Terenas Friday 10/14
Thanks to Xame (Yuri) for being the 6th man and stepping down from the ST run last Friday. We owe it to him to do it again.

We still have 5 people that haven't done ST:

Mogo
Marn
Kosch
Yuri
Conc/Lianne

The 1.8 patch has added warrior, warlock, and shaman quests for level 50. I don't know where they will be, but since the mage/rogue/hunter/priest level 50 quests are all in ST, my guess is these are too. This will give possible added incentive to come back.

I think the above is a workable group for ST, but with the new quests more than likely bringing back Durambar and Octord, it could also be two groups.

Rogoll and Gorkuk have been collecting BRD quests too, which is something those who don't want ST can also go do.

So if you're a shaman, warrior, or warlock, check out your level 50 class quest. Potentially work on BRD quest prep.

I'm assuming with the class quests that all of the five above will want ST, but not everyone may be available.

Who's coming? Opinions?
Gorkuk of course will be there, ready and willing to go either to BRD or ST, wherever he is needed most. I also wouldn't mind a Gizlock Maraudon run before hand, as I still covet the Megashot Rifle that I can't get Gizlock to drop for me, but that's just me, and only if we have the manpower and time to run it. :)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
I'll be there, and for ST I would think Conc would be preferred even with Marn there.

I don't mind ignoring Lianne for a while. I tried to get ZF done lastnight with Conc, but our PUG wiped and dissolved before collecting one of the tablet pieces for The egg series. If someone could help me on Wed night, I'd like to get the headpiece from the egg quest eventually, and that requires killing the lady by the pool in ZF. We can bypass most of the instance, I just want the last tablet piece so I can then try to get back to the egg in Jintha.

For the second group, if there aren't enough for BRD, it's about time to start in on the plaguelands quests, which are needed for keying for Scholo. They don't require a group, but they are tough to solo, and may as well do them while exp still counts. Either that or explore the new Silithus area. If the quests are anything like the Hinterlands quests they added in the earlier patch, the rewards should be pretty nice. From what I saw of previous Silithus stuff, probably not easy to solo.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Well, I can help out Wednesday night, but it will need to be fairly early, somewhere near the 5:30 to 6 pm server time start, as I will need to be done by 8 pm, or close thereto. But, I'm happy to help out.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
I'll be happy to assist with whatever. I will be on on Wednesday and Friday. I will not be on Wednesday from 8:00-9:00 server time; I would be available before or after that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
A full group is not needed. I killed Ghaz'rilla in a 3 man with GG and Treesh, and that was lower level than what Conc is. With you tanking, a healer and DPS is all that would be needed. Most of the trolls can be walked past due to level difference. I may be able to help later in the night on Wednesday.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
I'll be there on Friday with Durambar, hoping to hit 55 by then. I'm trying to get my BRD quests in order, but exploring the new warrior quest is top priority, especially if it takes me into ST again.
bonemage,Oct 11 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:A full group is not needed.&nbsp; I killed Ghaz'rilla in a 3 man with GG and Treesh, and that was lower level than what Conc is.&nbsp; With you tanking, a healer and DPS is all that would be needed.&nbsp; Most of the trolls can be walked past due to level difference.&nbsp; I may be able to help later in the night on Wednesday.
[right][snapback]91726[/snapback][/right]

We actually 3 manned Ghaz too (shammy healing and 46 mage for extra DPS), but previously we had wiped on the tiara woman and didn't get back to her body in time due to mass PUG arguments and group dissolving (we lost the two losers and actually did better 3 man than 5). I could probably solo the tiara woman (whatever her name is) but getting there probably can't be done solo. I was thinking only 2 or 3 people, yeah, should only take 45 minutes or so.

I'll see how early I can log on Wednesday. It definitely won't be early enough to get help from Voiceman, as I often am just getting home around 8 server time (7 for me), let alone having eaten and done any stuff around the house that needs to be done.

If I have the help of alram and bonemage after 9pm server time, that should be adequate.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Concillian,Oct 11 2005, 04:23 PM Wrote:If I have the help of alram and bonemage after 9pm server time, that should be adequate.
[right][snapback]91735[/snapback][/right]

There is a good chance Necrali will be available in this timeframe to provide some healing.
Got that done, working on warrior quest and hopefully I can go to Jintha and get the egg. <crosses fingers that there is a group there already clearing the way when I get there>
bonemage,Oct 11 2005, 04:08 PM Wrote:I'll be there on Friday with Durambar, hoping to hit 55 by then.&nbsp; I'm trying to get my BRD quests in order, but exploring the new warrior quest is top priority, especially if it takes me into ST again.
[right][snapback]91727[/snapback][/right]
The level 50 warrior quest does take you into ST.

It starts here, goes here, then on to the ST portion.

The quest rewards are:
Razorsteel Shoulders
or
Fury Visor
or
Diamond Flask
bonemage,Oct 12 2005, 10:48 AM Wrote:The level 50 warrior quest does take you into ST.

It starts here, goes here, then on to the ST portion.

The quest rewards are:
Razorsteel Shoulders
or
Fury Visor
or
Diamond Flask
[right][snapback]91798[/snapback][/right]

hmmm...helm?

the trinket is okay, but the helm seems great for soloing, not as great for groups (the ST reward is a good helm for groups though). The trinket's advantage is that it can be used in a group to add DPS, overall probably a little less than the helm.
The new warlock quest leads to ST so I will need to go back there.
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
Concillian,Oct 12 2005, 01:24 PM Wrote:hmmm...helm?

the trinket is okay, but the helm seems great for soloing, not as great for groups (the ST reward is a good helm for groups though).&nbsp; The trinket's advantage is that it can be used in a group to add DPS, overall probably a little less than the helm.
[right][snapback]91817[/snapback][/right]
I'm planning ont taking the helm as a solo/DPS item, while keeping the Avenguard helm for tanking in a group. There are few helms that add crit chance, Raging Berserker Helm from SM Armory, Lionheart (crafted epic) that is expensive, and the reward for this quest, which is properly placed between those two. There may be others, but I'm not aware of them. The fact that this crit mod (along with a nice to hit mod) is that rare gives the helm more longevity than either of the other two in my book. The shoulders are only slightly better than the Big Bad Pauldrons I got in ZF, so no longevity for them.

P.S. Thanks for grouping up with me last night to finish the second part of this quest. Sorry I had to go AFK after going on follow mode for the trip back, I hope I made it to Stonard safely...
Odds are not good that I will be able to make it on friday. We've had an emergency pop up.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Oct 13 2005, 02:50 PM Wrote:Odds are not good that I will be able to make it on friday.&nbsp; We've had an emergency pop up.
[right][snapback]91993[/snapback][/right]

Hope all is well (or at least ok if it can't be well ;) ) Hope to see you soon.

All right, if we assume Mogo and Marn can't make it, we have 3 people that need the entire instance:

Conc
Yuri
Kosch

and two more that need to kill the six guardians only for their class quest.

Durambar
Octord

Let me suggest this as a plan -- the five above will work to clear the six guardians. You'll be short on healing, but you don't have to worry about dragonkin pulls or any real boss fights (the six guardians aren't too tough). Kosch is your only healer, and he's an enhancement/elemental shaman with no healing gear. As long as he keeps his hands off the frost shock button I think you'll be ok that far in.

Once the six guardians are down and Durambar and Octord have completed their class quest, we'll swap one of them out for me (or both of them out and take Gorkuk) and I'll heal for the remainder of the instance.

This leaves several people out for at least part of the time, but I think it's the best use of our time. We have alts or BRD quest prep that can be worked on during that time.

edit: I just realized that Mogo and Marn both have class quests in there too and will probably be needing them at some point. Not sure how set you guys are on doing ST given how overleveled you are, but at least the class quests are probably worth doing. So maybe there's another run in the cards anyway at some point if the plan above doesn't work out.
vor_lord,Oct 13 2005, 08:16 PM Wrote:edit:&nbsp; I just realized that Mogo and Marn both have class quests in there too and will probably be needing them at some point.&nbsp; Not sure how set you guys are on doing ST given how overleveled you are, but at least the class quests are probably worth doing.&nbsp; So maybe there's another run in the cards anyway at some point if the plan above doesn't work out.
[right][snapback]92042[/snapback][/right]

I have alt upon alt (I guess one is a main... I just don't know which one) that needs class quests in there, I think we can accomodate.

Also, Kosch is somewhat underleveled (I spied 51 this morning) so that may help keep him off the shock keys =)

With both yuri and octord, the aggro pulling kings, we should be fine on DPS plus Durambar can flex his mortal strike muscles =)

Lianne would fit better into that group, so Conc could go when a tank would be more necessary, but Lianne needs the class quest prep and the egg from Jintha :(... I spent the whole week getting Conc fully prepped (and it took ALL week).

Good luck with your emergency Treesh and GG.
Not pertaining to Friday but I think this is as good a place as any for this kind of discussion.

Conc needs to choose between weaponsmith and armorsmith. Before Swirly left for Lightbringer, the choice was easy, because he was going to be armorsmith.

I'm thinking armorsmith will better serve the guild, and it seems that they have made armorsmithing more attractive on the whole over the last several patches. Does weaponsmithing have any real use beyond making Arc. Reapers that aren't as good as they used to be?

Is there much of a point to really be either if we don't get big enough for MC? Smithing is really only useful for the Thorium brotherhood plans, right? Plus maybe some plans that are virtually unobtainable?

Input welcome

Also, I'm getting close to the point where some useful items can be made like mithril shield spikes and mithril spurs, is there any interest in that kind of thing? I have the plans for spurs, but not spikes, I think I'm high enough to do spikes, I just don't have the plan.
Concillian,Oct 14 2005, 11:37 AM Wrote:With both yuri and octord, the aggro pulling kings, we should be fine on DPS plus Durambar can flex his mortal strike muscles =)

[right][snapback]92117[/snapback][/right]

Durambar traded in his muscles so no more mortal strike :(

I think my preference is to swap Octord out once you guys are done with the first part. We've got the shaman with self rez, and two warriors in the Hakkar encounter I think will come in handy. Might be short on DPS with an underleveled shaman and two warriors... but my healing capacity is pretty dang high especially with all the aggro control we would have.
Concillian,Oct 14 2005, 11:53 AM Wrote:Does weaponsmithing have any real use beyond making Arc. Reapers that aren't as good as they used to be?

I just took a look at all the new recipes. Boy things have changed! There are some nice looking pieces of mail now which look like they will involve faction related to Zul'Gurub, which I think is a more reachable target than MC.

Quote:Is there much of a point to really be either if we don't get big enough for MC?&nbsp; Smithing is really only useful for the Thorium brotherhood plans, right?&nbsp; Plus maybe some plans that are virtually unobtainable?

Input welcome

I am not exactly sure. When I was a blacksmith, there were no Thorium brotherhood plans, and nothing worth making except the reaper. I became very disillusioned with smithing altogether. They continue to add things though.

Quote:Also, I'm getting close to the point where some useful items can be made like mithril shield spikes and mithril spurs, is there any interest in that kind of thing?&nbsp; I have the plans for spurs, but not spikes, I think I'm high enough to do spikes, I just don't have the plan.
[right][snapback]92120[/snapback][/right]

Spurs are (or were) one of the cheapest skillups in smithing. I wouldn't mind some myself. Certainly a shield spike for the warriors and shamans would be useful.