Help me respec my druid
So Taranna was a cat focused restoration spec in 1.7 you can see her old spec here

So I was thinking that I might do a slightly different cat focus restoration in 1.8 with this: 1.8 Cat Focus Restoration Druid

Feral Combat Talents - 20 points
# Ferocity - rank 5/5
# Thick Hide - rank 5/5
# Feline Swiftness - rank 2/2
# Sharpened Claws - rank 3/3
# Predatory Strikes - rank 3/3
# Blood Frenzy - rank 2/2

Restoration Talents - 31 points
# Furor - rank 5/5
# Improved Healing Touch - rank 5/5
# Nature's Focus - rank 5/5
# Insect Swarm - rank 1/1
# Tranquil Spirit - rank 5/5
# Improved Rejuvenation - rank 2/3
# Nature's Swiftness - rank 1/1
# Gift of Nature - rank 5/5
# Improved Regrowth - rank 1/5
# Innervate - rank 1/1

Yes, that's right no improved Mark of the Wild. No subtlety either. Even without salvation on me I have never pulled healing aggro in the raid game. Subtlety is a 5 man talent. Though I might miss it now that tranquility is somewhat usable. I only had 2 points in it for most of my 5 manning growing up with her as well and still rarely drew healing aggro so I'm just not sure I really need it.

I've never had a problem with being seen while in stealth form and I don't really care about extra threat as a bear so I figured I'd buff my armor some. Since I'm going for buffed cat I also had to sacrifice the highly useful feral charge because I want the extra dodge when I'm doing solo in cat or if I pull aggro and don't cower fast enough.

Not having the cheaper shred might be an issue but I've had problems staying on the mobs back in the 15 man raids and I'm sure I'll still be mostly healing in 40 mans anyway. :) But a cheaper shred was nice in the old build. However I'm just going for the higher overall attack power (90 more actually) which will still help if I have to go bear form anyway. :)

It's just a thought. I'm resisting the urge to go full on feral as much as I want to do that.

Feedback appreciated.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
This will be my Feral Combat specced Druid in patch 1.8, incl. "Leader of the Pack" which now has the important critical strike bonus that was previously already included in a 5/5 "Sharpened Claws" skill (now 3/3 in patch 1.8):

Quote:Feral Combat (31 points)

Ferocity 5/5
Feral Instinct 5/5
Feline Swiftness 2/2
Feral Charge 1/1
Sharpened Claws 3/3
Predatory Strikes 3/3
Blood Frenzy 2/2
Primal Fury 2/2
Savage Fury 2/2
Heart of the Wild 5/5
Leader of the Pack 1/1

Restoration (12 points)

Furor 5/5
Nature's Focus 5/5
Improved Enrage 2/2

Balances (8 points)

Nature's Grasps/Improved Nature's Grasp 5/5
Natural Shapeshifter 3/3
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Just a couple things you might want to also ponder for your build (which looks pretty good overall, to me!):

-Improved Shred

It seems like this talent can go a long way toward making a cat dish out a lot of damage if someone else is around to tank by letting you get off more Shreds. I'm definitely not a Rogue expert, but it seems that reducing the energy cost of a backstab-like attack would be a good thing. I plan on testing this out and seeing how I like it. :)

-Improved Rejuvenation vs. Improved Regrowth

I think that I would probably try to group up the points spent in those talents into one talent or the other. I generally try to min/max my skills to make one more powerful/efficient and then use that skill more.

-Reflection

This looks like it's a nice talent for both 5-maning & for the 40-person raids if you use spirit for mana regeneration. If, however, you have a lot of +mana/5 seconds gear, then I could see skipping this talent.

Overall, however, I'd say your spec looks like it would give you what you're looking for: an end-game healer spec that can moonlight as a cat form. :)

EDIT: Since I've already got an end-game healer but I'm leveling a Druid, I thought I'd go the feral route and have opted for this build. It looks like it should be fun to me! However, for the end-game I might respec to have a build that is more similar to the one that you propose.
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Oct 11 2005, 11:00 AM Wrote:Just a couple things you might want to also ponder for your build (which looks pretty good overall, to me!):

-Improved Shred

It seems like this talent can go a long way toward making a cat dish out a lot of damage if someone else is around to tank by letting you get off more Shreds.  I'm definitely not a Rogue expert, but it seems that reducing the energy cost of a backstab-like attack would be a good thing.  I plan on testing this out and seeing how I like it.  :)
As I mentioned this is a big question for me as well. I have it now and it does help a lot and the new talent is even better. I'd have to take points from somewhere for it though. That means predatory strikes going to 30 AP instead of 90 which weakens my weak bear (that will still be used at times) and hurts my regular hits more as well, it's also a bigger hit if I'm going cat in my caster gear (which is not uncommon) as that 90 AP is not gear dependent. Not an easy choice at all. Giving up the extra combo points of blood frenzy is a possibility as well but that hurts ferocious bite and ferocious bite is a large part of cat damage still. And only one point in blood frenzy would just annoy me. Seeing a crit and not seeing the extra combo point, grrr. So that is an all or nothing talent. But yeah that is a very tough debate for me.

Quote:-Improved Rejuvenation vs. Improved Regrowth

I think that I would probably try to group up the points spent in those talents into one talent or the other.  I generally try to min/max my skills to make one more powerful/efficient and then use that skill more.
This would be true if those spells served the same purpose or you could get away without using one or the other, but that is not the case with druid healing. 10% more crit on regrowth is nice, and better to me than 5% more on rejuv. Since you keep rejuv up all the time it is nice to have improvements to it. Regrowth is a mana hog unless it crits, in which case it becomes about the same healing/mana as the other druid spells, if you let the full 21 seconds of the HoT run. If you cast it again on the same target you kill mana efficiency since you over write your HoT part of it. So this is often what you throw on the off tank or you will put up on the MT when you need a faster heal but I won't be casting it a lot. I like the idea of a fairly large 10% boost to that front end crit but since I will be using rejuv all the time I'd rather have the 10% boost on that than 30% crit chance on regrowth which will be used less now that I can cast in 3 vs 3.5 seconds on healing touch. My healing has a tendency to split 35/35/30 on what spells provide the healing a lot of the times. This is one case where I don't think a min/max works best.

Quote:-Reflection

This looks like it's a nice talent for both 5-maning & for the 40-person raids if you use spirit for mana regeneration.  If, however, you have a lot of +mana/5 seconds gear, then I could see skipping this talent. 

Keep in mind druids get less benefit from spirit than priests do. So 15% of my spirit counting for regen is more like a priest having 8-10% their spirit counting does it seem as worthwile now?

Yeah I could give up the regrowth/rejuv points for this but it doesn't really help in 5 man when you have innervate because if you run out of mana you innervate yourself and are good to go, if that much mana isn't enough you had other issues anyway. Drinking out of combat and start of pulls is easier to do as a druid because you can't preshield you pretty much have to wait on the first cast of the spell anyway. The occasional front end crit on regrowth and the extra healing of the HoT on rejuv will probably allow me to cast less and make up for the little mana I would regen with this talent.

In 40 man with all the priests and paladins around interrupting your heals anyway the regen isn't that big a deal either because you never get the 3 second cast off so you are full regen anyway. :)

Oh and yeah I have at least 35mana/5 sec anyway might be more like 50 not sure don't keep close track on it.

Of course with insect swarm and hurricane being available this talent has some more appeal as there will be more things I can cast to interrupt the regen. But I still this being a better talent for a balance druid than a restoration druid. That also makes subtlety more attractive as well since I'll probably have a higher DPS than I used to when healing so healing threat may be more likely to push me over the top of the hate list, of course that is also part of the reason for the armor talent, to take even less damage in bear, and furor will allow me to bash the mob right away as well.
---
Gnollguy,Oct 11 2005, 09:50 AM Wrote:This is one case where I don't think a min/max works best.
Another thing I thought of while posting about Rejuvenation vs. Regrowth was that it often seem that Rejuvenation isn't as useful for raid healing if you've just got the main tank to target. In those cases, other people tend to spam flash heals or other heals like it and fill up the tank's life, thus making all of Rejuventation overhealing. However, for 5-man instances I always find that I use renew vastly more than other heals, with Silverflail, and I would imagine it to be the same sort of thing with a Druid using Rejuvenation.

Also, I can definitely understand the problem with Regrowth's mana efficiency - that is the one thing that would make me cringe if I end up with a Druid spec for the end-game that is focused on healing but didn't have a large number of points in Improved Regrowth. :)

Quote:Keep in mind druids get less benefit from spirit than priests do. So 15% of my spirit counting for regen is more like a priest having 8-10% their spirit counting does it seem as worthwile now?
This was the main thing I wanted to focus on with this post. :)

I've done some searching around and came up with the following expression to detail priestly spirit regeneration:

Priest Mana Regeneration (per tick) = Spirit / 4 + 13

Druids use a similar equation, as shown below:

Druid Mana Regeneration (per tick) = Spirit / 5 + 15

Why Reflection can beat out Meditation

In terms of overall power, assuming one of the two above options is correct, it seems obvious that Meditation should beat out Reflection. Both talents give 15% regeneration while casting and during the 5 seconds of no regeneration. Thus, given a comparable gear build for the Druid and Priest (that is, similar spirit), the Druid will get less out of the fully specc'd talent than a priest:

To make things easier, I'll assume that the Druid and Priest builds have the same spirit. This is an ok first approximation though Druid items tend to have slightly slower spirit than Priest items. However, there are so many different combinations of gear, that some decision has to be made here. Since it's close, I'll assume they're the same to make things easy.

- Assume 300 spirit

Druid regeneration = (300/5 + 15)*0.15 = (75)*0.15 = 11.25 mana per tick
Priest regeneration = (300/4 + 13)*0.15 = (88)*0.15 = 13.2 mana per tick

However, now take a look at the talent trees and note that Meditation takes 5 talent points to get to 15% while Reflection takes only 3. So let's check out the effect, per talent point, for these cases:

Druid regeneration per point = 11.25/3 = 3.75 mana per tick per point
Priest regeneration per point = 13.2/5 = 2.64 mana per tick per point

This shows that, for an equal amount of spirit, a point spent in the Druid talent is actually MORE effective than each point placed in the Priest talent. Add in the fact that the main Druid HoT, Rejuvenation, has a shorter duration than the Priest HoT, Renew, and it would seem that Druids who make liberal use of the efficient HoT's would spend more time in the casting period or 5 second rule and so make good use of this talent.

So my response would be, yes, the points spent in Reflection do seem worthwhile. :)

I'm not saying it's a necessity, but rather than the talent points seem like they would get better return with a Druid than with a Priest in many cases. Thus, since I really like the Meditation talent on my priest, Silverflail, I think I would also like the Reflection talent on a Druid.

Quote:In 40 man with all the priests and paladins around interrupting your heals anyway the regen isn't that big a deal either because you never get the 3 second cast off so you are full regen anyway. smile.gif

This is, of course, a big reason why Reflection might not be as effective for parts of 40-person raiding, however even with Silverflail I find that I can often make use of spamming renew around the raid without too much overhealing, so I'm sure a Druid could do the same with Rejuvenation. Whether that happens enough to warrent picking up Reflection in a raiding-oriented build is up to the player. :)

EDIT: I did a couple quick tests now that the realms are up and figured out the Druid spirit-based mana regeneration equation. :)
-TheDragoon
Much depends on what you intend to be doing. If you're a raidaholic, I'd do a Balance/Restoration or a Restoration/Balance for ranged damage while being available to heal. It tends to drop the Fun Fur Factor, though.

The Theorycraft Hykim-as-healer build i've been working on is:

Feral Combat Talents - 16 points

Ferocity - rank 5/5
Feral Instinct - rank 3/5
Brutal Impact - rank 2/2
Feline Swiftness - rank 2/2
Feral Charge - rank 1/1
Sharpened Claws - rank 3/3

Restoration Talents - 35 points

Improved Mark of the Wild - rank 5/5
Improved Healing Touch - rank 5/5
Nature's Focus - rank 4/5
Insect Swarm - rank 1/1
Tranquil Spirit - rank 5/5
Improved Rejuvenation - rank 3/3
Nature's Swiftness - rank 1/1
Gift of Nature - rank 5/5
Improved Regrowth - rank 5/5
Innervate - rank 1/1

There is enough in the Feral tree to not be completely gimped, and all the Restoration healing-enhancing talents are covered.

That's not what I'm going to go for immediately. I'm going to try a more Feral-oriented buid, to wit:

Balance Talents - 9 points

Improved Wrath - rank 5/5
Natural Weapons - rank 4/5

Feral Combat Talents - 31 points

Ferocity - rank 5/5
Feral Instinct - rank 5/5
Brutal Impact - rank 2/2
Feline Swiftness - rank 2/2
Feral Charge - rank 1/1
Sharpened Claws - rank 3/3
Predatory Strikes - rank 3/3
Blood Frenzy - rank 1/2
Savage Fury - rank 2/2
Faerie Fire (Feral) - rank 1/1
Heart of the Wild - rank 5/5
Leader of the Pack - rank 1/1

Restoration Talents - 11 points

Improved Mark of the Wild - rank 5/5
Furor - rank 5/5
Insect Swarm - rank 1/1

All of this is probably immaterial, as I have no plans, goals or real use for Hykim, but it should be fun to tool around Ferally for a bit, maybe try PvPing.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Bun-Bun,Oct 11 2005, 06: Wrote:Faerie Fire (Feral) - rank 1/1
For what to you plan to use Feral Faerie Fire, against Rogues (counter stealth) in PvP or for mobs in PvE? I think that decreasing the armor of a target by 175 for 40 sec. is rather low.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Oct 11 2005, 01:23 PM Wrote:For what to you plan to use Feral Faerie Fire, against Rogues (counter stealth) in PvP or for mobs in PvE? I think that decreasing the armor of a target by 175 for 40 sec. is rather low.
[right][snapback]91682[/snapback][/right]

It's certainly a point of debatable value, but it's the only in-form ranged pull a druid has. As I recall, there are also higher ranks of the spell purchasable from the trainers, but as I haven't used Furry Fire in a long, long time I can't say for sure.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
TheDragoon,Oct 11 2005, 01:07 PM Wrote:I've done some searching around and came up with the following expression to detail priestly spirit regeneration:

Mana Regeneration (per tick) = Spirit / 4 + 13
[right][snapback]91675[/snapback][/right]

Druids are spirit / 5.

Spirit is not as common on leather as it is on cloth. Druids get cloth items after the priests and warlocks have their fill so it takes more time to get it. I get to about 250 spirit buffed, higher if I want to give up more life or mana.

I have full reflection now because well I had to to get innervate, but I just haven't found it to be all that useful. I have an over unbundance of mana or the one extra heal it will give me before I run dry doesn't really make much of a difference.

I don't disagree that it is more valuable per point than the priest talent but I don't think anyone would get the talent on either class without maxing it. It's less useful maxed to a druid who will likely have lower spirit and less regen for it.

So I'm looking at (250/5 + 13) * 0.15 = 9.45 mana per tick while casting and 63 per tick while not casting. A tick is 3 seconds. Mana pool is around 6K in my raid gear. Healing touch is 690 mana with talents. 28 seconds of the 3.5 second cast would suck 5520 mana. I would get 85 mana back in that time from reflection. Not enough to make a difference for much of anything. It's not a completely pointless talent but I just don't see as much benefit from it as I do from rejuv doing 76 to 115 more healing per cast or regrowth having a 10% - 30% higher chance to crit on the front end.

Rejuv on the MT actually heals about as much as on others in the raid since the MT will get hurt again and a rejuv/renew/regrowth HoT tick will have a chance to go off before they are topped off again. On someone else it will get a couple of ticks then a paladin or a priest will throw a fast heal on them or a druid will hit them with a regrowth that tops them off from the front end heal. So in my experience you lose as many rejuv ticks on the MT as you do on anyone else.

And again even with a crit on the front end of regrowth you still need the HoT to make it mana efficient so you still only cast that periodically on a single target. Since the front end can heal for nearly 2K with a crit, not looking at gear, if you cast it on anyone but a warrior and get a crit you will very likely waste your own HoT. If they are below half health you can pretty much count on someone else having a heal heading their way. Of course this is why you use lower ranks of it much of the time but if you count on a crit with a lower rank and don't get it you can be in trouble and you would have been better off in most cases spending the extra 1.5 seconds casting the healing touch. The crit is nice so I want to up the chance of it going off when I hit the MT with it every now and then in smaller groups or when I'm making sure that rogue or off tank doesn't go down before the healing touch gets them but even at 60% or so you would have with it fully talented it's mostly going to be worse than trying to land a healing touch on someone at least for me and the way I heal.

Bun Wrote:Much depends on what you intend to be doing. If you're a raidaholic, I'd do a Balance/Restoration or a Restoration/Balance for ranged damage while being available to heal. It tends to drop the Fun Fur Factor, though.

What do I want to do? Well I want to be able to help out wherver I can. 40 man raids now and then. 5 mans, 10 and 15 man raids for loot. In the 10 and 15 man I'll probably not be needed to heal at all if there is a priest around, except in just a few fights or in an emergency so I'll probably be hanging out as a cat with the rogues and shifting to other forms as need be.

In 5 man with this group I'll most likely either be healing or DPS. If the group really needs a tank they'll probably want Gnolack more than a druid bear. So improvements to bear form will only help out in PvP and when things get messy. Improvements to cat form will help out as much as improvements to healing. I'm very comfortable being in cat form doing damage and still watching heal bars so I can back-up heal if I need to. While 20 points in balance can certainly help pump up the caster form damage it seems that you still need a 30+ point investment to really help it out. Furor will allow me to throw out an insect swarm/hurricane/whatever before hitting cat to do damage. I don't think I would really have more mana to heal with either way since I'll be draining mana for damage in caster or I will have a smaller mana pool for more crit and AP in cat form.

So I'm trying to keep the utility of Taranna high while improving healing. Not having improved MotW will probably make raids a little less happy but really its 100 armor, 7 resist all and 4 to all stats. Helpful but not hugely so. I can just give my reagents to a druid that has the better one once an hour if need be.

So with those thoughts in mind I'm anxious for more of this good feedback I've gotten so far. Bun-Bun's feral build looks much like what I would do if I went full feral.
---
Tufty's planned build:

Feral Combat Talents - 20 points

# Ferocity - rank 5/5
- A no-brainer, these are the bread-and-butter attacks and the energy/rage savings are HY00G!

# Feral Instinct - rank 5/5
- I find myself losing aggro sometimes as a bear - weaker DPS. This will help and also give me an edge on prowling in cat form, in PvP.

# Brutal Impact - rank 2/2
- Never had this before. I'll have to evaluate whether it makes a difference or not in PvP.

# Feline Swiftness - rank 2/2
- PvP talent, purely. All battlegrounds are outdoors.

# Feral Charge - rank 1/1
- Essential! So many uses in PvP and PvE.

# Sharpened Claws - rank 3/3
- Basic form DPS increase.

# Blood Frenzy - rank 2/2
- Basic cat-form DPS increase.

Restoration Talents - 31 points

# Improved Mark of the Wild - rank 5/5
- Someone's gotta have it. Factor in the increased str/agi/sta for damage as well.

# Furor - rank 5/5
- Essential for PvP and PvE bear-tanking.

# Improved Healing Touch - rank 5/5
- Essential for Nature's Swiftness, plus it'll be nice to have a 3-sec heal.

# Nature's Focus - rank 5/5
- You can argue you don't get hit on raids, but when the fur hits the fan...

# Reflection - rank 3/3
- Long ZG boss battles make this skill useful. Could consider Improved Enrage.

# Insect Swarm - rank 1/1
- Getting this, but not Gift of Healing - because this is a useful skill all by itself.

# Tranquil Spirit - rank 5/5
- More efficient healing touches and essential for Innervate.

# Nature's Swiftness - rank 1/1
- Must-have! When things get a bit laggy, I pop this and wait to fire off a max-rank healing touch.

# Innervate - rank 1/1
- Must-have! This represents 3000-4000 mana.
Call me a heretic, but I won't be taking Improved Mark of the Wild.

I'm thinking 14 Balance (Natural Weaponry, Thorns, Omen) and 37 Feral (everything except feral aggression, feline swiftness and improved shred).

*Lots* of tanking potential there. Groups I'll pull with Hurricane then rely on 32 point Thorns and +30% damage +15% threat swipes, singles I'll do the current Starfire, Moonfire, Rejuv. Hopefully Omen will proc on swipes.

Enough to be prefered over a protection spec warrior as tank? Probably not, but I should at least give a MS build a run for it's money in that role. Looking forward to a few stealth runs too.
Bun-Bun,Oct 11 2005, 02: Wrote:but it's the only in-form ranged pull a druid has.
[right][snapback]91683[/snapback][/right]

Exactly why it's worth a talent point to a Feral Druid. I can't tell you how much mana has been wasted doing Moonfire+Bear Form when tanking an instance, besides the fact that it makes it harder to Enrage, and is just plain annoying.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Warlock,Oct 11 2005, 05:10 PM Wrote:Call me a heretic, but I won't be taking Improved Mark of the Wild.
[right][snapback]91728[/snapback][/right]

I won't call you a heretic because I'm not either. :)
---
Can I call you both heretics since I'm taking IMOTW? :whistling:

+4 strength, +4 agility = +12 attack power, +0.2% crit
+4 sta = +40 health
+4 int = +60 mana

It is a small, but real benefit!

I suppose you'll probably be calling me 'Shut up and buff, cat' though. :lol:
Really not sure how I'm going to spec now, even after spending all that gold on the test realms. Will probably end up going either 0(+1)/29(+1)/21 or 0(+1)/19(+1)/31. I must say that the latter is looking very appealing right now, as it's got most of the things I love about my 1.7 build (9/21/21) with the added bonus of imp. regrowth and innervate! On the down side, it doesn't have HotW, which looks like one of the sexiest talents in any of our trees, a true hybrid talent.

Quote:For what to you plan to use Feral Faerie Fire, against Rogues (counter stealth) in PvP or for mobs in PvE? I think that decreasing the armor of a target by 175 for 40 sec. is rather low.

Feral Fire does indeed have additional trainable ranks which keep it on par with normal faerie fire. The damage increase to cat and bear forms from faerie fire is not to be underestimated, particularly given than ferocious bite is affected by armor. Throwing FF on a low armor mob/player does make a big difference in your damage output.

Quote:Exactly why it's worth a talent point to a Feral Druid. I can't tell you how much mana has been wasted doing Moonfire+Bear Form when tanking an instance, besides the fact that it makes it harder to Enrage, and is just plain annoying.

I really don't see the point of using feral faerie fire as a ranged pull. Addimittedly I haven't had a chance to experiment with the addition aggro that Feral Instinct gives you, but I know that without it I much prefered the front end aggro of starfire+moonfire+rejuv when I was tanking. As for the mana cost, it certainly didn't bother me that much, as long as I had enough after the pull to throw in the odd cheaky regrowth if I lost aggro. Keep in mind that feral fire used to cost rage/energy as well. I'd much rather burn a bit of mana than 5 rage early in a fight. The fact that it's now "free" in feral forms and one point to get it for both forms is just gravy.

Quote:This will be my Feral Combat specced Druid in patch 1.8, incl. "Leader of the Pack" which now has the important critical strike bonus that was previously already included in a 5/5 "Sharpened Claws" skill (now 3/3 in patch 1.8)

I might be miss-reading your post nobbie, but the new three point actually gives more crit chance than the old 5 point version. (6% vs. 5%) Neat huh. :D

On to mana regen and Reflection. While theorycraft certainly isn't my strong point, I actually missed reflection more than innervate for healing 5 to 15 man instances when I respecced. The difference was quite noticable, and my mana bar would get to that scary range quite a lot more without reflection. Now that it only costs three points and is much lower in the tree I'll definately be investing in it no matter which build I end up going for. The question is do I go 3 in reflection and 1 in imp regrowth or 2/2? :huh:

Hehe, I have so many descisions to make I'm scared to log in and start spending points. :blush: My respecs are already up to 45g and I'm trying to save for an epic mount. :wacko:

PS. Thick hide rocks gnollguy. :D (Remember, it's applied before the armor bonus from Dire Bear, and works for all forms.)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Thinking outside the box, I was wondering what people would think of this. You lose innervate but since (for me at least) regrowth is more for emergency heals, this would help you pop off some quicker heals when you need it. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try it but someone else might be. B)
No doubting IMOTW is a nice talent - my old build had both it and Furor (0/13/38). I'd like to fit it into my new one (I haven't bitten the bullet and actually spent the points yet)... but I'm not willing to give up anything to get it!

The tree are vastly improved - imagine having to actually go without good talents in order to get others! There are still quibbles (Balance tier 1 is simply junk to my build) but quibbles is all they are.

Much equipment hunting to come. My bear suit is decent (just needing suitable bracers), my cat suit needs work, my healing suit has too much Spirit for a build without Innervate. With the Feral talent boosts demonstrating serious thought at Blizzard about the Druid class I'm also hopeful that we'll be getting more high level equipment designed for the role. Cenarion isn't very inspiring for a tank :)
Sir_Die_alot,Oct 11 2005, 09:21 PM Wrote:Thinking outside the box, I was wondering what people would think of this. You lose innervate but since (for me at least) regrowth is more for emergency heals, this would help you pop off some quicker heals when you need it. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try it but someone else might be.  B)
[right][snapback]91756[/snapback][/right]

I've thought about a build like that. You use regrowth to trigger the crit effect and then you have a 2.5 second cast healing touch that gets the full benefit of all your +healing. That's a lot of HP/s when you take a 3.5 cast spell down to a 2.5. Sure you could throw out another regrowth in 1.5 sec but that's a big mana waste unless another target needs healing since you'll overwrite your own HoT.
---
Tuftears,Oct 11 2005, 07:20 PM Wrote:Can I call you both heretics since I'm taking IMOTW?  :whistling:

+4 strength, +4 agility = +12 attack power, +0.2% crit
+4 sta = +40 health
+4 int = +60 mana

It is a small, but real benefit!

I suppose you'll probably be calling me 'Shut up and buff, cat' though.  :lol:
[right][snapback]91742[/snapback][/right]

Yeah it's a nice talent and you forgot +7 resist all as well and the additional 100 or so armor. But like I said I figure other druids will have it (you do :) ) and it really isn't that big a deal for solo power. Furor has a lot more benefit solo. My 5 mans will suffer a bit for lack of it, but eh. :)

Of course I still haven't spent Taranna's points yet.
---
I bit the bullet and tried my full-tank spec last night.

UBRS 15 man, full clear : Mostly catform, #4 in damage dealt after three Mages. Hurricane helped.
BRD 5 man, to Darkvine and Bael'gar : Mostly bearform, took 75% of all damage, #1 in damage dealt. Guild warrior in the run was humoring me at the start, not at the end.

Now trying to convince my GM that we can do 'focus tank gear on the MT' for leather too :)