Eathquake in Pakistan
kandrathe,Oct 12 2005, 05:03 AM Wrote:I do the socially responsible thing and live in an area that is geologically stable, well above sea level, and marginally habitable due to frigid winters.
[right][snapback]91640[/snapback][/right]
You aren't seriously equating living in an earthquake prone area with being socially irresponsible are you? :huh:
whyBish,Oct 11 2005, 11:45 PM Wrote:You aren't seriously equating living in an earthquake prone area with being socially irresponsible are you?  :huh:
[right][snapback]91760[/snapback][/right]
As long as the home owner (or their insurance company) is responsible for repairing the earthquake damage. I was just as agog when the government forked over billions to allow people to rebuild their dwellings in the Mississippi flood plain a few years back. It's kind of like taking your luxury sedan on the Baha off road race, and then whining when it gets all beat to hell. I'm just not as sympathetic anymore to every natural catastrophe being a reason for hand outs at taxpayers expense.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]