Weirdest thing you've seen in WoW
So, last night I decide to tag along on an UD Strat run where they tank the Baron right in front of the squishies and we all die a horrible AoE death. Lessons learned and world peace restored, we glide back into strath and, of course, the door has locked behind us and the Baron is sitting like Achilles in his tent.

Not a problem, it's happened before. We send in a call to a GM, get a near immediate response, and wait for him to unlock the door for us.

When the door unlocks, there is a translucent naked male gnome with green hair SWIMMING on the other side of the door about 5 feet above the floor. He /waves to us and proceeds to swim out straight through the Baron and the back wall.

I'm assuming that was the GM. Scary naked swimming GM.

We had to stop the group for five minutes while we tried to stop laughing....

Easily the weirdest thing I've seen in WoW. Didn't even THINK to grab a screen capture, tho. That's my story... what's yours?
Probably the first time I saw someone still on a griffon running around westfall.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Oct 4 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:Probably the first time I saw someone still on a griffon running around westfall.
[right][snapback]91014[/snapback][/right]

Heh, "the first time".
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
savaughn,Oct 4 2005, 12:57 PM Wrote:Easily the weirdest thing I've seen in WoW.  Didn't even THINK to grab a screen capture, tho.  That's my story... what's yours?
[right][snapback]91009[/snapback][/right]

Zippyy. 'Nuff said.
Tal,Oct 4 2005, 02:23 PM Wrote:Zippyy. 'Nuff said.
[right][snapback]91030[/snapback][/right]
Tal, why don't you talk to me on TS anymore? I love your voice. :unsure:
[Image: wand.jpg]
The error occurred on line -1.
Zippyy,Oct 4 2005, 02:39 PM Wrote:Tal, why don't you talk to me on TS anymore?  I love your voice. :unsure:
[Image: wand.jpg]
[right][snapback]91034[/snapback][/right]

The heavy breathing was creeping me out. :blink:
Tal,Oct 4 2005, 03:04 PM Wrote:The heavy breathing was creeping me out.  :blink:
[right][snapback]91036[/snapback][/right]
I don't have a mic...

I wonder who it was. :blink:
The error occurred on line -1.
Not weird, but definitely funny. A Shaman and I single-handedly wiped an entire Nathanos raid (estimated 30 people) by using /assist macros and killing their tanks in quick succession.

Before the raid actually began, one of the priests MC'd me. Nathanos quickly stomped me, and then I watched as he tore off after the priest, killed him, and then began mashing everyone else stupid enough to throw a heal the priest's way or to try to pull him off the priest. Maybe 12 out of the 30 died on that little adventure.

Numerous other times, mages and hunters would attempt to snipe us (we were hiding out in the house, just behind Nathanos.) Nathanos would notice this, quickly chase them, kill them, and return.

I managed to ping-pong my way to their casters (via Charge on their tanks and then Intercept onto a Priest) and let off a fear. Was pretty amusing watching fourteen or so people run around, and the subsequent wipe it caused was even funnier.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Oct 5 2005, 02:32 AM Wrote:Was pretty amusing watching fourteen or so people run around, and the subsequent wipe it caused was even funnier.
[right][snapback]91095[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, LOLzers. ;)

My experience was just the opposite. The 2 or 3 Horde holed up in the house waiting for our BC raid to begin, so my party was designated the griefer killers. 3 Horde dead, BC and pets dead, and a few on our side. Bahahahahaha! Now that was funny!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

kandrathe,Oct 5 2005, 08:57 AM Wrote:Yeah, LOLzers.  ;)

My experience was just the opposite.  The 2 or 3 Horde holed up in the house waiting for  our BC raid to begin, so my party was designated the griefer killers.  3 Horde dead, BC  and pets dead, and a few on our side.  Bahahahahaha!  Now that was funny!
[right][snapback]91097[/snapback][/right]

Well, calling them griefers for defending their questgiver (it even says in the questlog) isn't really fair now is it? Anyway, nice story on the swimming GM :)
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
I was fighting in the barrens , completed a quest 5 minutes before and was back killing Zhevra's when I was hit by massive lag and DC'd , logged back on and was like woah big rollback , I was on the back of a wind rider which I had'nt used for at least a half hour , but the best bit of the ride was it was'nt on the usual route , this baby was flying underground , it headed to Org got there , turned around and headed back to x-roads , it was an amazing flight to say the least , under the barrens looking up , no ground , but every tree and plant floating above my head , even Org was invisible except for bonfires etc , was pretty cool and got a few screenshots . I was going to send one in to STSI , but never got around to it . I also dont know of any place I could put these to show them . Pretty interesting ride :)
Take care
Zippyy,Oct 4 2005, 03:14 PM Wrote:I don't have a mic...

I wonder who it was. :blink:
[right][snapback]91038[/snapback][/right]

Shhhhh ....
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Raven Vale,Oct 5 2005, 04:45 AM Wrote:I also dont know of any place I could put these to show them . Pretty interesting ride :)
[right][snapback]91102[/snapback][/right]

The "intersting screenshots" thread might be a good place to start...they sound like cool pics. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Oct 5 2005, 08:08 AM Wrote:The "intersting screenshots" thread might be a good place to start...they sound like cool pics. ;)
[right][snapback]91109[/snapback][/right]

I think he's referring moreso to a place to host the images.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Alrin,Oct 5 2005, 05:07 AM Wrote:Well, calling them griefers for defending their questgiver (it even says in the questlog) isn't really fair now is it?
[right][snapback]91101[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. Not like I haven't been found defending Alliance Questgivers. Nope. Not me. Not happened. :whistling:

*Goes back to Chillwind Point*

;)
Alrin,Oct 5 2005, 04:07 AM Wrote:Well, calling them griefers for defending their questgiver (it even says in the questlog) isn't really fair now is it? Anyway, nice story on the swimming GM :)
[right][snapback]91101[/snapback][/right]
Just another part of Blizzard instigation of plaguelands PvP on all servers by making some quest givers also a quest targets and flagging anyone involved. I think it is as much griefing and interfering with a groups attempts at any external raid boss. On the server Artega lives on, I fault the raid for not eliminating the Horde as a threat before attempting BC. On PVE servers, the griefers are mostly limited to dragging crowds of mobs through their opponents AOE, and other nice aggro transfers. On a PvP server there is a duller edge between harrassment and "Play". Like I said, it happened to one of the BC raids I was involved with and our raid premeditated and dealt with the added Horde threat. Most BC raids I'm on, organize away from the house and swoop in fast, set up, and execute before there is an ability for the Horde to organize a resistance.

Actually, I was turning in a quest, having completed the Tyr's Hand leg of the Gorewood Bow quest earlier, and then gone on to do a five-man Baron run. I just happened to mash a couple of Alliance on the way, and then noticed a large pack nearby and a couple of dead Blighthounds, so I figured they were going to try to kill Nathanos, and told everyone on LocalDefense about it :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Oct 5 2005, 01:04 PM Wrote:Actually, I was turning in a quest, having completed the Tyr's Hand leg of the Gorewood Bow quest earlier, and then gone on to do a five-man Baron run.  I just happened to mash a couple of Alliance on the way, and then noticed a large pack nearby and a couple of dead Blighthounds, so I figured they were going to try to kill Nathanos, and told everyone on LocalDefense about it :)
[right][snapback]91149[/snapback][/right]

That's also one of the stupid things about how Blizzard did this. While the Horde can defend Blightcaller, the Alliance would be stupid to try to defend the scarlets (since the scarlets are red to the Alliance). It would make more sense if Blizzard setup Blightcaller with something equivalent on the Alliance side (like something up at the High Elf village) for Alliance to defend. Atleast we can do defense/offense against the two Barovs, but having only the Alliance do Offense and the Horde only do Defense is just plain silly if you ask me.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Oct 5 2005, 03:45 PM Wrote:That's also one of the stupid things about how Blizzard did this.  While the Horde can defend Blightcaller, the Alliance would be stupid to try to defend the scarlets (since the scarlets are red to the Alliance).  It would make more sense if Blizzard setup Blightcaller with something equivalent on the Alliance side (like something up at the High Elf village) for Alliance to defend.  Atleast we can do defense/offense against the two Barovs, but having only the Alliance do Offense and the Horde only do Defense is just plain silly if you ask me.
[right][snapback]91156[/snapback][/right]
Also, more difficult since BC is out in the middle of the zone, up on a hill, and easily accessible from the road. Strategically, there is no easy way to defend the raid when you could get ambushed from any side, and from within the house. The BC event is a challenge for an organized 20 person raid, toss in half a dozen well played passing Horde and it's a wipe. Taking down Demetria seems easier, but I haven't done it.

I thought this thread was about the weirdest things we've ever seen , really should take this conversation to another thread , I actually thought we would get some fun here , but oh no , lets go off topic and have our own personal conversations .

OK my day went like this , up 7am this morning to get the 4 kids ready for the day ahead , oldest Elinor Arwen who is 12 toddles off to school , my other 3 , Rowena Eowyn 11 and the twins Aredhel Aquene and Rosalynd Aranel , 5 year olds , all have to stay off school today . Why ? well , all have to traipse off to the General hospital for yet another round of Blood letting , Elinor gets away with it , she is like me , has this blood condition I have passed on to her , but its not very serious with either of us , in fact I never knew I had it or even existed until I passed it on to all 4 children , pfft 1 in 4 chance of passing it on and all 4 get it , what are the odds .
Anyway I digress , well , thats the point of the thread yes ? So we all head off to Newcastle where the twins cry and get extremely upset because they know whats coming , myself and my wife also get upset , because they have gone through so much in those short years , last year Aredhel , actually to the very week , was rushed to hospital , in fact from one to the other , she had a burst appendix but our lovely doctors and nurses did'nt know that , well , exploratory surgery by making a 5" long gash down and around her belly button , just to see what was going on , this after 4 days , we almost lost her 4 days with a burst appendix at 4 year old took a lot out of her , if you see her today she is still thin and not quite well looking , but oh , strayed off topic again . Rowena is able to take the blood letting in her stride , the twins hate it . Well afterwards the blood is tested and we get the results of the bloodcount , poor Aredhel is way below norm again at around 7.1 , I believe Rowena is up around 13 , still low but nowhere near the twins score , Rosalynd is around 9.3 .
So today we are told (we have known the eventual outcome , but not quite as soon) Rowena , you maybe ok until around early 20's or until she decides to have children that her spleen must be removed , she also has gallstones , had them since she was 3 years old . they may even remove her gall bladder too , but the twins , poor things , my heart bleeds for them and if I could take away the pain they go through by dropping dead on the spot right now , I would gladly do so . The twins have until the age of around 7 before it becomes a neccesity to remove their Spleens , oh joy , not . We knew like Rowena it may have to happen , but so soon , today I am sad , sad for everyone who has to suffer sad for myself and what I have unwittingly caused , but most of all sad for my kids and the pain they have had to suffer .
So you see what happens when threads run off topic , you get folk like me boring the hell out of people :)
Take care and more weird moments please .
Take care