Firemaw Down!
The Core took down Firemaw last night in a Tichondrius Horde first. I'm not doing a formal writeup of it, because I didn't get many screenshots, and besides most of the screenshots would be of me peaking around the corner like the first screenshot shown here. It's a long controled fight. Firemaw is often considered a break point in BWL such that a lot of guilds take weeks to learn how to beat him. Having beaten him, however, the fight seems remarkably easy. The hardest part is keeping alert for 15 minutes, because if someone key does something wrong sometime during those 15 minutes, it's game over.

Anyway, here are some pic's (Note: I had to lower my video settings to their lowest level to minimize lag. All of BWL is a major video lag-fest.):

[Image: firemaw1.jpg]

[Image: firemaw2.jpg]

[Image: firemaw3.jpg]

[Image: firemaw4.jpg]
Here are screenshots of the loot, too:

[Image: firemaw5.jpg]

[Image: firemaw6.jpg]
Wow. That Shaman trinket gives Shamans Arcane Power!

Wish I had a trinket that gave ME someone else's 31 point talent. :P
MongoJerry,Oct 3 2005, 01:55 PM Wrote:The Core took down Firemaw last night in a Tichondrius Horde first.
[right][snapback]90857[/snapback][/right]

Congrats!
MongoJerry,Oct 3 2005, 12:55 PM Wrote:The Core took down Firemaw last night in a Tichondrius Horde first.  I'm not doing a formal writeup of it, because I didn't get many screenshots, and besides most of the screenshots would be of me peaking around the corner like the first screenshot shown here.  It's a long controled fight.  Firemaw is often considered a break point in BWL such that a lot of guilds take weeks to learn how to beat him.  Having beaten him, however, the fight seems remarkably easy.  The hardest part is keeping alert for 15 minutes, because if someone key does something wrong sometime during those 15 minutes, it's game over.

Anyway, here are some pic's (Note: I had to lower my video settings to their lowest level to minimize lag.  All of BWL is a major video lag-fest.):

Gratz! Now it's on to the 11-12 pulls and then boss row with Ebonroc, Flamegor, and Chromaggus really close together. I think the reason Firemaw is seen as a "break point" is probably because Ebonroc and Flamegor are similar types of fights (although with their own little twists) but it's still taking us a bit of effort to get them down. It's especially fun when you pull one drake while fighting another (one of our mages did that, oops :P). Good luck to you guys :)

Edit: Don't need to quote images...
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Gratz! :)

We're still struggling with Razorgore :blush:

Edit: BTW, a beautiful BWL Video from the French guild <Empire>.
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=7498
Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.
savaughn,Oct 3 2005, 11:24 AM Wrote:Wow.&nbsp; That Shaman trinket gives Shamans Arcane Power!

Wish I had a trinket that gave ME someone else's 31 point talent.&nbsp; :P
[right][snapback]90876[/snapback][/right]

Pffttt!! The mage one wtfpwns the shaman one. 25% as opposed to 20% dps bonus, with 25% less stuttering.

Grats MJ
MongoJerry,Oct 3 2005, 12:55 PM Wrote:(Note: I had to lower my video settings to their lowest level to minimize lag.&nbsp; All of BWL is a major video lag-fest.)
:( :( :(

I guess I'm going to have to hope Avarice takes longer than I think they will to get to BWL. It may well be the end of my progression. :(
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."