Uber Diablo
Hello,

I had a question about the Uber-Diablo event. I know that selling SOJ triggers him spawning, but has anyone ever worked out the exact details? The counter that appears in the upper corner of the screen ('245 SOJ sold to merchants') is obviously a running total of all the SOJ sold to merchants on whatever server you are on. (Since the server farms that host D2 probably host multiple instances per server, that would explain why the total changes in games you are in, where there is clearly nobody selling SOJ.)

Does selling a single SOJ guaranty that big D will appear? Or, does it simply have a chance to spawn him, and you have to feed huge numbers of SOJ into the grinder to get any real results? The event was created to clear out the huge number of old duped SOJ on the realms, so Blizzard was understandably vague on how many SOJ it takes because they want you to trash as many as possible.

I ask because I found a single SOJ on the ladder, but I don't want to waste it with pointless attempts to summon uber diablo.
"Bestest D2 Rocket Jumper EVER"
Congrats on the find. Use your new SoJ in good health. Don't even think about selling it to a vendor.

For a complete discussion on Uber Diablo, visit The Amazon Basin forums. In the Technical Discussion archive you will find a thread entitled "Diablo Clone Info" which should provide you with the information you're looking for.

(I'm not posting a direct link to that thread because the thread's author specifically requests no direct links.)

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.