Guilded Bug
As some of you know guilded was only updating for me if the person came online after me or changed zones. These messages are actually hidden broadcasts in the avarice channel.

Members who were online when I came online weren't showing. These messages are hidden whispers to you from the clients (one of the big bandwidth cut down measures).

When I started running 40 man raids I moved my whispers out to a lesser used window (it's actually where meat or healerchat or pallychat or whatever lives) so that I wouldn't have as many issues with lost text due to scroll.

Well it turns out guilded doesn't pick up the hidden whispers if they aren't in the same window as other guilded communication (or maybe if they just aren't in the default window).

So if you have that problem change your whisper location. I'm parsing the code to see if I can fix it.

It also turns out this was reported on the official dev forums yesterday so if I would have looked at that before doing all my testing I could have saved myself some time.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I personally have whispers print out in multiple windows so that I will always see them no matter where my focus is. Since these whispers are hidden for guilded maybe you can just leave them active in two windows... not sure how many whispers you usually get and whether this would affect you negatively at all.
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
mjdoom,Sep 29 2005, 12:56 PM Wrote:I personally have whispers print out in multiple windows so that I will always see them no matter where my focus is.  Since these whispers are hidden for guilded maybe you can just leave them active in two windows... not sure how many whispers you usually get and whether this would affect you negatively at all.
[right][snapback]90510[/snapback][/right]

I've thought about it but I basically have the windows set up to maximize information and minimize scroll. They also serve in a fashion so that I know which windows to pay more attention to in combat than others. Whispers in multiple windows would mean more scroll. There are times when leading a raid that I'm in whispers with 8 or more people but since guilded is in a window with only guild and guilded chat as well as the join and leave system messages (general, trade, locak and world def are in the combat log) it might not be so bad to have whispers there as well since guild and guilded chat is the least important chat in a raid.

But regardless I just wanted to let people know about the bug.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.