Terenas - Friday Sept. 30
What should we do this Friday? I know that most in the low 50s don't have their Maraudon teleport rods, so that could be something we could do. However, we have several rods already, so farming the bosses in the second half of Maraudon is an option as well. We need to start prepping for ST soon, and I know that some still need the Ancient Egg quest done, which requires help and is part of ST prep. We might have some members of the guild with lower level characters that need help too.

My personal preference is to doggedly kill the bosses in Maraudon until their spirits are broken and they finally yield the loot I want! (/curses Maraudon bosses) However, I am more than happy to help where needed and will gladly go where the majority decide to go.

Sound off!

Edit: There are plenty of Hinterlands quests with good loot to do while working on the Ancient Egg quest too.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
I still need to almost all of the Maradon quests. So my preference is to do all of Maradon (both the orange and purple sides)
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
I'm open to whatever. I do not have any of the Jintha'Alor stuff done at all and need to get it done sometime.

The quest rewards for Maraudon are still useful to me (although not great), so I would like to do them as well, but no strong preference.

I also am itching to play the I.C.P. but that probably isn't highest priority.

I still need several Hinterlands elite quests done, as well as alot of the Maraudon stuff. I am one who has no rod at this point. I'm open to all ideas. Maraudon, Hinterlands, both, ICP, SFK with lower level guild members, wherever I'm needed. :)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
There is a really nice dagger that Vyletongue drops. Rogoll is itching to take it from him. I don't have the rod, but that doesn't matter to me.

I would also like to do a deadmines run with the Druid.

Of course I am available to help out as needed.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I need to verify I can be there, but after seeing what it takes at level 60 to gain faction for the Dark Iron recipes, I'm strongly considering leaving Conc at 50 just so he can do the rep quests and get there much quicker than someone at 60, which would leave my warlock or rogue to play with the low 50s. He will need help though, because to be able to do the turn-ins, you need to kill a group of 3 elites that I was barely able to solo with the rogue.

It's not like I have a shortage of high level characters to play with =P.

I think the last instance my warlock has been to is RFD, she has been mostly solo. Needs Jintha too. Maraudon or ST would be good.

ST can be done in parts, as the troll and dragon sides are pretty much completely seperate. You really only need one person with the egg to spawn Hakkar. More people with the egg gives more chances at the Hakkar's loot table, and what is a fun event, so maybe not everyone with the egg isn't a terrible thing. Durambar will probably want to do Hakkar repeatedly for Warrior's Embrace:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=5042
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Alram,Sep 27 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:There is a really nice dagger that Vyletongue drops. Rogoll is itching to take it from him.&nbsp; I don't have the rod, but that doesn't matter to me.&nbsp;

I would also like to do a deadmines run with the Druid.

Of course I am available to help out as needed.
[right][snapback]90333[/snapback][/right]
Vyletongue is part of the first half of Maraudon, and one you will kill if you were working on your staff and the quests in that half. Right now, I think we will have 5 that still have interest in that part. VoiceMan, khgerg, vor_lord, you, and I know that Xame hasn't done it though he hasn't posted here yet. The 5 of you will make a fine party, with VoiceMan's pet tanking.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Concillian,Sep 28 2005, 09:07 AM Wrote:I need to verify I can be there, but after seeing what it takes at level 60 to gain faction for the Dark Iron recipes, I'm strongly considering leaving Conc at 50 just so he can do the rep quests and get there much quicker than someone at 60
[right][snapback]90384[/snapback][/right]

I think you can only get 700 rep from the quest in Thorium Point. That will save you 28 turn in's of your choice. Yeah it helps but not that much. The 28 coal is no big deal the 56 incedorsaur scales is about 2 gold or 20 minutes of killing. 280 heavy leather or the 112 iron or kingsblood is the bigger savings. I was still getting the full 100 rep from quest turn ins at L52. I'm not sure what you get for rep from doing the armorsmith turn ins in Gadget though. There is no difference once you get to friendly for the residue turn in rep or any of the turn in's that you can do in BRD. Those turn ins also give you the same rep at L46 as they do at 60. So really you only get there 700 rep faster and if you do the TP quests at 60 you still get 175 rep for them so it isn't even the full 700 rep you save.

Thorium Brotherhood rep sucks at any level.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
If it's maraudon I might actually show up. ST would be good but Jodal doesn't have any significant quests for it yet and is not likely to pick them up since I've been on the TN server.

I'm starting to feel like GG and Treesh with my altitis... at least I can stick to a faction though. B)
Sir_Die_alot,Sep 28 2005, 06:46 PM Wrote:I'm starting to feel like GG and Treesh with my altitis... at least I can stick to a faction though.&nbsp; B)
[right][snapback]90452[/snapback][/right]
Quiet you! :D

I'll be there with someone, whatever we end up doing. I'd prefer to do something with Mogo, but I do have people who need Wailing Caverns or Ragefire Chasm or even (if I recall correctly, but I could be wrong on that one) Razorfen Downs so whatever we decide to do, I'm there. :)
Intolerant monkey.
I'm sure Rogoll would love the Albino Crocscale Boots that Rotgrip drops. They're about the best boots you can get all the way up to Shadowcraft boots or Pads of the Dreadwolf. Of course Mongoose boots are alwasy good too if anyone on the server can make them or if you can afford them ;)

Gorthael,Sep 29 2005, 10:53 AM Wrote:I'm sure Rogoll would love the Albino Crocscale Boots that Rotgrip drops.&nbsp; They're about the best boots you can get all the way up to Shadowcraft boots or Pads&nbsp; of the Dreadwolf.&nbsp; Of course Mongoose boots are alwasy good too if anyone on the server can make them or if you can afford them&nbsp; ;)
[right][snapback]90509[/snapback][/right]

*notices Gorthael de-lurking*

*waves*
So this seems as good a place as any to inform people that Necrali has been reborn. She has repented of her evil shadow ways, but perhaps not entirely or permanently.

At level 50 I have 41 talent points to spend. I've spent only 24 of them, all in the discipline tree, as these are the things I am set on having. I'm going to play for a while like that and see how badly I miss mind flay and improved shadow word: pain. Depending on how that goes, I'll be either putting 11 in shadow and the rest in holy (will end up being 16), or figuring out how to distribute those extra 11 points between discipline and holy.

I may need some priestly advice if I decide I can live without mind flay. The relative merits of Improved Prayer of Healing, Meditation, and Divine Spirit are still under consideration...
Gorthael,Sep 29 2005, 12:53 PM Wrote:I'm sure Rogoll would love the Albino Crocscale Boots that Rotgrip drops.&nbsp; They're about the best boots you can get all the way up to Shadowcraft boots or Pads&nbsp; of the Dreadwolf.&nbsp; Of course Mongoose boots are alwasy good too if anyone on the server can make them or if you can afford them&nbsp; ;)
[right][snapback]90509[/snapback][/right]
The boots actually dropped for me on my very first run. They are indeed very nice. I still use my former boots for certain occasions as they give a boost to my stealth and my speed--two very handy attributes in War Song Gulch
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
FWIW, I personally use 11 in shadow, 17 in holy and the rest in discipline.

Blackout, SW:P, the 3/5 in the resist reduction and MF

Holy for Renew, +10% heal, subtlety and Imp. Flash... I'm considering the +x% crit instead of renew.

Discipline is mainly Inner Focus and Imp mana burn.

It's okay. I switched much later (58 or 59). I can't imagine leveling solo at 50+ without spirit tap. When I did that push through the last half of 59, it was pretty slow going without spirit tap.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Gnollguy,Sep 28 2005, 09:36 AM Wrote:I think you can only get 700 rep from the quest in Thorium Point.&nbsp; That will save you 28 turn in's of your choice. Yeah it helps but not that much.&nbsp; The 28 coal is no big deal the 56 incedorsaur scales is about 2 gold or 20 minutes of killing.&nbsp; 280 heavy leather or the 112 iron or kingsblood is the bigger savings.&nbsp; I was still getting the full 100 rep from quest turn ins at L52.&nbsp; I'm not sure what you get for rep from doing the armorsmith turn ins in Gadget though.&nbsp; There is no difference once you get to friendly for the residue turn in rep or any of the turn in's that you can do in BRD.&nbsp; Those turn ins also give you the same rep at L46 as they do at 60.&nbsp; So really you only get there 700 rep faster and if you do the TP quests at 60 you still get 175 rep for them so it isn't even the full 700 rep you save.

Thorium Brotherhood rep sucks at any level.
[right][snapback]90405[/snapback][/right]

Wow, that really bites. I would have thought since they were earlier level quests that there would be some bonus for being lower level.

Suckity suck suck.

I got the warlock almost all prepped for ST (except for ancient egg, I have 3 chars who need the ZF part of that still), but the Mara loot is so good we will probably spend time in there. Even my 59 rogue could use those boots. The warlock is mostly dressed in level 40ish blues and greens.
Concillian,Sep 29 2005, 10:15 PM Wrote:FWIW, I personally use 11 in shadow, 17 in holy and the rest in discipline.

Blackout, SW:P, the 3/5 in the resist reduction and MF

Holy for Renew, +10% heal, subtlety and Imp. Flash... I'm considering the +x% crit instead of renew.

Discipline is mainly Inner Focus and Imp mana burn.

It's okay.&nbsp; I switched much later (58 or 59).&nbsp; I can't imagine leveling solo at 50+ without spirit tap.&nbsp; When I did that push through the last half of 59, it was pretty slow going without spirit tap.
[right][snapback]90582[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm, we've had differing experiences with spirit tap. I've found it to be less useful as I've gotten higher in level, not more. I do have very good gear for my level (5300 mana unbuffed, quite high in spirit).

Did some soloing, and learned some things. Took on a level 45 elite (one of the Treants in Feralas) that healed. Without silence or burst damage, I couldn't bring him down. Second try I used mana burn to keep him from healing -- piece of cake. It's a different kettle of fish, that's for sure -- I've only toyed with mana burn before.

Interesting that you didn't choose improved shadow word: pain. With increased reliance on the wand, I really wanted that talent -- almost as much as mind flay.

So my build is now 24 disc (maxed mental strength and inner focus, no imp mana burn as I think that's mostly a PvP talent and I haven't been doing much PvP), 11 shadow (3 spirit tap, 5 blackout, 2 imp SWP, and mind flay) and 6 holy (renew and spiritual healing).

Will be heading for subtlety with my remaining 10 points, and one point left over will probably go into Holy Fire just for something new to play with. With how often Martyrdom triggers and with focused casting on a 1 min cooldown, it seemed improved flash heal was not very important (I took martyrdom and focused casting). Again, more of a PvP talent.

Favorite Disc talents so far: mental strength, mental agility, and martyrdom. It seems about half the time I'll be grinding with the DoT and wand and I get a focused casting trigger. An uninterruptable couple of mind flays without the mana cost of a shield? I'll take that.

We did a princess run before our RFC Insane Cloth Party run last night -- I definitely notice an increase in my capacity as a healer. Right now I'm happy with it. Soloing takes longer but I was never comfortable in shadow form not being able to heal, and I drink less now.

Still have room for another respec (next one will only cost me 10g) and looking at my mana regen rate, divine spirit is beckoning. I naturally regen 66 mana per tick (swapped out some spirit gear recently for int so it's less than it was). With some +10 spirit food, I'm regenning 72. That's quite a boost for a mere 10 spirit.
vor_lord,Sep 30 2005, 08:51 AM Wrote:Still have room for another respec (next one will only cost me 10g) and looking at my mana regen rate, divine spirit is beckoning.&nbsp; I naturally regen 66 mana per tick (swapped out some spirit gear recently for int so it's less than it was).&nbsp; With some +10 spirit food, I'm regenning 72.&nbsp; That's quite a boost for a mere 10 spirit.
[right][snapback]90594[/snapback][/right]
Divine spirit is really noticeable. Aleri doesn't have it, but priests she has raided with do have it and cast it on her. It makes a very noticeable difference in how long I can keep casting so much so that for 5 manning, she always makes sure to have crystal force on her at all times. It's not as good as divine spirit, but it still makes a noticeable difference. If you are debating on getting divine spirit, go ahead and get yourself some crystal force from Un'Goro, play with having a force up and then not having a force up and see if the difference is something that you really want. :)
Intolerant monkey.
vor_lord,Sep 30 2005, 06:51 AM Wrote:Hmmm, we've had differing experiences with spirit tap.&nbsp; I've found it to be less useful as I've gotten higher in level, not more.&nbsp; I do have very good gear for my level (5300 mana unbuffed, quite high in spirit).

Did some soloing, and learned some things.&nbsp; Took on a level 45 elite (one of the Treants in Feralas) that healed.&nbsp; Without silence or burst damage, I couldn't bring him down.&nbsp; Second try I used mana burn to keep him from healing -- piece of cake.&nbsp; It's a different kettle of fish, that's for sure -- I've only toyed with mana burn before.

I took mana burn as a PvP tool. Especially useful against opposing priests and paladins. Dispel, Dispel, (shield if it's a paladin) and mana burn them dry. Priest/priest duels are fun when neither is a shadow priest. They can go on for ages.

The treants I dealt with similarly. Psychic scream to interrupt their heals and mana burn while they're running around.

Quote:Interesting that you didn't choose improved shadow word: pain.&nbsp; With increased reliance on the wand, I really wanted that talent -- almost as much as mind flay.

Improved SW:P is key. Read my post again =)

Quote:Will be heading for subtlety with my remaining 10 points, and one point left over will probably go into Holy Fire just for something new to play with.&nbsp; With how often Martyrdom triggers and with focused casting on a 1 min cooldown, it seemed improved flash heal was not very important (I took martyrdom and focused casting).&nbsp; Again, more of a PvP talent.

Imp. flash heal is another PvP talent. Hunters love to use cats with high attack rate, and they love to sick them on priests. They don't usually do so much damage that you really have to worry about it (unless you see them get puffy and red like Meowry does,) but they do interrupt healing quite a bit.

It also helps soloing when renew isn't enough (Mostly against elites). It makes casting heals in solo combat significantly more useful than otherwise.

I think you are used to a playstyle where you drink. I was used to a playstyle where I literally never drank (unless playing with Magead). Spirit Tap is critical in that playstyle. I would pull with Smite, Mind Blast, SW:P then wand until pain ran out then either renew and keep wanding or re-apply SW:P, renew and keep wanding (depending on mob health). Earlier I could regen the cost of the initial barrage pretty well, but as you get into the 50s that smite + MB + SW:P gets more mana intensive. Without spirit tap I would have to either cut way back on damage so fights lasted much longer or drink every few mobs, which gets expensive.
Concillian,Sep 30 2005, 04:19 PM Wrote:Improved SW:P is key.&nbsp; Read my post again =)

*smacks self*

Apparently I can't read...