Onyxia Tonite on Stormrage
Sign up is here. We've had 21 declare interest but are terribly short on all fronts, especially healing and tankage. Please be prepared for a 7:30 start.
Tal,Sep 26 2005, 10:22 AM Wrote:Sign up is here. We've had 21 declare interest but are terribly short on all fronts, especially healing and tankage. Please be prepared for a 7:30 start.
[right][snapback]90177[/snapback][/right]

99% sure I should be there tonight. However, I may not make it on until 7:30 exactly.
Tal,Sep 26 2005, 07:22 AM Wrote:Sign up is here. We've had 21 declare interest but are terribly short on all fronts, especially healing and tankage. Please be prepared for a 7:30 start.
[right][snapback]90177[/snapback][/right]

And down...but no buff... :(
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Sep 26 2005, 08:32 PM Wrote:And down...
[right][snapback]90254[/snapback][/right]
Last night's fight proved to me something that I had suspected for a while. Entirely too much guilt has been laid on people who get punted into the egg pits. If The Lady wants to put you in the pit she will. Last night, I was where I was supposed to be, in the northeast corner against the wall. She got turned a bit and moved over our way. I seemed to have nowhere to go that wasn't more dangerous. Rather than tail swiping me, she must have swatted me. I found myself flying up along the wall and I caught the inside of the southern lip of the pit wall, much like a Tiger Woods winning putt. I ended up next to an egg. It popped, chaining several others and I died almost immediately. The whelps then headed out (and were handled very well, BTW!). Someone else got swatted there after me and lived because the eggs were gone. They did, however, come back very quickly.

My point? The only way we can prevent a pit landing is to be sure we allow our tanks to keep her welded to them so they can keep her centered facing the north sweet spot and the rest of us can stay to her sides and away from her tail and paws. If she moves, it is very likely we will see someone take flight. I have, in past fights, seen toons launched from up near the melee area, over my head standing at the side, to land in the pit. If she is given the opportunity, she will use it. Even people positioned "perfectly" are potential footballs.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:I found myself flying up along the wall and I caught the inside of the southern lip of the pit wall, much like a Tiger Woods winning putt.

Great line. :lol:

Yeah, pit drops are going to happen - it's a matter of being ready for them, which is easier said than done in the confusion of fears and the tanks wrestling Onyxia back into position. If she teleports you right to her, you're right in position for her to punt you into the pits thereafter...

But woot! Onyxia victories are all the sweeter now because we still have to fight for them, rather than taking them for granted. Congrats to all involved!