Torchlight
Just in case anyone is interested, Runic games has put up a website for Torchlight

http://www.torchlightgame.com/

It's a casual fate-ish/diablo ARPG which should come out in single player later this year and in MMOish form at some undetermined time after that. It's made by the same group that was working on Mythos while Hellgate:London burned, including the Schaefer brothers from the original Diablo and Matt Uelman of Tristram guitar music fame, of all people, and led by Travis Baldree, who made Fate while Wild Tangent was installing itself on our computers without our explicit permission, and whom Flagship Studio's hired to make Mythos in what at the time seemed like a bizarre thing to do but in retrospect may have been one of their few good decisions. Anyway, just in case anyone is interested, or not, as the case may be.
I've been following it for a while now.

The SP is what has me interested, mainly due to the modding tools and what is possible to do.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Quote:The SP is what has me interested, mainly due to the modding tools and what is possible to do.

Yes, I forgot to mention that --- seems like they are releasing all their own tools and making it as easy to mod as possible, just not in multiplayer though, which is understandable but too bad. I also don't know how well the microtransaction financial model for multiplayer Torchlight will work. Seems like online games --- except WoW --- are still struggling to find workable good ways to make money. It will be interesting to see what DIII does there.

Runic is actualy much better off using the OGRE graphics engine they licensed instead of taking what Flagship was trying to put together for Hellgate and convert it to Mythos, so in the long run Flagship's demise may've been a good thing for the Torchlight version of Mythos.

p.s. Forgot to mention that Peter Hu from DII LoD is also working for Runic Games.