savage/heavens or merciless/heavens
I bought the great merciless heavens bow some time ago on a long bow variant which isnt the best i think but i only find it useful as a prestige symbol
My savage/heavens lwb does quite more damage and is so more effective
is there any use for a merciless/heavens or did i only got bad stats on it
I thought i found a real good bow but it just frustrates me
Best Merciless/Heavens you can get is Short War Bow form, but only with +12 all and about +161% DMG.
I bought it (Not full. IIRC It had +153% DMG) and few of my friends too, so it wouldnt be "impossible" to buy.

Its also possible to buy Merciless/Heavens LBB (with full stats), but good Savage/Heavens LWB will be allways better than any of Merciless/Heavens bow (unless youre very young rogue demanding stunlock DMG in all your DMG spectrum :D )
What is the best bow for a rogue? or if there is none the top 2 or 3

:-) Or is this all opional?

Sekel,Sep 20 2005, 10:50 AM Wrote:Best Merciless/Heavens you can get is Short War Bow form, but only with +12 all and about +161% DMG.
I bought it (Not full. IIRC It had +153% DMG) and few of my friends too, so it wouldnt be "impossible" to buy.

Its also possible to buy Merciless/Heavens LBB (with full stats), but good Savage/Heavens LWB will be allways better than any of Merciless/Heavens bow (unless youre very young rogue demanding stunlock DMG in all your DMG spectrum :D )
[right][snapback]89736[/snapback][/right]
Bow comparison...

You might check out this bow comparison page.

http://www.claudiospage.com/bow.htm

And read the rest of the site, too. All useful information.

Attika
Attika,Sep 20 2005, 03:26 PM Wrote:Bow comparison...

You might check out this bow comparison page.

http://www.claudiospage.com/bow.htm

And read the rest of the site, too.  All useful information.

Attika
[right][snapback]89754[/snapback][/right]
best bow is a warrior's swift, or a massive swift. both can be found. war/swift can be got in cats and caves, mass/swift can be got only in caves. hard as hell to find but absolutly worth it. now to get one you may make over 100 cat/caves runs to find.
now as to other tastes. i know of a few good rogues who prefer emerald bows. a merc/thunder though is always fun
Best I've ever found, as far as swiftness bows go, in thousands of shopping trips at the correct level was massive CB of swiftness, a warriors LWB of swiftness, and heavy LWB of swiftness. I've never seen a massive LWB of swiftness.
[Image: harlequin2.jpg]
Lunan,Sep 23 2005, 11:22 PM Wrote:best bow is a warrior's swift, or a massive swift. both can be found. war/swift can be got in cats and caves, mass/swift can be got only in caves. hard as hell to find but absolutly worth it. now to get one you may make over 100 cat/caves runs to find.
now as to other tastes. i know of a few good rogues who prefer emerald bows. a merc/thunder though is always fun
[right][snapback]90067[/snapback][/right]

The bow you use depends on how you want to play your char.
/\ indeed, my favourite right now is vicious/swiftness by lack of anything better than vicious, imho it beats heavens bows easily, though as said on that Claudio page, Emerald bows can be become pretty useful on l35 and up, since you'll be dealing quite a lot of damage anyway and rogues can have trouble reaching max all in resistance (another debate is whether thats really necessary...)
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log
[quote=Toverkol,Sep 25 2005, 01:21 PM]
/\ indeed, my favourite right now is vicious/swiftness by lack of anything better than vicious, imho it beats heavens bows easily, though as said on that Claudio page, Emerald bows can be become pretty useful on l35 and up, since you'll be dealing quite a lot of damage anyway and rogues can have trouble reaching max all in resistance (another debate is whether thats really necessary...)
[right][snapback]90130[/snapback][/right]
[/q

IMHO the emerald bow ,of whatever suffix is a bow rogue choice.
where to found a emerald bow of whatever
I never really found/bought one
they must be very rare
danifilth,Sep 28 2005, 09:35 AM Wrote:where to found a emerald bow of whatever
I never really found/bought one
they must be very rare
[right][snapback]90373[/snapback][/right]

They are indeed very rare. about 1 in 16200 games. They can be dropped by uniques
in hell, or by gorash. I have never seen one for sale. The benifit of course is the high resist factor freeing up a slot for mana jewels.A middle lvl char may find a plus dmg bow more useful, but at high lvls the resist capabilities combined with your experiance make them very desirable.
Quote:They can be dropped by uniques in hell, or by gorash.

Last I checked, Sir Gorash *was* a Unique in Hell. ;)

Anyway, the full list of Unique monsters capable of dropping Emerald prefixed items are:

Stareye the Witch (Dlvl 14)
Steelskull the Hunter (Dlvl 14)
Bloodlust (Dlvl 15)
Blackjade (Dlvl 15)
Red Vex (Dlvl 15)
Arch-Bishop Lazarus (Dlvl 15)
Sir Gorash (Dlvl 16)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
In my 'Diablo career' i have found two emerald/heavens bows :). I gave the one with worse stats to some newbie :). Second one is my Emerald LBB of Heavens +45%/+15. The best item i have ever found imo :).
I don't know how to attach it but I screenshoted a picture just for fun of an item I was offered from Wirt one day.

Emerald Short bow of the Heavens
Resist all 44%, +15 to all attributes price tag was 132480

Necrotising(BD),Sep 28 2005, 06:07 PM Wrote:In my 'Diablo career' i have found two emerald/heavens bows :). I gave the one with worse stats to some newbie :). Second one is my Emerald LBB of Heavens +45%/+15. The best item i have ever found imo :).
[right][snapback]90420[/snapback][/right]
Quote:I don't know how to attach it but I screenshoted a picture just for fun of an item I was offered from Wirt one day.

First, the image must have a URL. You cannot attach an image from your computer.

To then add the image to your post, you enclose the URL in [1MG][/1MG] tags (with the 1's replaced with I's).

-W.C. Fields

Good information. What creation level is Obsedian and Zodiac? What Dlvl is a Soul Burner and Hellspawns?

I want to be able to know what monsters are able to drop Awesome Full Plates with a suffix to. Thanks. Or at least where to look for this information in Jarulf's guide.

LennyLen,Sep 28 2005, 05:51 PM Wrote:Last I checked, Sir Gorash *was* a Unique in Hell. ;)

Anyway, the full list of Unique monsters capable of dropping Emerald prefixed items are:

Bloodlust (Dlvl 15)
Blackjade (Dlvl 15)
Red Vex (Dlvl 15)
Sir Gorash (Dlvl 16)
[right][snapback]90415[/snapback][/right]
Quote:Or at least where to look for this information in Jarulf's guide.

Here is what you need to know to get the answers yourself:

For Base Items

When dropped by ordinary monsters, the monsters' mlvl must be greater than or equal to the qlvl of the base item. The same applies for unique monsters, however you need to use the mlvl-battle value.

For Prefixes and Suffixes

When dropped by ordinary monsters, the monsters' mlvl must be greater than or equal to the qlvl of the affix, but must not be more than double the qlvl value. The same applies for unique monsters, but instead use the value (mlvl-item + 4).

For Unique Items

When dropped by ordinary monsters, the monsters' mlvl must be greater than or equal to the qlvl of the Unique modifier. The same applies for unique monsters, but you must again use the value (mlvl-item + 4).

This information is from JG Chapter 3.8 - Item creation in dungeon. This chapter also contains information about the rules governing what combinations of prefixes and suffixes can be combined on an item (Alternately, you can download LICK from my site here which will tell you if affixes can be combined on a given base item - note though that sometimes the results it gives about where an item can be loctaed are a bit buggy).

The information about monster mlvls is in Chapter 5.2.
The information about unique monster mlvls is in Chapter 5.4
The information about base item qlvls is in Chapter 3.1
The information about prefix and suffix qlvls is in Chapter 3.4
The information about unique item qlvls is in Chapter 3.5

-W.C. Fields
LennyLen, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you very much =) I got this program up and running and now I'm going to have fun using it.
thank yoU!

Okay wait, it keeps telling me the item is a valid item, and can be dropped on lvl 16 on normal at the earlist for everything. I will keep looking into this though.

LennyLen,Sep 28 2005, 10:50 PM Wrote:Here is what you need to know to get the answers yourself:

For Base Items

When dropped by ordinary monsters, the monsters' mlvl must be greater than or equal to the qlvl of the base item.  The same applies for unique monsters, however you need to use the mlvl-battle value.

For Prefixes and Suffixes

When dropped by ordinary monsters, the monsters' mlvl must be greater than or equal to the qlvl of the affix, but must not be more than double the qlvl value.  The same applies for unique monsters, but instead use the value (mlvl-item + 4).

For Unique Items

When dropped by ordinary monsters, the monsters' mlvl must be greater than or equal to the qlvl of the Unique modifier.  The same applies for unique monsters, but you must again use the value (mlvl-item + 4).

This information is from JG Chapter 3.8 - Item creation in dungeon.  This chapter also contains information about the rules governing what combinations of prefixes and suffixes can be combined on an item (Alternately, you can download LICK from my site here which will tell you if affixes can be combined on a given base item - note though that sometimes the results it gives about where an item can be loctaed are a bit buggy).

The information about monster mlvls is in Chapter 5.2. 
The information about unique monster mlvls is in Chapter 5.4
The information about base item qlvls is in Chapter 3.1
The information about prefix and suffix qlvls is in Chapter 3.4
The information about unique item qlvls is in Chapter 3.5
[right][snapback]90451[/snapback][/right]
Quote:Okay wait, it keeps telling me the item is a valid item, and can be dropped on lvl 16 on normal at the earlist for everything. I will keep looking into this though.

Yeah, unfortunately there was a bug in that part of the code. Even more unfortunately my HD died and took all my source code for LICK along with it and I never got around to rewriting it.

All the information it gives about what affixes and base items can go together is correct however, as is the information about what mlvl monsters and unique monsters will need to be to drop the item. If you then want to know what dlvls it will appear on just look in sections 5.2 and 5.4 of JG to find the earliest dlvl a monster of that mlvl will appear on.

-W.C. Fields
Quote:Last I checked, Sir Gorash *was* a Unique in Hell.;)

Bloodlust (Dlvl 15)
Blackjade (Dlvl 15)
Red Vex (Dlvl 15)
Sir Gorash (Dlvl 16)

That is not complete. The full list includes Graywar, Dreadjudge, and the Vizier.