The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Sep 19 2005, 10:39 AM Wrote:AAAAAAAAARGH ye swabs!

AAAAAAAAARGH!
[right][snapback]89668[/snapback][/right]

Yargh! Ye beat me to it!
WWBBD?
There's but one thing to say about this:

Chu-ban!
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Sep 19 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:There's but one thing to say about this:
Chu-ban!
[right][snapback]89675[/snapback][/right]

Have you played Sid Meier's "Pirates" for the PC?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Sep 19 2005, 08:32 AM Wrote:Have you played Sid Meier's "Pirates" for the PC?

Occhi
[right][snapback]89678[/snapback][/right]
Played? As in the past tense? ;) Right now, I' playing as a Dutch captain who will not seek any promotion from other nations, thus will have to pay for repair and unpgrades in foreign ports (and being Dutch, that means most ports on the map are foreign).

Largest bounty the Spanish have ever put on my head: 380,000 gold pieces (and this was after I ranked in as a Spanish Duke). It's what you get when you roll over every port of call on the Spanish Main— two or three times. I sacked Havana four times in a row before the plunder dropped below 5,000 gold pieces in an attack.

The best hunting ground for French treasure ships is the Windward Passage, the west coast of Hispaniola. The Port de Paix—Tortuga—Leogane—Petit Goave trade chain sets that up pretty well. One time I nailed four French treasure ships in the course of a week, right in those grounds.

My favorite boat— the Brigs (which means I opt for the biggest version, the 32-gun Brig of War). More cargo space and guns than the Sloops, more manueverable rigging than the Men-o'-War (Frigate, Large Frigate, Ship-of-the-Line). Her weakness is her inability to withstand damge, especially when raked. But the ability to haul close to the eye of the wind, coupled with some impressive firepower, rewards the cap'n who can keep his distance and evade incoming fire while sniping the enemy at range.

And on a final note, the French daughters are the most beautiful (even the plain daughters could beat some of the other nations' attarctive daughters) but there's something to be said about that one Dutch gal who doesn't dress like a milkmaid.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Sep 19 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:Played? As in the past tense?  ;)  Right now, I' playing as a Dutch captain who will . . . 
[right][snapback]89692[/snapback][/right]

PC or console? I am considering it for my son.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Sep 19 2005, 11:44 AM Wrote:PC or console?  I am considering it for my son.

Occhi
[right][snapback]89697[/snapback][/right]
PC.

The game is relatively safe for the younger crowd. No blood, no one dies, yet there's still enough violence to make it halfway enjoyable. ;)

They should have made the capture of ships more difficult, though. The great appeal of it for me is the kill/reward of fighting for a bigger, better ship. Once you get that dream boat, though, you'll just chug through the opposition like crazy.

The player variants I've seen are the ones that limit you to fighting and plundering in the godawful cargo hulls.
Also XBox.

But why would we even want to consider that version, eh?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I'm going to start using these treasures everyday:

Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day

(We came up with these in an effort to interest The Other Dave (Letterman) in TLAPD. His staff liked 'em, but alas, his show was"dark" the week of Sept. 19.)

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?

8. Come on up and see me urchins.

7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.

6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.

5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?

4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?

3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.

2. Well blow me down?

And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …

1. Prepare to be boarded.

#4 is definitely a keeper. :D
Signature? What do you mean?
Any1,Sep 19 2005, 07:27 PM Wrote:I'm going to start using these treasures everyday:

Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day

(We came up with these in an effort to interest The Other Dave (Letterman) in TLAPD. His staff liked 'em, but alas, his show was"dark" the week of Sept. 19.)

#4 is definitely a keeper.  :D
[right][snapback]89716[/snapback][/right]
:o :lol:
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Should have told Kappa Psi about this.

"Pirate Night" would have beaten "70s Night" all hollow.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!