User Posted Image
As the subtitle suggests...
[Image: evil9.gif]
Sometimes he works, sometimes he doesn't. I can post something, see that he's working in my sig, edit the post, and be greeted by a Red X o'Doom when I finish editing.

EDIT: Like now. I wrote the post. He was working. I edited the post. He was replaced by the RXo'D. I accidentally hit "Reply" when I was aiming for "Edit". He was working again. I backed out of "Reply" and went to "Edit". As far as I can tell, he's still working. I have no idea if he'll still work when I'm done editing this time.

EDIT AGAIN: He wasn't. And as far as I can tell, refreshing the page does nothing. Leaving the page and coming back sometimes does.

What gives?
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
I don't get it. You're talking about a smiley that comes from an external source, namely "i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/emoticons/evilgrin/evil9.gif". I don't have control of whether or not that will appear...

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Sep 17 2005, 01:23 PM Wrote:I don't get it.  You're talking about a smiley that comes from an external source, namely "i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/emoticons/evilgrin/evil9.gif".  I don't have control of whether or not that will appear...

-Bolty
[right][snapback]89513[/snapback][/right]

Just to elaborate on this, you are trying to leech an image from imdb.com. Unless the people running imdb.com are incredibly stupid, they have configured their website to not allow this. Why should imdb.com pay the bandwidth fees for one of their images to appear here?

If you really want the image to appear here, you'll either have to save it and upload it to a free image hosting service or use your own webspace. I've ranted about the dangers of hotlinking images from external sources ("leeching") in the past.

(I apologise if I sounded rude here. I just don't know a polite way to say what i just said)

Bolty, have you given thought to a lounge image uploader? I don't know how much bandwidth you are allotted or if you have any extra to spare for such a utility, but if you modified your .htaccess file to not allow offsite leechers (which I'm sure you've done already) it might not be that big of a bandwidth hit. You could even configure it to not show lounge hosted images in the forums to unregistered members to save bandwidth.
DeeBye,Sep 18 2005, 05:08 AM Wrote:Bolty, have you given thought to a lounge image uploader?  I don't know how much bandwidth you are allotted or if you have any extra to spare for such a utility, but if you modified your .htaccess file to not allow offsite leechers (which I'm sure you've done already) it might not be that big of a bandwidth hit.  You could even configure it to not show lounge hosted images in the forums to unregistered members to save bandwidth.
[right][snapback]89539[/snapback][/right]
To save Bolty a headache i propose using imageshack.us
[Image: evil96gi.gif]This is the gif, the poster was talking about :)