Starting fresh
Hoyo Lurkers!

I will soon be renewing my subscription to WoW, and I've decided that I want to join the capped players on either Tichondrius or Stormrage. Until now, I've played on a variety of servers, spreading myself thinly, reaching the lofty height of level 30 on Malygos.

However, leveling up all the way solo, with whatever Lurkers are within my level range or with pick-up groups is rather unappealing. What I propose is that four other members join me, forming an instance worthy group.

At the start, we would commit to a date two weeks later to attempt either Rage Fire Chasm or the Deadmines, having previously aquired all the quests involved. In one sweep, we would finish all the quests and explore the instance, and then prepare for the next instance, scheduled for the next meeting.

In this fashion, there isn't an undue amount of pressure on leveling up together. All that really matters is that you come with all the quests and at a decent level on the appointed day.

I personnaly want to see all the instances with a friendly group that isn't in a hurry. This is also an opportunity for those already at the cap to make an alt and have a fun way of progressing.

Of course, there is the question of group make-up. I'm willing to fill any roll, but I'm also interested in your opinions on what character classes would work well for this kind of game play.

Peace

Edit: Terenas?
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Sheep,Sep 12 2005, 03:01 PM Wrote:I personnaly want to see all the instances with a friendly group that isn't in a hurry. This is also an opportunity for those already at the cap to make an alt and have a fun way of progressing.
[right][snapback]88910[/snapback][/right]

Hi Sheep! I once grouped with you on Tichondrius in Durotar -- we beat up on Fizzle if I recall correctly.

I just want to add my two cents here. What you've described is what I've done since launch. We had five people start at launch, with instance runs every Friday night. After reaching 60 and not finding enough quality people to group with, we rerolled on Terenas and are now nearly level 50 there.

One thing that helped a lot is to keep at very similar levels. As you become more and more experienced this becomes more important to keep things lively and challenging. This has meant that some with more time to play have had plenty of time to play alts (which I think is healthy).

Since joining with the Lurkers guild on Terenas, we now have about 10 show up every Friday. This includes our original five, plus some older Terenas regulars. I've enjoyed having a bigger pool of players (it helps a lot that the Lurkers on Terenas are great to group with).

The last week or so we've seen a bunch of new people start on our server, all pretty low level. To date they've not been so organized but perhaps some would be interested in your proposal (if you're open to playing on Terenas).

I'd recommend it to anyone -- it's really helped make the game knowing you have a well-formed well-played group to experience all the instances with. The Friday night we've been doing has worked well as it doesn't conflict with the raiding schedule on Stormrage (come on people from Stormrage, now's the time to try out the other side!).We've since added to our numbers on Terenas.

Several of us are also starting new alts to help our later arrivals on the server with instance groups in particular, but there is no substitute for having a regular group on a schedule.
We did indeed smack Fizzle fairly hard. Thanks for the help with macros!

I'm also looking for input on which classes, besides the warrior and priest, are considered optimal. Are the two mentionned necessary?

I agree with the importance of staying close in level. That's the main reason I want to make sure everyone comes prepared for the instance. If need be, I'd be willing to wait for a member of the group to deal with Real Life Issues so that they wouldn't lag behind.

Are you, vor_lord, interested in being one of the five?

Love
I second the invitation to Terenas. I have been active there since the evening the guild was formed, and today participated in a RFC run. I think you might find some semblance of what you are looking for on Terenas.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Sheep,Sep 12 2005, 07:55 PM Wrote:We did indeed smack Fizzle fairly hard. Thanks for the help with macros!

I'm also looking for input on which classes, besides the warrior and priest, are considered optimal. Are the two mentionned necessary?

A warrior is not necessary until very late in the game. A priest also is not necessary until very late in the game. You can get by with offtanks and secondary healers, and druids can be fine primary healers in the place of a priest.

It does, however, make things easier to have a good warrior and a primary healer to be the core of a group. If you have a druid as healer, just consider also having a shaman so you have resurrection in the party (druid combat rez is great but only get one per 30 min).

Quote:Are you, vor_lord, interested in being one of the five?
[right][snapback]88939[/snapback][/right]

I've already got a regular commitment along those lines and my time won't allow another. Otherwise I'd be all over it as I think it's a great way to play the game. You might create a character on Terenas and ask some of the folks in guild chat to gauge interest. My new level 6 mage Grimlurker and his clone buddies will be around however to fill in and possibly group for regular quests with you.
I'd be interested in joining up, Thinking of doing a Druid.
[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa
EspyLacopa,Sep 13 2005, 07:34 AM Wrote:I'd be interested in joining up,  Thinking of doing a Druid.
[right][snapback]88962[/snapback][/right]

Had a ball running RFC last night with the druid brothers and crew. However, I'll probably only be on Terenas regularly a couple nights, maybe three, a week, with the rest of the time spent on Uldum with my (not mine as in I'm GM, that's Cyradis) guild on Uldum.

--Mav
Sheep,Sep 12 2005, 05:01 PM Wrote:Hoyo Lurkers!

I will soon be renewing my subscription to WoW, and I've decided that I want to join the capped players on either Tichondrius or Stormrage. Until now, I've played on a variety of servers, spreading myself thinly, reaching the lofty height of level 30 on Malygos.

However, leveling up all the way solo, with whatever Lurkers are within my level range or with pick-up groups is rather unappealing. What I propose is that four other members join me, forming an instance worthy group.

At the start, we would commit to a date two weeks later to attempt either Rage Fire Chasm or the Deadmines, having previously aquired all the quests involved. In one sweep, we would finish all the quests and explore the instance, and then prepare for the next instance, scheduled for the next meeting.

In this fashion, there isn't an undue amount of pressure on leveling up together. All that really matters is that you come with all the quests and at a decent level on the appointed day.

I personnaly want to see all the instances with a friendly group that isn't in a hurry. This is also an opportunity for those already at the cap to make an alt and have a fun way of progressing.

Of course, there is the question of group make-up. I'm willing to fill any roll, but I'm also interested in your opinions on what character classes would work well for this kind of game play.

Peace

Edit: Terenas?
[right][snapback]88910[/snapback][/right]

I would like to Third the invitation to Terenas. I started playing the game in mid July, and have a hunter up to nearly 50 now, and I'm part of the newer group with Vor-Lord. I currenlty have a 17 druid, and a 15 warlock, as well as a 6 warlock (part of the Insane Cloth Party quintuplets). Judging by how many new Lurkers we have on Terenas, there seems to me to be quite a good chance at being able to get a regular group together. I'm available and willing and interested in grouping up most evenings, depending on guild need. So, we'd be glad to have you on Terenas. FOR THE HORDE! :P

VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Well, there's been quite a lot of Terenas pimping going on already in here, but I thought I'd add my thoughts on our little community there.

We have a pack (10-12) of players of level 40s to 50s, a few in the high 50s and one level 60. Those with the highest levels have several alts. We also have a handful of fairly new players in teens to mid 20s.

I realize your goal is to see the endgame content with capped characters, and most (not sure about all) of us on Terenas are currently working on that same goal. There is also room to make a major contribution to the guild come endgame.

We have several VERY new players in the guild who may be very interested in your type of grouping. I happen to think your idea of grouping with an organized, regular party is the best type of grouping. I have been a part of the same group that vor_lord is in. I think your idea is a great one, and I'd like to see you find 3 (EspyLacopa has already chimed in to be a regular) more like minded people who aren't currently commited to a similar party. However, I do have several alts and will help out whenever I can. That's not as good as a regular 5, but it's the next best thing. Ideally, you find your regular group, and those of us on Terenas can fill in holes when Real Life prevents someone from making your scheduled night.

Our guild has several people (4-8) on nearly every evening/night, with more (10-14) showing up on Fridays. I second the motion of creating a character on Terenas, joining the lurkers channel so we can get you in the guild and you can discuss your idea there with some who might be slower on finding this thread.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
EspyLacopa,Sep 13 2005, 12:34 PM Wrote:I'd be interested in joining up,&nbsp; Thinking of doing a Druid.
[right][snapback]88962[/snapback][/right]

Two down, three to go!

Happiness