New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes
Farrakhan has been running his fat mouth saying that the levees were blown up so that the black parts of the city would flood so the white parts could be saved.

You know, I already have a rifle and a bullet selected that would SHUT HIS BIG FAT PIE HOLE!

I need an ANGRY smiley. All red and shaking with fury.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Ghostiger,Sep 14 2005, 05:45 AM Wrote:I was going to disect your post to show the lack of substance.

But I cant.
Its like trying to perform a quality inspection on a building - where all the bricks are made of jello.
[right][snapback]89023[/snapback][/right]

I need the url to your comment generator :P
Ghostiger,Sep 13 2005, 06:41 AM Wrote:I bet they dont have many friends.
[right][snapback]88879[/snapback][/right]

Quote of the week!
Doc,Sep 13 2005, 11:38 PM Wrote:I need an ANGRY smiley. All red and shaking with fury.
[right][snapback]89145[/snapback][/right]
[Image: 36_1_29.gif]Will this do?
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Lady Vashj,Sep 14 2005, 07:11 AM Wrote:[Image: 36_1_29.gif]Will this do?
[right][snapback]89176[/snapback][/right]

That'll do.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Lady Vashj,Sep 13 2005, 07:56 PM Wrote:And I daresay we'll find out that most of them are raw, untreated bull$#!7.  But we have a duty to ourselves and others to learn what we can.

The truth is out there.
[right][snapback]89131[/snapback][/right]

I'll offer that your guess confirms some of what I have been looking into lately. Conspiracy theories get a lot of covereage, but once critical analysis is applied, some, rather most, whither quickly, and some just look poorly founded. Others are, as you say, pure moonshine.

The question I keep asking myself is "Why do they proliferate, and why to the accrue and get so much paid air time?" Crackpot or not, what is the purpose of continuing to give pure BS so much attention? What is it misdirection for? Is the the relationship serendipitous, or is there an underlying, subtle theme? I don't have an answer as of now. I may never have one.

You know, the magician on stage uses misdirection to perform his magic tricks. So do a variety of actors on and behind the political stage.

Put a different way, from "The Usual Suspects" (not word for word)

"The best move the Devil ever made was convincing most people that he didn't exist."

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Sep 14 2005, 07:06 AM Wrote:The question I keep asking myself is "Why do they proliferate, and why to the accrue and get so much paid air time?"  Crackpot or not, what is the purpose of continuing to give pure BS so much attention?  What is it misdirection for?  Is the the relationship serendipitous, or is there an underlying, subtle theme?  I don't have an answer as of now.  I may never have one.
[right][snapback]89195[/snapback][/right]

Because as the human animal with the capacity for reason we have to find the reason for everything. There has to be someone to blame for everything. Whether it's God, Mother Nature, The President, or some little rat in a lab coat we will find the truth! :)
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Sep 14 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:Because as the human animal with the capacity for reason we have to find the reason for everything.  There has to be someone to blame for everything.  Whether it's God, Mother Nature, The President, or some little rat in a lab coat we will find the truth! :)
[right][snapback]89202[/snapback][/right]

Truth is rather elusive. Maybe we can peel a different layer off of the onion. Given the consolidation of media organs, and who the managing directors are, I think the problem of "state controlled media" pale when compared to "aristocracy of the rich" controlled media. There are no moral, and no effective legal, safeguards against explicit falsehood. At least, not in America.

The ease with which the lie passes the lip is appalling at present, and the blitheness with which lies are not condemned moreso.

Slander and libel laws either need to be taken off the books for the farce that they are, or they need to be enforced with rigor.

Free speech and free press are only of any worth if the core assumption AND practice is that the free speech protected is truthful speech. Even uncomfortable, truthful speech, all you useless PC morons out there in the audience, should be protected, while the lie -- that is what a euphamism is, a lie -- of PC needs to lose any privileged status.

Sorry, I will leave you all for a few more days, I am just too mad right now. :(

Occhi

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Sep 14 2005, 10:47 AM Wrote:Truth is rather elusive.  Maybe we can peel a different layer off of the onion.  Given the consolidation of media organs, and who the managing directors are, I think the problem of "state controlled media" pale when compared to "aristocracy of the rich" controlled media.  There are no moral, and no effective legal, safeguards against explicit falsehood.  At least, not in America.

The ease with which the lie passes the lip is appalling at present, and the blitheness with which lies are not condemned moreso.

Slander and libel laws either need to be taken off the books for the farce that they are, or they need to be enforced with rigor.

Free speech and free press are only of any worth if the core assumption AND practice is that the free speech protected is truthful speech.  Even uncomfortable, truthful speech, all you useless PC morons out there in the audience, should be protected, while the lie -- that is what a euphamism is, a lie -- of PC needs to lose any privileged status.

Sorry, I will leave you all for a few more days, I am just too mad right now.  :(

Occhi
[right][snapback]89206[/snapback][/right]

Why so angry? Cheer up chum.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Occhidiangela,Sep 14 2005, 11:47 AM Wrote:Truth is rather elusive.
Not only that, it's entirely different to different people. To me, my chemistry instructor is a narrow-minded nitpicker. To him, I'm most likely a know-it-all who thinks rules are for other people.
Quote: Slander and libel laws either need to be taken off the books for the farce that they are, or they need to be enforced with rigor.
I vote "enforced with rigor". If I went public saying that the secret ingredient in Coca-Cola is rat pee, I think that Coca-Cola Co. would have every right to sue.

Unless the secret ingredient in Coca-Cola is in fact rat pee.
Quote: Free speech and free press are only of any worth if the core assumption AND practice is that the free speech protected is truthful speech.  Even uncomfortable, truthful speech, all you useless PC morons out there in the audience, should be protected, while the lie -- that is what a euphamism is, a lie -- of PC needs to lose any privileged status.
That would be nice!

As was mentioned on an earlier thread (can't remember which), political correctness is a way for Those In Control to make themselves feel better by being all nice and sensitive and patronizing to Those Being Downtrodden by Those In Control, while still keeping them "in their place".
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Occhidiangela,Sep 14 2005, 09:47 AM Wrote:Truth is rather elusive.  Maybe we can peel a different layer off of the onion.  Given the consolidation of media organs, and who the managing directors are, I think the problem of "state controlled media" pale when compared to "aristocracy of the rich" controlled media.  There are no moral, and no effective legal, safeguards against explicit falsehood.  At least, not in America.

Sorry, I will leave you all for a few more days, I am just too mad right now.  :(

Occhi

Don't wory about him, he's just worried that I'll post those pictures I took of him going into barns in women's bathing suits an lipstck to have some fun with the residents. :)

(Runs away slightly faster than humanly possible with head ducked down)
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Lady Vashj,Sep 14 2005, 10:49 AM Wrote:Not only that, it's entirely different to different people.  To me, my chemistry instructor is a narrow-minded nitpicker.  To him, I'm most likely a know-it-all who thinks rules are for other people.

That's more of an interpretation of the "truth' than the actual "truth". The "truth" is that you write equations in a certain format, or write your equations in a certain order, or whatever you do that you two don't agree on. the "nitpicker" or "rknow-it-all" are just you taking what actually happened and comparing it to other things you see.

Quote:As was mentioned on an earlier thread (can't remember which), political correctness is a way for Those In Control to make themselves feel better by being all nice and sensitive and patronizing to Those Being Downtrodden by Those In Control, while still keeping them "in their place".
[right][snapback]89222[/snapback][/right]

See the "apology" thread.

actually seems more like laziness to me. People decide thery do sort of feel like helping out, but don't really want ot put a lot of work into understanding the problems, or solving them, so change the words around. Eventually euphamisms become a way to be sarcastic and it starts over.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Occhidiangela,Sep 14 2005, 10:06 AM Wrote:Put a different way, from "The Usual Suspects" (not word for word)

"The best move the Devil ever made was convincing most people that he didn't exist."
[right][snapback]89195[/snapback][/right]
[hijack] Great movie! I really need to get it on DVD. It makes me angry when I see how they butcher movies like this for TV. Oh, and the quote, which can be found here along with many others is:

Verbal: The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Verbal: And poof. Just like that, he's gone.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."