Darmok and Jilahd at Tinagra
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/seri...sode/68510.html

DeeBye, with feet erect.
You ok there, Dee? I guess this is *not* the week that you picked to stop sniffing airplane glue....

-A
Ah, good. I feared that I was the only one missing the reference. :huh:

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

It's about a Star Trek NG episode. A race of peole that speak only in metaphores. These metaphores were derived from their own myths, legends, and history so they were incomprehensible to Jean-luc.
Signature? What do you mean?
Any1,Sep 7 2005, 11:42 AM Wrote:It's about a Star Trek NG episode.  A race of peole that speak only in metaphores.  These metaphores were derived from their own myths, legends, and history so they were incomprehensible to Jean-luc.
[right][snapback]88520[/snapback][/right]

Yeh, we know what they are, if not by watching the episode, then by following the link. However, what or where is the point, except that it's DeeBye ;-)

-A

I actually saw this episode on Spike a couple weeks ago. Talk about weird.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Deebye, an Island, falling.
Royal Circlet, a Lazarus run beckons once more.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Sep 7 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:Royal Circlet, a Lazarus run beckons once more.
[right][snapback]88544[/snapback][/right]

Gazing upon a horde of Blood Knights; there must be an ObZod in there somewhere.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
The Middle East, Ashley Judd and Michael Moore.

Name a Mess, a Lass and an Ass.

-C
A Coke, a smile, and Eddie Murphy.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
So, did you pick up Star Trek The Next Generation - The Complete Fifth Season (1992) or did you put out the big bucks for Star Trek The Next Generation - The Complete Seasons 1-7 (1987)?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
DeeBye,Sep 7 2005, 12:46 AM Wrote:http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/seri...sode/68510.html

DeeBye, with feet erect.
[right][snapback]88471[/snapback][/right]

Tal standing in darkness. :w00t:
Man I loved that episode.
It was (to me) way more than just sci-fi shoot/kill/warp! that is sometimes just churned out by the ST genre.

Oh and Riker didn't get to have relations with anyone during an ENTIRE episode. GO PRODUCERS!
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Alrin,Sep 7 2005, 09:08 PM Wrote:Man I loved that episode.
It was (to me) way more than just sci-fi shoot/kill/warp! that is sometimes just churned out by the ST genre.

Oh and Riker didn't get to have relations with anyone during an ENTIRE episode. GO PRODUCERS!
[right][snapback]88584[/snapback][/right]
Shoot-kill-warp can be much fun, man. :)

The DVD set for Space: Above and Beyond came out this week, a show that taught me that "shoot-kill-run" in sci-fi can be elevated into a work of art.

Going back to the metaphorical concepts of this thread: McQueen, asking "Who am I?"

Chig-ace killer, that's who! :shuriken:

Easy as pancakes.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Drasca,Sep 7 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:Deebye, an Island, falling.
[right][snapback]88535[/snapback][/right]

Drasca, with sails unfurled.
One of the best episodes - but i didnt come to appritiate it until many years after I saw and, when I started to grasp the real signifigance of metaphores in all our thoughts and concepts.
TaMeOlta , when the beer was gone :wacko:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto