Sulfuron and Golemagg DOWN!
[Image: shot0.jpg]
As we start our run, this was our third attempt at Golemagg.
We had changed our strat slightly and was now going to tank the dogs closer to where golemagg is than we did the first two times.

[Image: shot1.jpg]
When it came to Golemaggs dps a little thunderclap can't hurt, right?
I just love taking screenshots straight out of a movie, makes it possible to get all the shiny effects.

[Image: shot2.jpg]
I heard Anadrol say he used up his healthstone early on in the fight, so I tossed him mine. It was a little nervous to walk up next to a huuuuge giant and simply trade the MT an item while he was being beat on. Went fine. :)

[Image: shot3.jpg]
The remainder of the fight was fairly smooth. We didnt have Golemagg go into a dps frenzy thanks to proper positioning of the dogs. At 15% us free warriors had been executing for a while. He was going down. The order was given to back away from him to avoid his 10% health frenzy mode.

[Image: shot4.jpg]
Unfortunately, Shalandrax took one too many hits while tanking one of the adds and died, and I rushed up to the dog. I half expected something like that as I had seen in the previous two attempts that there were issues keeping up with the dog dps. I grabbed one and juuust didnt have enough time to hit shield wall to get him on me long enough.
Luckily, Syladril managed to delay him for a couple of more seconds so the main raid could continue doing...

[Image: shot5.jpg]
THIS!

Congratulations, crew Avarice!

AND...
[Sulfuron Ingot]
[Breastplate of Might]
[Arcanist Robes]

We rock!

(ps: I have a video coming up soon. I need to re-encode it first and get it uploaded. It's 1.9gb uncompressed right now.)
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Congrats! I wicked proud of all of Avarice, wish I could have been there for it. We keep getting further and further with every venture into MC. Pretty soon, with the level of skill of all involved, we will be on farming status.

However, this doesn't answer my questions!!! Who got what loot? from each fight! :P
Pesmerga,Sep 4 2005, 08:46 PM Wrote:Congrats!  I wicked proud of all of Avarice, wish I could have been there for it.  We keep getting further and further with every venture into MC.  Pretty soon, with the level of skill of all involved, we will be on farming status.

However, this doesn't answer my questions!!!  Who got what loot? from each fight! :P
[right][snapback]88267[/snapback][/right]

Sulfy-
Nightslayer Shoulderpads: Duana
Shadowstrike: Adairan
Golemagg-
Breastplate of Might: Grumbo
Arcanist Robes: Ace
Staff of Dominance: Alice
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
What you don't see in that final screen shot is a Taranna as a bear on that last dog. We had two other healers at least with mana, no one else was near and I knew Golemagg was at 1 or 2% but that a dog biting Anadrol meant that he was dead and I didn't know if we had enough DPS left. So I went bear and hit taunt and then got a bash or two in. Or at least that was what I meant to do. I actually went cat by mistake and hit him which did keep him on me, shifted out then into bear. I then hit growl (taunt) and I was just about to hit frenzied regen when Golemag died in the hopes it would let me survive one more hit, but I didn't need it. I'm that little tiny bar of life left in the screenie.

As it turns out it I don't think it would have mattered if I did that or not but I like druids being able to be druids and I have a natural tendency to tank things and I was very frustrated at a heal saying it hit Shalandrax in my combat log and then seeing a Shalandrax has died then burning natures swiftness on Telsak only to see my heal say it hit him in my log and then have it say right after Telsak dies and then have the same thing happen with Sylidril on a regrowth, getting a log message that he was healed followed immediately by a he is dead message. Figuring my healing wasn't going to do anything anyway at that point I shifted but hit the wrong damn button. :)

It was a decent fight and it was a thrill to take him down.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Huge congrats, folks. Really wished I could have been there.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
The past two days have been an absolute blast. I must say that playing as a warlock in MC fits my playstyle preference perfectly. I don't have an integral role, like a tank or a healer might, where a goof could potentially wipe the raid, but still an important role of banishing and nuking. It's a nice, relaxed role. Even so, after raiding MC for just two days, I can see how a raid leader, or MT, or anyone with a work-intensive role could get burned out. I hope there are options in place if any of the raid leadership wants to sit back for a while and let someone else handle the stressful positions.

The Golemagg takedown was great fun. I got pyroblasted twice early on when I was tapping some mana back and died when he was around 70%, so I got to watch the fight from a lower vantage point. This was a bit of an exaggeration of my "laid back" role :rolleyes: But even dead, it was awesome watching "Our Team" take him down. The end was particularly exciting! Even my non-WoWer roommate was getting into it.

Huge thanks to the Basin for planning the raid, and everyone for the awesome experience. This has been the best WoW Weekend in a long time.

Oh, and Tal? Why won't you talk to me. :(
The error occurred on line -1.
Zippyy,Sep 5 2005, 01:48 AM Wrote:Even so, after raiding MC for just two days, I can see how a raid leader, or MT, or anyone with a work-intensive role could get burned out.  I hope there are options in place if any of the raid leadership wants to sit back for a while and let someone else handle the stressful positions.
[right][snapback]88290[/snapback][/right]

Yep we are making plans for this and some have already gone into place.

I'll give a personal example here because well I'm one of the first to really get to do the role changes a lot, some of that is because we want to make sure that people taking over the role they fill is comfortable and capable of doing it.

- Thursday night raid. Gnolack was secondary tank/primary DPS caller. Gnolack did have to step up in a few boss fights because Anadrol went down due to some really bad luck.
- Saturday morning raid. Gnolack was 6th tank/DPS as best I could monkey only tanked in emergencies and the Garr add I had was the first to die so I called DPS on the rest of them.
- Saturday evening raid. Gnolack was main tank and is now the only tank in the alliance who has tanked Shazzrah for an extensive period of time. Anadrol, Darian and tal did get experience with it when I died though.
- Sunday day raid. Gnolack wasn't there as we only had one other druid so Taranna came along as a healer/buffer.

I know that Darian has been main tank, secondary tank and just a back up tank already. When Gnolack was main tanking, even with Anadrol there, Anadrol was just a back up tank even though he is usually the main tank.

I have been the raid leader on one Saturday raid, Tuftears was doing much of the raid set-up this weekend.

So yep we are doing that not only to prevent burn out but so that we don't spin our wheels as much on a raid if one of the key position people can't be there for some reason. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Zippyy,Sep 5 2005, 02:48 AM Wrote:Oh, and Tal?  Why won't you talk to me.  :(
[right][snapback]88290[/snapback][/right]

I was distracted on Sunday...lots of communication with me via whispers throughout the raid. :)
Tal,Sep 5 2005, 02:35 PM Wrote:I was distracted on Sunday...lots of communication with me via whispers throughout the raid. :)
[right][snapback]88322[/snapback][/right]
Don't you have a secretary to screen those whispers for you?! :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Sep 5 2005, 05:13 PM Wrote:Don't you have a secretary to screen those whispers for you?!  :lol:
[right][snapback]88328[/snapback][/right]

See, that's it -- he's MY secretary...
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Sep 5 2005, 06:43 PM Wrote:See, that's it -- he's MY secretary...
[right][snapback]88329[/snapback][/right]

By the way boss the last check bounced...

:blush:
/clap

Very impresive progress, guys!
Gnollguy,Sep 5 2005, 12:49 PM Wrote:Yep we are making plans for this and some have already gone into place.

I'll give a personal example here because well I'm one of the first to really get to do the role changes a lot, some of that is because we want to make sure that people taking over the role they fill is comfortable and capable of doing it.

- Thursday night raid.  Gnolack was secondary tank/primary DPS caller.  Gnolack did have to step up in a few boss fights because Anadrol went down due to some really bad luck.
- Saturday morning raid.  Gnolack was 6th tank/DPS as best I could monkey only tanked in emergencies and the Garr add I had was the first to die so I called DPS on the rest of them.
- Saturday evening raid.  Gnolack was main tank and is now the only tank in the alliance who has tanked Shazzrah for an extensive period of time.  Anadrol, Darian and tal did get experience with it when I died though.
- Sunday day raid.  Gnolack wasn't there as we only had one other druid so Taranna came along as a healer/buffer.

I know that Darian has been main tank, secondary tank and just a back up tank already.  When Gnolack was main tanking, even with Anadrol there, Anadrol was just a back up tank even though he is usually the main tank.

I have been the raid leader on one Saturday raid, Tuftears was doing much of the raid set-up this weekend.

So yep we are doing that not only to prevent burn out but so that we don't spin our wheels as much on a raid if one of the key position people can't be there for some reason.  :)
[right][snapback]88316[/snapback][/right]

You can MT for me anytime bro, you did an excellent job!