Shazz falls to the avarice alliance
The little gnome distracted and taunted the big snakey boy while all the gnomes friends beat the snot out of the snake. It was quite fun to take down another Molten Core boss the second attempt of the first time we'd seen him.

Was much fun. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Sep 4 2005, 01:43 AM Wrote:Was much fun.  :)
[right][snapback]88200[/snapback][/right]
Indeed it was. That was, at least to me, the most interesting, out of control fight yet. Decursing was really nerve-racking. It was hard to see a curse on someone and not be able to get them in range because we were so spread out. Even so, they mostly did get removed quickly, it just seemed longer with everything so frantic. Even harder on the nerves was trying to do ranged damage. It was frequently stressed that his aggro list gets wiped on a blink. Imagine the horror, at least three times, seeing Lochnar's frostbolt get halfway to the target only to have him blink and the snowball track bend back on itself to smack him. "Oh no! We're gonna wipe now and it's all my fault!"

Good luck on the last two bosses available to us today. I am sad that I will not be available to have Lochnar help take them down, and that he missed the two in the earlier run. I would love to have been able to have him be a part of the entire effort in taking our first full MC (short the two bosses that we can't spawn yet).
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
It was a tremendously difficult battle - we had to keep a level head and do everything just right for over what, 15 minutes of dodging Shazzrah? And the protracted, random nature of the battle tends to wipe soulstones, too, as people give up on waiting for the raid to wipe and use them to come up fighting instead.

Great work, everyone! I think the Shazzrah fight is going to be one that will take us a while to master.

Poor rogues, though, relegated to missile weapon monkeys... The problem is that Shazzrah's AOE makes it a really bad idea to send the rogues in.
Very good job indeed guys. And don't worry, the Shaz fight is one of the more technical ones in MC and can really mess up a raid.
Awesome tanking GG, and awesome job everyone else! I'm proud to have been there and helped taking him down. Next up, Sulfuron and Golemagg!
Drop your breastpieces, Golemagg! :)
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
LochnarITB,Sep 4 2005, 02:45 AM Wrote:Even harder on the nerves was trying to do ranged damage.  It was frequently stressed that his aggro list gets wiped on a blink.  Imagine the horror, at least three times, seeing Lochnar's frostbolt get halfway to the target only to have him blink and the snowball track bend back on itself to smack him.  "Oh no!  We're gonna wipe now and it's all my fault!"

Good luck on the last two bosses available to us today.  I am sad that I will not be available to have Lochnar help take them down, and that he missed the two in the earlier run.  I would love to have been able to have him be a part of the entire effort in taking our first full MC (short the two bosses that we can't spawn yet).
[right][snapback]88206[/snapback][/right]

I echo all the sentiments here.

When the call for "heavy" ranged DPS came out, I tried an Aimed Shot on him. It hit for 2197. That is the highest it's ever hit for me on a boss type monster. I'm sitting here thinking "Cool!" when he blinks right on top of me! Whoops! Someone else created aggro and pulled him away, but that was quite a moment.

I'm really going to miss taking out the next two bosses. If MC proceeds this way on a regular basis, it seems that I'll be limited to the first half of it. That'd suck, as I love "being there" for the MC goings-on. I really want to be there when we down Ragnaros for the first time.

Ah, well. Just another strike against my job. Good luck, folks!
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Sorry I couldn't stick around folks, but when I'm dying that frequently to trash mobs and very few other people are, that means I'm playing very poorly so I left to not hurt the raid with my presence. That said, congrats to you guys. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Yeah not an easy one to tank either. Rapid discussions on teamspeak as to who calls DPS. OK I call it since I'll know. Alright do I have him now? Will a crit take him? No lets go! And then an oh crap he's blinking right after I called, where is he! Is a tank up over there to bring him back? No Telsak died last time getting him back here. Run little gnome run! OK I got him, get him the hell away from the people who ran back so they don't die we needs them! Sunder sunder DPS! Crap I'm curse, is there a decurser near up and near? He's pulsing, drink the restoritive pot. #$%& my rend missed, is it still running? Actually you know I only ever see hunters mark, sunder, 2 curse of dooms and I don't remember what that is so I never know if rend is running. He blinked woot rend brought him back you rock people way to stop the damage! K Anadrol has him back here, crap taunt resisted, sunder sunder revenge sunder slam taunt sunder run Anadrol!

I tried to announce when I had him so that people could get back out as best as I could, it helped when you ran to the middle it was less stress of "if I don't move him now I could lose an entire party of people".

Yeah that is a fight where everyone has to be on the ball and has to be on the ball for a long time. The MT has to know if he should scramble and then risk having him AoE while you bring him back or know that someone will get him to you before you have to move. Not moving is prefered but the sooner I lock him down the safer it is for a healer to heal others in the raid and the more concentrated the damage becomes. But a mage or a priest dragging him back isn't going to survive the blasts if he throws them. Heck the warriors didn't always. And for gear I can't just load up on stam and arcane resistance because he does swing that big ole spear of his for 800-900 damage on someone with 7-8K armor (I don't know what my arcane set had) so I wanted enough +def to stop that crap from critting me too (I think I held 370 or so def in that fight).

90 arcane resistance is not enough. This isn't like Geddon where if you resist enough of the fire you can get out and take care of yourself. If you melee him and he pulses then curses you then pulses again you could be down 3000 HP. My 95 arcane resistance would stop about 15 to 25% with a few 50% resists in there but 2 out of 5 blasts were not resisted at all. So the poor rogues. Can't even grab him and evasion tank him back in, you just have to hope. My Hameya's Cloak is getting an enchant to up the arcane resist more though. :)

Anyway it was great work and a lot of fun for me. It was a new an interesting challenge.

Oh and the final thing I have to say about the coolness of the alliance. Thursday Gnolack is secondary tank and main DPS caller. Saturday day run Gnolack is tank #5 or 6 playing DPS monkey and thunderclap spamming only tanking if something goes wrong, though being the "follow me and we will destroy Garr's adds men!" guy was a ton of fun too. Saturday night Gnolack is the main tank the whole way through. I loved every one of those roles and I was glad to get a chance to play them all and let others be in the other tanking roles. Telsak and Shalandrax and Jane and Vanae and Mentat and all the others will get their chances too if they want them. I know this. If they only ever want to be 3rd or 4th in the list only tanking if need be or only backing up one of the other tanks then that is cool too. :) We had 3 different hunters pulling (we also had several warriors and rogues being monkeys and pulling though I do apologize again for the bad situation me being a monkey got us into there is a time and a place to be a monkey and that was not it, Anadrol charging the single respawn mob was, Quark pulling two mobs after there was an announced go for it was).

Oh well fun times. Hoping to see a few more people make it into these runs too. It's a good group of people that learn quick so we still don't slow down much even when we are explaining how things go to new people. Good times.
---
Mirajj,Sep 4 2005, 07:08 AM Wrote:I'm really going to miss taking out the next two bosses. If MC proceeds this way on a regular basis, it seems that I'll be limited to the first half of it. That'd suck, as I love "being there" for the MC goings-on. I really want to be there when we down Ragnaros for the first time.

Ah, well. Just another strike against my job. Good luck, folks!
[right][snapback]88215[/snapback][/right]

It won't proceed this way on a regular basis. The early runs yesterday and the one planned for today were concessions to our newest allies the Basin who had this run set up before joining and as another way to gauge interest in an early time Saturday run. Though 1pm does not meet the needs of the Austrailian/East Asia people because that is 2-4am there. So we need to start at 8 or 9 server time for a late night for them or we do a later start for an early morning for them.

However we will continue to do rotations because there are lots of people that can only make one or two of the slots and we also have mostly lost the ability to add people in late because the raids do fill up all the time now.

This week is a different thing. If a slot does get added we will be rotating with it as well (as long as it isn't a slot for completely different raid lock) because we want everyone to see all the content.
---
Honestly, I don't think that a lack of arcane resistance really matters. As long as people are decursing the main tank, the amount of single target damage that he does with his arcane explosions is kind of pitiful so it was pretty easy to keep you healed without taxing my mana pool. This was one boss fight where Silverflail never ran out of mana the whole way while I kept my party and nearby tanks at full life as well as I could.
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Sep 4 2005, 10:37 AM Wrote:Honestly, I don't think that a lack of arcane resistance really matters.  As long as people are decursing the main tank, the amount of single target damage that he does with his arcane explosions is kind of pitiful so it was pretty easy to keep you healed without taxing my mana pool.  This was one boss fight where Silverflail never ran out of mana the whole way while I kept my party and nearby tanks at full life as well as I could.
[right][snapback]88232[/snapback][/right]

It's not critical but I want more. It is more critical for others than for the MT though. If you get rogues enough arcane resist they can go in there and do more damage and not be a healer burden and we can kill him faster which means less chance of him blinking somewhere and wiping out the DPS we need to take him down in a timely fashion. The protecting warriors will be better able to drag him back without getting munched. And again some of the curse blasts were reduced from 1600-1800 to 800-900 or just 1400. The unresisted blasts are 800-900 damage I was taking those down to 400-700 on a semi-regular basis. But if you don't have to heal me at all that does mean that you will have mana to prayer of healing or heal the people who got blinked onto after I lock him back down. Healing someone before the MT relocks was part of the problems we had as well because that meant he would just turn and hit the healers. It's a rough thing. But when the majority of his damage is arcane with some physical, there is no reason to not stock up on more arcane resistance.
---