Difficluty level
Hi,

Someone asked me in another post what difficulty level I am playing and I assumed I am playing the easiest. However, I started a new game to have a look and see and there was no way to select the difficulty.

How do you set the difficulty level when you don't even have the option?

I am playing D2, patch 1.11, against the computer.

Cheers, Mark
Yikes I made a spelling mistake with the title of the post and cannot find a way to edit it, just the message body.

Should read "Difficulty Level"

Press Tab to show the auto-map.
In the upper-right hand corner of the screen,
the difficulty will be displayed (Nightmare or Hell).
If it doesn't, you are in Normal difficulty.

Also, you can't create games in Nightmare difficulty
until you have beaten Normal, etc.
Every character you make starts in normal difficulty. Once you beat normal difficulty, you get the choice to start a normal or nightmare game the next time you play. Once you beat nightmare, you get the choice of normal, nightmare, and hell.
Hi,

Thanks for the answers, that makes sense now! :-)

Was this the same for the first Diablo? I beat that a few times but don't remember any chance to up the difficulty when starting a game after that.

Cheers, Mark
Mark9977,Sep 2 2005, 10:46 PM Wrote:Was this the same for the first Diablo? I beat that a few times but don't remember any chance to up the difficulty when starting a game after that.[right][snapback]88087[/snapback][/right]
Nope, you had no way to select a difficulty in single player. You needed to use the multiplayer trick (if, for instance, you created a nightmare game with a multiplayer character, and then switched to single player, the single player game would also be of a nightmare difficulty; the same goes for hell difficulty).
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect