Druid help please
Hello,

I have a druid lvl 20. I have not used any of his lvl up bonuses because I don't want to mess him up. I would like for him to be a spell caster, but I also want him to be able to melee (w/o shape changing preferably). All of his stats are at base, and he has no skill, except the three he gets from his hat. Any advice for stat point distribution would be great.

Thanks
[quote=Isreal Hands,Aug 31 2005, 11:00 PM]

. I would like for him to be a spell caster, but I also want him to be able to melee (w/o shape changing preferably).

My recommendation would be to go down the Wind route: Physical and Cold dam, nice synergies and Cyclone Armour means that you don't have to worry about res. For melee without shifting you need an Act 2 merc with Blessed Aim (+ good gear at higher levels). If you play HC you also need Oak Sage, maxed if possible.

Edit. I spent the attribute points in the following way: At every level-up 2 points in Vitality and 2 points in Strength, fifth point kept in reseeerve and added to Dex when needed. This was for HC, so you can get by with less in Vitality if you play SC.
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Assur,Aug 31 2005, 08:10 PM Wrote:[quote=Isreal Hands,Aug 31 2005, 11:00 PM]

. I would like for him to be a spell caster, but I also want him to be able to melee (w/o shape changing preferably).
My recommendation would be to go down the Wind route: Physical and Cold dam, nice synergies and Cyclone Armour means that you don't have to worry about res. For melee without shifting you need an Act 2 merc with Blessed Aim (+ good gear at higher levels). If you play HC you also need Oak Sage, maxed if possible.

Edit. I spent the attribute points in the following way: At every level-up 2 points in Vitality and 2 points in Strength, fifth point kept in reseeerve and added to Dex when needed. This was for HC, so you can get by with less in Vitality if you play SC.
[right][snapback]87861[/snapback][/right]

As a follow up, the following affixes to weapons and other items. will be needed to aid in melee:

Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, Deadly Strike, and where you can, for Hell Diff, long duration poison to clamp down on regeneration.

Consider Blood Crafts as one path to meeting your needs.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete