Imbue
Hi,

How many times can you imbue an item in D2 without the expansion? If just once should I embue an item now, like Wirt's leg? or wait until later in the game?

Cheers, Mark
Mark9977,Aug 30 2005, 04:13 PM Wrote:Hi,

How many times can you imbue an item in D2 without the expansion? If just once should I embue an item now, like Wirt's leg? or wait until later in the game?

Cheers, Mark

Once per difficulty. Don't do Wirt's leg.

Cheers,

Munk
Hi,

I assume I am plaing on the easiest difficulty, I don't remember actually choosing the game difficulty level.

So what should I imbue? and when should I do it?

Cheers, Mark
Munkay,Aug 30 2005, 08:28 PM Wrote:Once per difficulty.  Don't do Wirt's leg.
[right][snapback]87713[/snapback][/right]

Why not? I embued it one time and it turned out to be a pretty nice starting club for a barbarian! :)
WWBBD?
Yrrek,Sep 1 2005, 03:05 PM Wrote:Why not? I embued it one time and it turned out to be a pretty nice starting club for a barbarian! :)
[right][snapback]87908[/snapback][/right]

If you ask me, i would not imbue anything i get in act 1, enemies are so easy to handle in the first two acts so u only need normal weapon
I'd suggest that u wait until act 3 or act4 when u can find better weapons to imbue.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill
Imbue should be used wisely, as you only get one per mode, per character. Therefore, it makes sense to imbue the items which stand the best chance of getting good results.

Circlets have built-in properties which give them better possibilities of magical enhancements than any other items in the game. These are as follows:

CIRCLET - required level 16

CORONET - required level 39

TIARA - required level 52

DIADEM - required level 64

You imbue your item when your character level is higher then the required level of the item you are going to imbue, but lower than the next item's level requirement. For instance ... you want to imbue a CIRCLET between character level 17 and 38, a CORONET between character level 40 and 51, a TIARA between character level 53 and 63, and a DIADEM at character level 65 or above. Imbueing at these levels will ensure that the imbued item will have a level requirement and magical properties which are suitable for the item. The higher your character's level is when you imbue the item, the higher the required level of the item will be once it is imbued. For example ... if you imbue a CORONET with a character which is level 87, it still may get great magical properties, but it will receive a level requirement which is a lot higher than 39, and it's defense will be quite low for it's required level.

Sure, you can imbue any normal game item and hope for the best, but imbueing one of the four affore-mentioned items has a much greater chance of getting you something "godly", or at least useable.
Mark9977,Aug 31 2005, 08:43 PM Wrote:So what should I imbue? and when should I do it?

Cheers, Mark
[right][snapback]87858[/snapback][/right]

There is an extensive discussion about imbueing here:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...showtopic=35103
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake