Complete lack of any AI for the monsters
Walkiry,Sep 5 2005, 08:06 AM Wrote:Well, FPS games have done quite a few things in AI, not just mad-aim,

The rest is "If my 'personality' is 'coward', my health is <50%, and enemyhealth > myhealth, run to nearest powerup." Otherwise, follow the pathnodes, and you'll be allright. (I'd say that intelligent use of the said pathnodes most probably makes up the most difficult part of making bot AI good)
"One day, o-n-e day..."
Quote:Dungeon crawling would be closer to Splinter Cell, with players desperately avoiding combat.

How would an MMO Splinter Cell not kick ass?
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
SwissMercenary,Sep 5 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:The rest is "If my 'personality' is 'coward', my health is <50%, and enemyhealth > myhealth, run to nearest powerup." Otherwise, follow the pathnodes, and you'll be allright. (I'd say that intelligent use of the said pathnodes most probably makes up the most difficult part of making bot AI good)
[right][snapback]88300[/snapback][/right]

That's hardly fair, considering that FPS games, just like the AI, don't just consist of deathmatch and just deathmatch anymore. Unreal Tournament bots have more complex behaviours in non-standard modes, for example. And you may want to take a look at the F.E.A.R. demo ;-)
Ban Hammer incoming.

Ban Hammer hits you for 1482 Health (Overkill 9382917, Crit)
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Ban Hammer incoming.

Ban Hammer hits you for 1482 Health (Overkill 9382917, Crit)

Did you just bump a 4-year-old thread? :blink:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Quote:Did you just bump a 4-year-old thread? :blink:
I think Lissa just banned a spambot.

I used to co-admin a bboard a while ago so I appreciate the vigilance of the mods and admins here. The LL boards might not be as busy/colorful as it used to be, but it is still a pleasure lurking in these parts. *tips hat*
*Puts away his banhammer* Nothing to see here. Move along, move along...;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Did you just bump a 4-year-old thread? :blink:
See kids, this is why you use the "Report post" button instead of responding to a post that's just going to get deleted.

Anyway, sometimes it's fun to read old threads. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
[Image: 222145_main.jpg]

See, if Paladins had this as a weapon option, I'd actually roll one. Or not neglect the ones I have.

Whatever.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386