Mario Golf is the greatest N64 game ever
I was visiting my in-laws yesterday, when I spied a little something tucked away in a corner. It was my old N64, which I lent to my brother-in-law a few years ago. Mario Golf was in the machine, and all of a sudden I knew that I simply must have it back. I needed to play Mario Golf again. That game is loads of fun.

I played it all day. I couldn't put down the controller. My wife had to play it too. She got a hole-in-one on one of the par 3s and was pretty excited. It was a great shot against a wicked crosswind. My little son sat beside us and cheered us on. "OH NO BUNKER AGAIN DADDY!"

We're having trouble unlocking Mario because I'm sure he cheats, but we'll get there eventually.

I also found my Ocarina of Time cartridge, but I have to put that epic off until I play a few hundred more rounds of Mario Golf.

I just need to remember where I put my expansion pack and my rumble thingie.
How ironic! Very recently, I re-purchased an N64, 4-controllers, 4-rumble paks, 4-memory cards, the Expansion Pak, and several games all for under $70.00 and boy let me tell you, I am having the TIME-OF-MY-LIFE! I simply forgot how much MORE fun the N64 was and is over the current competition in the multiplayer aspect (except for Halo and Halo 2...). I'm sorry, but Mario Kart 64 ran miles over Mario Kart Double Dash, as did Super Mario 64! Perfect Dark was... is one of the best FPS games I have every played, not only for the gripping story, but the game-play is pretty darn impressive and the controls just as intuitive as Halo - and you can play against a pretty mean AI in multiplayer, unlike Halo! Gauntlet Legends has become my newest found favorite pastime, and don't even get me started on Banjo Kazooie and Donky Kong 64 MULTIPLAYER!!! Oh yes, almost forgot; Mario Party 2 and 3 are simply the BEST Mario Party games ever created, and Bust-A-Move 2 is by far one of my fondest friends ;) .... All in all, I am very happy with the re-purchase of an old N64 and couldn't agree with you more DeeBye, however now you have my desires fixed on Mario Golf, which I saw in the local "used games" section of a Game Stop store the other day!

DeeBye,Aug 28 2005, 09:05 PM Wrote:I was visiting my in-laws yesterday, when I spied a little something tucked away in a corner.  It was my old N64, which I lent to my brother-in-law a few years ago.  Mario Golf was in the machine, and all of a sudden I knew that I simply must have it back.  I needed to play Mario Golf again.  That game is loads of fun.

I played it all day.  I couldn't put down the controller.  My wife had to play it too.  She got a hole-in-one on one of the par 3s and was pretty excited.  It was a great shot against a wicked crosswind.  My little son sat beside us and cheered us on.  "OH NO BUNKER AGAIN DADDY!"

We're having trouble unlocking Mario because I'm sure he cheats, but we'll get there eventually.

I also found my Ocarina of Time cartridge, but I have to put that epic off until I play a few hundred more rounds of Mario Golf.

I just need to remember where I put my expansion pack and my rumble thingie.
[right][snapback]87460[/snapback][/right]
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
MEAT,Aug 29 2005, 03:12 AM Wrote:How ironic! Very recently, I re-purchased an N64, 4-controllers, 4-rumble paks, 4-memory cards, the Expansion Pak, and several games all for under $70.00 and boy let me tell you, I am having the TIME-OF-MY-LIFE! I simply forgot how much MORE fun the N64 was and is over the current competition in the multiplayer aspect (except for Halo and Halo 2...). I'm sorry, but Mario Kart 64 ran miles over Mario Kart Double Dash, as did Super Mario 64! Perfect Dark was... is one of the best FPS games I have every played, not only for the gripping story, but the game-play is pretty darn impressive and the controls just as intuitive as Halo - and you can play against a pretty mean AI in multiplayer, unlike Halo! Gauntlet Legends has become my newest found favorite pastime, and don't even get me started on Banjo Kazooie and Donky Kong 64 MULTIPLAYER!!! Oh yes, almost forgot; Mario Party 2 and 3 are simply the BEST Mario Party games ever created, and Bust-A-Move 2 is by far one of my fondest friends  ;) .... All in all, I am very happy with the re-purchase of an old N64 and couldn't agree with you more DeeBye, however now you have my desires fixed on Mario Golf, which I saw in the local "used games" section of a Game Stop store the other day!
[right][snapback]87469[/snapback][/right]
Super Mario 64 was the greatest game ever. I mean, come on. People at gamefaqs STILL play the game, and just recently discovered how to beat the game with 16 stars. Also, they figured out how to make mario invisible, get 255 stars in 3 levels, wreak havoc in black rooms of death, etc...

I think its one of the most active forums over there too.

I wanna vote for goldeneye as well while I'm here.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.