Baron Geddon
Running away from AoE pulses into The Bomb - 45s.
Watching The Bomb not move while your bandaging - 45s.
Dying as The Bomb - 45s.

Watching Telsak die to AoE pulses as he decides to fight out the last 3% - priceless.

Thanks for the fun night, guys. Two new bosses down, and Baron Geddon is one hell of a fun fight. Thanks also to those who kept my contested win percentage down by not contesting [Aged Core Leather Gloves] :)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Aug 27 2005, 11:26 PM Wrote:Running away from AoE pulses into The Bomb - 45s.
Dying as The Bomb - 45s.

Watching Telsak die to AoE pulses as he decides to fight out the last 3% - priceless.

Thanks for the fun night, guys.  Two new bosses down, and Baron Geddon is one hell of a fun fight.  Thanks also to those who kept my contested win percentage down by not contesting [Aged Core Leather Gloves] :)
[right][snapback]87412[/snapback][/right]

Baron Geddon I think is the most fun I've had in a high end raid. :)

I was trying to be Telsak there too. I actually got my top crit of the night on him a 3200 execute then I was the bomb and thought for 1 second about staying and trying another one but ran away and blew up. 2 seconds later Geddon dies. :)

But it was a blast! So much more fun then Luci, Mag, Ghennas, or Garr.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
It was a great run - we are really learning our way around MC! And that's a special kind of thrill I couldn't get by just going to an experienced guild's raids, the thrill of discovery and achievement.

Great work, everyone!

I freely admit my share of culpability in our first Baron Geddon wipe - whoops! That Bomb indicator goes by fast if you're not looking for it. It was funny that I got picked to be the Bomb first the second time, but that time, I was on the ball. B)
Quark,Aug 28 2005, 12:26 AM Wrote:Running away from AoE pulses into The Bomb - 45s.
Dying as The Bomb - 45s.

Thanks for the fun night, guys.  Two new bosses down, and Baron Geddon is one hell of a fun fight.  Thanks also to those who kept my contested win percentage down by not contesting [Aged Core Leather Gloves] :)
[right][snapback]87412[/snapback][/right]

Spending your night watching your fiancee sleep on the sofa while you read a Warcraft book - Just as good. :)

Congrats guys!
Pesmerga likes to watch! (I'm such a troll :-\)
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
NotSoDarklord,Aug 28 2005, 03:38 AM Wrote:Pesmerga likes to watch!  (I'm such a troll :-\)
[right][snapback]87421[/snapback][/right]

Err... no, you're a dwarf. DUH.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
I feel so owned
NotSoDarklord,Aug 28 2005, 03:47 AM Wrote:I feel so owned
[right][snapback]87425[/snapback][/right]

As well you should.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Semi-thread theft here. Quark, seeing as how you are the rogue I hear about most... a question for you. I have a friend who plays a rogue (I'm a shaman who groups with him alot) and has started doing MC runs. Now normally he uses Barman Shanker and another weapon that I'm not sure exactly what is (I think its a purple dagger we found during a DM run from a random trash mob). While doing MC the guild he is in makes him not use the Barman Shanker because of the chance on hit and the debuff limit. So I'm wondering what weapons you would suggest for a rogue doing MC? I've heard him complain a decent amount about doing less damage because he isn't allowed to use his normal weapon and so figure maybe you can point out new ones that we could look into getting him.
Yeah, that Baron fight was the most fun I've had with a 'new' fight in a long time. Great stuff, and a wonderful time last night!
~Not all who wander are lost...~
swirly,Aug 28 2005, 08:55 AM Wrote:While doing MC the guild he is in makes him not use the Barman Shanker because of the chance on hit and the debuff limit [...] maybe you can point out new ones that we could look into getting him.
[right][snapback]87428[/snapback][/right]

Is it worth it, when 1.7 will double the debuff limit?
You don't know what you're talking about.
Honestly, we don't care about the debuff limit at all. Barman is the top blue (better than all 1.8 blues due to attack power, better than some 1.8 purples if the Rogue has enough AP), and making a Rogue not use that is deliberately gimping him. I use Keris of Zul'Serrak that also has a debuff.

Two blue daggers that don't have a debuff:
Electrified Dagger - get to Revered with AV and this is your reward. Slightly better than the Keris. Depending on the server, this may either be an easy or impossible reward to get. The Horde version is the Glacial Dagger.

Specter's Blade - requires a Shaman or Paladin to spawn Death Knight Darkreaver in Scholomance (Rattlegore's room). Again, slightly better than Keris, without the debuff. Also not easy to get, as it requires people willing to clear out Rattlegore's room and deal with the extra event.

Of course, at some point, the guild is going to have to ask if it's worth gimping themselves for the valued "debuff slot" junk that goes on. Gutgore Ripper has a debuff proc, is that going to be disallowed too?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
It was well worth it staying up from 2am to 7am to nail those bastard bosses.
No loot, but oh well. Next week I'm walking away with all the purples! Ah-HA!
I am really happy to have been able to help on the strat... er I mean more explaining those bosses for those that haven't fought them before. They are fun and I think we did EXTREMELY well on the lava packs.

Those pulls can wipe ANYONE.
We did great. Now we just do this over next week, kill off the first easy three, then start rehearsing the garr/geddon/shaz fight and then we can move on to another 2 easy bosses, namely Sulfuron and Golemagg which are both real pushovers.

Majordomo Executus is another leage entirely however.
But we'll deal with him once we get there.

Without wax, Alrin.
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Quark,Aug 28 2005, 08:28 AM Wrote:Honestly, we don't care about the debuff limit at all.  Barman is the top blue (better than all 1.8 blues due to attack power, better than some 1.8 purples if the Rogue has enough AP), and making a Rogue not use that is deliberately gimping him.  I use Keris of Zul'Serrak that also has a debuff.

[right][snapback]87434[/snapback][/right]

You bastard! It was YOU who pushed my seal of light judgement off! ;) :P :lol:

:shuriken:
Gnollguy,Aug 28 2005, 12:44 AM Wrote:Baron Geddon I think is the most fun I've had in a high end raid.  :)

But it was a blast!
[right][snapback]87413[/snapback][/right]

Quoted for truth!
Gutgore proc does not (seem) to stick to anything important. Yes I have seen guilds that wanted rogues to unequip barmans... even if it meant mainhanding a frighttalon or some such, and it's a valid idea. Imagine when rag was a zergfest... some guilds were taking 10-11 rogues. 10-11 rogues...8 of which with barman shankers=goodbye curses :)
Thanks for having me along for the Garr and Geddon kill. I think I just squeezed into the 40th spot there.

No loot, but 'twas fun. Nothing quite as satisfying as not just one, but TWO well-orchestrated and well-executed MC boss kills.

Highlight of the run - being blown up by a guildmate, a split second after wondering if he was going to run away from you, or whether you should run away from him. ;)

Here's hoping you let me come along again.

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
WildFire,Aug 28 2005, 11:21 PM Wrote:Here's hoping you let me come along again.
[right][snapback]87455[/snapback][/right]

Why wouldn't we? Did you break wind alot or something? :unsure:

;)

Basin folk are quite welcome on the raids. :)
Mirajj,Aug 28 2005, 05:17 AM Wrote:Yeah, that Baron fight was the most fun I've had with a 'new' fight in a long time. Great stuff, and a wonderful time last night!
[right][snapback]87430[/snapback][/right]

This makes me very sad, because I got to miss out on the first killing of him. Hope I'm around next time.... :(
Tal Wrote:
Wildfire Wrote:Here's hoping you let me come along again.
Why wouldn't we? Did you break wind alot or something? :unsure:

;)

Basin folk are quite welcome on the raids. :)
[right][snapback]87488[/snapback][/right]
WF lives on the other side of the world, so is a little more anxious about going on the raids that are possible for Kateley to come to. :)