I love fishing mini-games
I often find myself playing mini-games instead of the main game. I don't know why. A lot of the time these games are really simplistic, yet really addictive. The Triple Triad card game in FF8 is an example of this.

The BEST mini-games for me are any of the fishing ones. Fishing in Ocarina of Time was a blast, and I could spend hours on end fishing in Breath of Fire 3. Catching a freakin' WHALE and trading it in for some sweet armour is a great payoff.

I propose that the gaming industry gets together and makes it MANDATORY that every future game release contains some sort of fishing mini-game.
DeeBye,Aug 31 2005, 09:52 PM Wrote:I often find myself playing mini-games instead of the main game.  I don't know why.  A lot of the time these games are really simplistic, yet really addictive.  The Triple Triad card game in FF8 is an example of this.

The BEST mini-games for me are any of the fishing ones.  Fishing in Ocarina of Time was a blast, and I could spend hours on end fishing in Breath of Fire 3.  Catching a freakin' WHALE and trading it in for some sweet armour is a great payoff.

I propose that the gaming industry gets together and makes it MANDATORY that every future game release contains some sort of fishing mini-game.
[right][snapback]87863[/snapback][/right]

The way things work, that means that playing a Blizzard game would yield a lot of frozen fish. Hmmmmmm. Add some Boddingtons, some batter, some hot oil, and some chips. Hey, you might be on to something there!

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Aug 31 2005, 11:55 PM Wrote:The way things work, that means that playing a Blizzard game would yield a lot of frozen fish.  Hmmmmmm.  Add some Boddingtons, some batter, some hot oil, and some chips. Hey, you might be on to something there!

[right][snapback]87865[/snapback][/right]

Diablo would be 100x better if you could stop and fish at the little river.
DeeBye,Aug 31 2005, 08:06 PM Wrote:Diablo would be 100x better if you could stop and fish at the little river.
[right][snapback]87866[/snapback][/right]

But you'd end up catching creepy little demon-fish. :o

EDIT: On second thought, this would be an improvement over the first part of ACTIII. I'll grab my bait box and pole! A special rule would have to be brought in for the Trapasin though, no DU PONT Spinners! :lol:
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
"Equip lod and bait."

Ouch.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
DeeBye,Sep 1 2005, 05:52 AM Wrote:I propose that the gaming industry gets together and makes it MANDATORY that every future game release contains some sort of fishing mini-game.
[right][snapback]87863[/snapback][/right]
And I propose that playing these mini-games makes the main game completely and utterly unable to be completed. Even if you reinstall. :P
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
You could go net shrimp from Meshif's boat! Or set lobster traps at the Kurast Docks!

The only problem is, seeing as how the land is tainted by evil, would you really want to eat your catch?
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Lady Vashj,Sep 1 2005, 07:37 AM Wrote:You could go net shrimp from Meshif's boat!&nbsp; Or set lobster traps at the Kurast Docks!

The only problem is, seeing as how the land is tainted by evil, would you really want to eat your catch?
[right][snapback]87894[/snapback][/right]

You might get some Lobstrocities direct from The Drawing of the Three.

Would they ask you lawyerly questions?
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Sep 1 2005, 10:33 AM Wrote:You might get some Lobstrocities direct from The Drawing of the Three.

Would they ask you lawyerly questions?
[right][snapback]87905[/snapback][/right]

Dod - a - chock? Dud - a - chuck? Did - a - chick?

Just focus on keeping your sword dry.
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Lady Vashj,Sep 1 2005, 12:37 PM Wrote:You could go net shrimp from Meshif's boat!&nbsp; Or set lobster traps at the Kurast Docks!

[right][snapback]87894[/snapback][/right]
Throwing weapons!

Imagine blazing through the Chaos Sanctuary with a stack of Throwing Starfish, taking on Mephisto with Lob-sters, and Shrimping your way through to Nihlithak.

I'd reinstall Diablo II just to do that.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

NiteFox,Sep 1 2005, 04:08 PM Wrote:Lob-sters

Don't you mean Lob-stars? ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Roland,Sep 1 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:Don't you mean Lob-stars? ;)
[right][snapback]87959[/snapback][/right]
Main Entry: lob
Function: noun
: a soft high-arching shot, throw, or kick

Work better for comedy value that way.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,