DOOM movie trailer
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/doom.html
IMDB link

It's due out sometime in October.

The latest trailer reminds me a bit of Aliens. Please let it be a bit like Aliens.

Does anyone have any objections to The Rock cast as the main guy? I certainly don't. I think he fits the bill perfectly. He's not an acting genius, but he's got brawn and charisma. In a film like this, I'm not looking for an Oscar performance. I just want tons of futuristic space action doled out in heavy doses by a large guy carrying a large gun.

The chainsaw was a great touch.
Too many people. As I recall the only other people in the Doom games were zombies who needed blasting ;-)
DeeBye,Aug 25 2005, 09:38 PM Wrote:http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/doom.html
IMDB link

The latest trailer reminds me a bit of Aliens.  Please let it be a bit like Aliens.

Does anyone have any objections to The Rock cast as the main guy?  I certainly don't.  I think he fits the bill perfectly.  He's not an acting genius, but he's got brawn and charisma.  In a film like this, I'm not looking for an Oscar performance.  I just want tons of futuristic space action doled out in heavy doses by a large guy carrying a large gun.

[right][snapback]87277[/snapback][/right]

Yes, the Chainsaw and Pinky Demon were nice at the end. :D

My only concern is the way the trailer kept using camera views that looked like the video game. I loved Doom 3. It brought back the atmosphere the original created where you started to jump at sounds. But I don't want to see the "over the gun" view for half of the movie.
See you in Town,
-Z
DeeBye,Aug 25 2005, 07:38 PM Wrote:http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/doom.html
IMDB link

The latest trailer reminds me a bit of Aliens.  Please let it be a bit like Aliens.

Does anyone have any objections to The Rock cast as the main guy?  I certainly don't.  I think he fits the bill perfectly.  He's not an acting genius, but he's got brawn and charisma.  In a film like this, I'm not looking for an Oscar performance.  I just want tons of futuristic space action doled out in heavy doses by a large guy carrying a large gun.

[right][snapback]87277[/snapback][/right]

It's going to Rock.

Edit: I had seen an earlier trailer, and I'm not so sure, now. The potential is there for it to really, really suck.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Looks like it could be all right. I was entirely preparing for it to be just about as bad as possible. But then, the last info I'd heard before this was maybe a year ago, and that was spouting some craziness about a Resident Evil 'zombies created by science' clone set on the moon, instead of a gate to hell being found on Mars. Which would've been somewhat disappointing.
bah. They should have gotten Bruce Campbell. :huh:

:shuriken:

;) :w00t:
Nobody will even be able to see the movie unless they download the flashlight hack.

Say it with me...

BAH HUMBUG.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Aug 26 2005, 03:15 PM Wrote:Nobody will even be able to see the movie unless they download the flashlight hack.

Say it with me...

BAH HUMBUG.
[right][snapback]87311[/snapback][/right]

BAH HUMBUG!

Let's hope the "strobe-light" effect in the trailer was just an editing SNAFU. Otherwise spending 10 bucks to look at a half-lit movie is not my idea of fun.

BTW, "hack" is such an ugly word. I prefer "mod".
Signature? What do you mean?
DeeBye,Aug 25 2005, 10:38 PM Wrote:http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/doom.html
IMDB link

After watching the trailer, I can't help but think about how unimpressed the "special effects" appear to be. Granted, this is the evolution of gaming towards more realistic enviroments. I remember watching Doom 3 videos before its release and them making me feel a bit scared. This trailor failed where the video game achieved.

I agree that in the field of Video Game turned Movie, Doom 3 has a usable plot line for a good shoot em up film. But I can't seem to escape the feeling of being already disapointed with the real life actors/animatronics/special effects compared to the video game itself (which managed to throroughly impress me aesthetically and atmospherically the entire time). If the trailor can't hold my attention as much as the video games themselves, then the movie is going to have a lot to live up to to win my favor.

Cheers,

Munk
I wonder if his main motivation is going to be getting revenge for his pet bunny like in Doom 2.

I didn't see a Cyber-demon listed in the credits anywhere, so I'm a bit worried.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
It just cannot be as good as the upcoming Dungeon Siege movie.

IMDB Dungeon Siege
-degrak
Using more than one question mark does not make it anymore of a question.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
Scrape,Aug 28 2005, 11:06 AM Wrote:It just cannot be as good as the upcoming Dungeon Siege movie.

IMDB Dungeon Siege
[right][snapback]87446[/snapback][/right]

I looked at the list of actors in that...

What a #$%&ing disaster waiting to happen.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Aug 28 2005, 11:03 AM Wrote:What a #$%&ing disaster waiting to happen.
Apparently the director Uwe Boll has a bad reputation for making absolute disasters... I've never heard of anything he's done, but apparently people hate him quite a bit.
Munkay,Aug 26 2005, 07:14 PM Wrote:After watching the trailer, I can't help but think about how unimpressed the "special effects" appear to be.  Granted, this is the evolution of gaming towards more realistic enviroments.  I remember watching Doom 3 videos before its release and them making me feel a bit scared.  This trailor failed where the video game achieved.

I agree that in the field of Video Game turned Movie, Doom 3 has a usable plot line for a good shoot em up film.  But I can't seem to escape the feeling of being already disapointed with the real life actors/animatronics/special effects compared to the video game itself (which managed to throroughly impress me aesthetically and atmospherically the entire time).  If the trailor can't hold my attention as much as the video games themselves,  then the movie is going to have a lot to live up to to win my favor.

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]87346[/snapback][/right]

I have a fundamental issue with there being no Hell.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Selby,Aug 28 2005, 06:58 PM Wrote:Apparently the director Uwe Boll has a bad reputation for making absolute disasters...  I've never heard of anything he's done, but apparently people hate him quite a bit.
[right][snapback]87451[/snapback][/right]

Alone in the Dark sucked pretty hard.
DeeBye,Aug 28 2005, 09:51 PM Wrote:Alone in the Dark sucked pretty hard.
They made a movie based on that? I read the SomethingAwful links about it... that's just pitiful. Christian Slater must have needed a paycheck...
Selby,Aug 29 2005, 12:02 AM Wrote:They made a movie based on that?  I read the SomethingAwful links about it... that's just pitiful.  Christian Slater must have needed a paycheck...
[right][snapback]87459[/snapback][/right]

Christian Slater has been in a lot of really horrible movies lately. It's a shame really. His acting peak hit when he did Pump up the Volume.
DeeBye,Aug 28 2005, 11:22 PM Wrote:Christian Slater has been in a lot of really horrible movies lately.  It's a shame really. His acting peak hit when he did Pump up the Volume.
[right][snapback]87461[/snapback][/right]

I respectfully disagree. Heathers was his last great shining role.

Pump Up the Volume was complete and utter crap. It was a complete regurge of the 80s. It's like Good Morning Vietnam and The Breakfast Club had a bastard child. It marked the beginning of the 90's Angst Movement, the pissy, whiny, self absorbed decade of "poor me."

Heathers on the other hand, will forever remain as one of those great films that everybody should see.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Aug 29 2005, 12:58 AM Wrote:I respectfully disagree. Heathers was his last great shining role.

Pump Up the Volume was complete and utter crap. It was a complete regurge of the 80s. It's like Good Morning Vietnam and The Breakfast Club had a bastard child. It marked the beginning of the 90's Angst Movement, the pissy, whiny, self absorbed decade of "poor me."

Heathers on the other hand, will forever remain as one of those great films that everybody should see.
[right][snapback]87464[/snapback][/right]

I liked Heathers too. I think you undervalue Pump up the Volume though. I liked it for this line - "Talk hard!".
DeeBye,Aug 29 2005, 12:01 AM Wrote:I liked Heathers too.  I think you undervalue Pump up the Volume though.  I liked it for this line - "Talk hard!".
[right][snapback]87465[/snapback][/right]

I like a lot of bad movies...

PUtV was not one of them. Just felt... Well, contrived. Like a bad batch of canned formula.

The only thing good about PUtV was the soundtrack. Now that, was a good thing.

And for proof that I love bad movies, I actually like the original Evil Dead better than the remake Evil Dead II.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."