A report
I guess you all do not know this, and some of you might have noticed the drastic decrease in my appereances lately, but I, as an Israeli, have been conscripted to the military around 3 weeks ago.

Now I'm, obviously, in boot camp for 3 and a half months (Dear lord let it pass quickly) and afterwards advanced training of another 4 months.

Boot camp is one heck of a whoop ass that could've gone much better if I didn't have such antipaths in my team but luck hasn't been kind to me on that respect, so there's nothing much I can do about it.

The base is, as usual, totally in nowhere and everywhere you look at you only see dust (I refuse to call that thing sand), the temperatures get to about 44 Degrees Celsius at day and drop to around 10C or even more at night, in short, lovely place.

Hope you all are okay and hopefully after boot camp I'll have a little bit more time than the tiny 1 hour before sleep.

Reporting out :)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Stay safe, soldier.
DeeBye,Aug 21 2005, 12:36 AM Wrote:Stay safe, soldier.
[right][snapback]86803[/snapback][/right]

Quoted for truth.
Hi,

The best of luck to you. Basic in August in Israel comes close to my concept of hell. Hope your advanced training is in something which is taught in air conditioned rooms like computer maintenance. :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Keep your eyes open and may you stay out of harms way!
WWBBD?
Be well.
TaiDaishar,Aug 20 2005, 10:32 PM Wrote:I guess you all do not know this, and some of you might have noticed the drastic decrease in my appereances lately, but I, as an Israeli, have been conscripted to the military around 3 weeks ago.

Now I'm, obviously, in boot camp for 3 and a half months (Dear lord let it pass quickly) and afterwards advanced training of another 4 months.

Boot camp is one heck of a whoop ass that could've gone much better if I didn't have such antipaths in my team but luck hasn't been kind to me on that respect, so there's nothing much I can do about it.

The base is, as usual, totally in nowhere and everywhere you look at you only see dust (I refuse to call that thing sand), the temperatures get to about 44 Degrees Celsius at day and drop to around 10C or even more at night, in short, lovely place.

Hope you all are okay and hopefully after boot camp I'll have a little bit more time than the tiny 1 hour before sleep.

[right][snapback]86802[/snapback][/right]

Sight alignment, trigger control, squeeze not jerk, eyes open.

Good luck.

Hydrate. :)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
TaiDaishar,Aug 21 2005, 05:32 PM Wrote:Now I'm, obviously, in boot camp for 3 and a half months (Dear lord let it pass quickly) and afterwards advanced training of another 4 months.
[right][snapback]86802[/snapback][/right]

Don't worry, you're not missing much. Plenty of people are trying to beat Jimmy (and a few are trying to sleep with him :o )

--Edit I still can't apostrphize properly.
whyBish,Aug 22 2005, 12:50 AM Wrote:Don't worry, you're not missing much.  Plenty of people are trying to beat Jimmy (and a few are trying to sleep with him  :o )

--Edit I still can't apostrphize properly.
[right][snapback]86867[/snapback][/right]

*Giggle* Sleeping with a horse means having to come to peace with backhair, I suppose . . .

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Be strong, stand tall, and act with confidence.

Keep us updated when you can.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Aug 22 2005, 10:16 AM Wrote:Be strong, stand tall, and act with confidence.

Keep us updated when you can.
[right][snapback]86912[/snapback][/right]

Maybe not the "stand tall" part.

-A
Ashock,Aug 22 2005, 09:49 AM Wrote:Maybe not the "stand tall" part.
-A
[right][snapback]86915[/snapback][/right]

Stand proud maybe? Keep your head down and your chin up? ;)
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Aug 22 2005, 12:35 PM Wrote:head down and your chin up? ;)
[right][snapback]86934[/snapback][/right]

I'd like to see that :blink:

-A
Ashock,Aug 22 2005, 04:00 PM Wrote:I'd like to see that  :blink:

-A
[right][snapback]86944[/snapback][/right]

Mr. Fantastic can!
WWBBD?
Yrrek,Aug 22 2005, 04:44 PM Wrote:Mr. Fantastic can!
[right][snapback]86960[/snapback][/right]

Hmm well, I suppose I've been called Mr. Fantastic by certain females over the course of my life. However, I don't seem to recall doing that particular trick for them.

On second thought, maybe it was Flash...

-A
Occhidiangela,Aug 21 2005, 03:22 PM Wrote:Sight alignment, trigger control, squeeze not jerk, eyes open.

Good luck. 

Hydrate.  :)

Occhi
[right][snapback]86838[/snapback][/right]
... and exhale when squeezing , you'll get better score ;)

I wish you Health and Wellness Tai !! :D
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
TaMeOlta,Aug 24 2005, 04:17 AM Wrote:... and exhale when squeezing , you'll get better score  ;)

I wish you Health and Wellness Tai !!  :D
[right][snapback]87085[/snapback][/right]

While firing on the exhale is more stable than during the inhale, the natural pause between the exhale and the start of the next inhale is the most stable. ;)
The Bill of No Rights
Hi,

jahcs,Aug 24 2005, 07:31 AM Wrote:While firing on the exhale is more stable than during the inhale, the natural pause between the exhale and the start of the next inhale is the most stable. ;)
[right][snapback]87099[/snapback][/right]
Whatever works, works :)

For me, the best success comes from "inhale, let some out, shoot, go back to regular breathing." Except with a shotgun, of course. But that's a zen thing. ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?