What does this guy wear?
[Image: WoW_Exploration_01.jpg]

I've got these two screenshots of a guy in WOW who is apparently a Human Rogue wearing some beautiful leather equipment and wielding a very neat weapon (sword). Since I'm not very familiar with the looks of the WOW leather stuff, I need the help of the folks here who know (exactly) what this guy's wearing (note that the shoulders are different in picture 1 and 2), and what that weapon is :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
When was that taken? Recently? That looks like the old models for the Bloodfang Armor, but those supposedly changed in 1.6. Since I don't play a rogue, much less have a tier 2 epic set, I can't comment, but it sure looks like Bloodfang to me.

I have no idea on the sword though.

Edit: Here's a shot of the Bloodfang Armor: http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=16832
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
The sword looks identical to the Runeblade of Baron Rivendare. Problem is, that's a two-handed sword. So, either he's been playing with textures, or it's a Warrior :)

Or there could be a one-handed sword that shares the same model and texture. I dunno.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
There was a one handed sword that looked like that in beta. Not certain where it dropped or what it was but I have one of the screenies from the Beta site with a dwarf holding the weapon.
Artega,Aug 16 2005, 06:52 PM Wrote:The sword looks identical to the Runeblade of Baron Rivendare.  Problem is, that's a two-handed sword.  So, either he's been playing with textures, or it's a Warrior :)

Or there could be a one-handed sword that shares the same model and texture.  I dunno.
[right][snapback]86257[/snapback][/right]
Right. That could be a Warrior too, and therefore the other equipment is most likely Mail armor :) Plate would be thicker. The shots are from the "WOW Exploration Movie" which was filmed before release, I think. Any idea which Mail armor that could be?

EDIT: Just checked the above link: http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=16832 .

This seems to be indeed the (pre-patch) "Bloodfang Armor". Too bad they changed the look since 1.6, because it looked way better before IMO.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Aug 16 2005, 10:59 AM Wrote:Just checked the above link: http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=16832 .

This seems to be indeed the (pre-patch) "Bloodfang Armor". Too bad they changed the look since 1.6, because it looked way better before IMO.
[right][snapback]86260[/snapback][/right]

To each his own, I suppose. The graphics for the old Bloodfang were basicly placeholder skins. You can find generic leathers that give almost the same graphics. Kind of dissapointing to have full purple gear, and look the same as the 40th level guy in greens standing next to you.

Personally, I think the new Bloodfang looks much better. It really feels "Epic".

TheLuminaire.net
TheLuminaire,Aug 16 2005, 07:21 PM Wrote:You can find generic leathers that give almost the same graphics.  Kind of dissapointing to have full purple gear, and look the same as the 40th level guy in greens standing next to you.
[right][snapback]86264[/snapback][/right]
Any idea which generic, "green" leather armor would look like the "old" Bloodfang set pieces?
nobbie,Aug 16 2005, 11:57 AM Wrote:Any idea which generic, "green" leather armor would look like the "old" Bloodfang set pieces?
[right][snapback]86273[/snapback][/right]

I'll have to check, but I know I played frequently with a rogue friend of mine who looked very similar to that, and he was just breaking 50; I know he had mostly greens still.

I'll see what I can find out.

TheLuminaire.net
The shoulders in the first pic look like my Undead Rogues Shadowcraft set piece , except for the colour .
Take care