Use the meeting stone!
[Image: 20050810.jpg]
[center][Image: anfertline.gif]
DeviantArt ~*~ SheezyArt ~*~ LiveJournal [/center]
Moved out of the Meeting Stone to the Crossroads as it wasn't server specific discussion. Alanis Morrisette Ironic. :blink: :lol:
It's so funny because it's so true. NOBODY uses meeting stones. Which just amazes me considering you can now access them from INNKEEPERS, and they're STILL not used.

I mean, WTF. From bloody Ironforge you can get into Scarlet Monastery groups, using the Innkeeper. And nobody bothers.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Tal,Aug 16 2005, 10:02 AM Wrote:Alanis Morrisette Ironic.  :blink:  :lol:
[right][snapback]86210[/snapback][/right]

No that is not Alanis Morisseette irony, that is actual irony. Alanis Morrisette irony is really just suckitude... rain on your wedding day is not irony; it just sucks. 10,000 spoons when you need a knife is not irony; it just sucks.

Sorry I hate Alanis Morrisette songs, but I liked her in Dogma. I mean, she barely spoke and didn't sing, so she was great. Okay, I'm done now.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Meeting stones would be useful if you could say something like:

53 Restoration Druid would like tank practice in any of the following:
BRD, Shadowforge key and Incendius, not interested in Jailbreak.
Sunken Temple, all quests done but want to farm the ring bosses for their drops.
Zul'Farrak, 5-man for troll rush and Ghar'zilla.
Maraudon, Princess run
Dire Maul East, Web and key.

But you can't. You can't even mark yourself as interested in multiple dungeons. So the Ironforge/Orgrimmar LFG channels get spammed.

I think meeting stones should work more like this: On using a meeting stone you get presented with a screen containing several tabs. The first is "your ad" - this has a list of all the dungeons in the game, letting you tick the ones you're interested in, and have space for a bit of text so you can describe what you're after. There are also options here about what conditions to display your ad under - so you can for instance tell it not to show your ad if you are already in a group and are not the leader, or are the leader of a full group, or are in an instance, or are offline, or to show it only to members of selected guilds ('don't forget MC on Saturday!'). You can cancel your ad from anywhere and the text is remembered for the next time you raise one. The other tabs, one per dungeon, show you all the ads from people who have marked themselves as interested in that dungeon, with class and level, again filterable by a range of conditions. Invitations to group are done manually, with invite and whisper buttons by each ad you view.
DastardlyStar,Aug 16 2005, 08:36 AM Wrote:[Image: 20050810.jpg]
[right][snapback]86204[/snapback][/right]

If only they'd been in from launch.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Bolty,Aug 16 2005, 04:11 PM Wrote:It's so funny because it's so true.  NOBODY uses meeting stones.  Which just amazes me considering you can now access them from INNKEEPERS, and they're STILL not used.

I mean, WTF.  From bloody Ironforge you can get into Scarlet Monastery groups, using the Innkeeper.  And nobody bothers.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]86300[/snapback][/right]

I thought it was quite funny how there was such an outcry for a way to get in a BG Queue from town, so they didn't have to walk all the way to Ashenvale/Alterac. Now everyone uses those, but still no meeting stone love, even though the principle is the same. :wacko:
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
TheLuminaire,Aug 17 2005, 09:38 AM Wrote:I thought it was quite funny how there was such an outcry for a way to get in a BG Queue from town, so they didn't have to walk all the way to Ashenvale/Alterac.  Now everyone uses those, but still no meeting stone love, even though the principle is the same. :wacko:

The thing about dungeons is that there's more of a need to get the right balance of player types. You need a tank, at least one healer and maybe two, a couple of dps classes, etc. With the meeting stone, though, you get stuck with whoever shows up. It'd be a lot better if you could actually see a list of the people in the queue and pick and choose people. Also, it'd be good if people who get invites could see who they're being invited to first before being put into the group. Finally, I think Warlock's on the right page that it'd be nice to be able to join the queues for multiple instances and be able to input a little personalized text to go with it.
MongoJerry,Aug 17 2005, 02:21 PM Wrote:With the meeting stone, though, you get stuck with whoever shows up.[right][snapback]86395[/snapback][/right]
Yes, because nobody's using them. The Meeting Stones are supposed to group people into proper matchups. But they don't because even getting 5 people using one at once is amazing in itself, so you wind up getting stuck with whomever shows up.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Aug 17 2005, 01:56 PM Wrote:Yes, because nobody's using them.  The Meeting Stones are supposed to group people into proper matchups.  But they don't because even getting 5 people using one at once is amazing in itself, so you wind up getting stuck with whomever shows up.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]86415[/snapback][/right]

That was my understanding as well; I believe there is some logic and such behind the Meeting Stone scripting. It was supposed to work much like the AMM system in WC3, where you get matched with other people around your 'skill level'. But since it doesn't have a large pool to choose from, you get stuck with nothin'.
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net