So um yeah
So yeah. Sorry if I freaked anyone out tonight, but well I did have to go crawl into a corner, in the dark for awhile. I don't know why.

Panic attacks after that just trying to start up WoW, though I'm not having any problems with Treesh testing it out on the cobbled together box (her power supply died this morning and took the motherboard or her processor with it, still haven't tested fully, so instead of an Asus A7N8X with an XP 2500+ and 1GB of DDR 333 RAM it's an Asus A7M266 with a XP 2000+ and 1GB od DDR 266 RAM, which really isn't that much weaker). So yeah, I don't know when/if I'll be playing WoW again. Never have known what is wrong, still don't.

As a general update my reactions are very different now. I generally don't get panic attack heart racing reactions anymore. But I get really twitchy. I start to stutter. Heck I feel like Rain Man actually. Don't know why.

Razors (electric and blade) still give me the heebie jeebies but I was able to use the trimmer to get the moustache out of my mouth, though it was a shakey deal (my facial hair is starting to curl a bit at the length it's at and the moustache was long enough that the hair was curling around the upper lip).

Work still isn't happening. My hopes on that were a bit ambitious I guess. I'm running out of leave time as well.

WoW has no addictive or escapism feelings right now, which is good. I've been stepping away from it more lately anyway. But right now I don't know when I'll be able to play again and that's fine. It's just a game. Panic attacks are not fine so I'll avoid the character select screen trigger for a bit, whatever that means.

So I'm still day to day. You guys are still cool. Life goes on.

Rain Man signing off for a bit. This post has started to get me a bit twitchy.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I send my love. <3GG

I am no doctor, and I know very little about your illness and symptoms. However! I am nonetheless going to lend my wisdom!

I used to get migraines frequently; a few times a week. I also spend an enormous chunk of my day in front of computer screens. I work as a web developer/designer, so 8 hours a day I'm staring at code, and the rest of the time is spent staring at WoW, my photographs, my personal websites, and of course, the Lounge. I would wager that I spend, at most, one hour a day away from computers. Weary eyes for the win!

Anyway, the moral of my story is this. I bought an LCD monitor at the same time my office did, and the change was wonderful. I have used CRTs for fifteen years (and I am only 19, holy crap!), but the switch to LCD has seemed to make an impact on my migraines. They have dropped to one a month.

Could your panic attacks have anything to do with visual strain?
The error occurred on line -1.
Zippyy,Aug 15 2005, 07:58 AM Wrote:I send my love.&nbsp; <3GG

I am no doctor, and I know very little about your illness and symptoms.&nbsp; However!&nbsp; I am nonetheless going to lend my wisdom!

I used to get migraines frequently; a few times a week.&nbsp; I also spend an enormous chunk of my day in front of computer screens.&nbsp; I work as a web developer/designer, so 8 hours a day I'm staring at code, and the rest of the time is spent staring at WoW, my photographs, my personal websites, and of course, the Lounge.&nbsp; I would wager that I spend, at most, one hour a day away from computers.&nbsp; Weary eyes for the win!

Anyway, the moral of my story is this.&nbsp; I bought an LCD monitor at the same time my office did, and the change was wonderful.&nbsp; I have used CRTs for fifteen years (and I am only 19, holy crap!), but the switch to LCD has seemed to make an impact on my migraines.&nbsp; They have dropped to one a month.

Could your panic attacks have anything to do with visual strain?
[right][snapback]86001[/snapback][/right]

Doubtful on the visual strain.

I'm also a migraine sufferer though they are very sporadic, had lots of them in February, though I've finally found meds that can control them, haven't had one since May now. Average about 8-14 a year though so eh.

Might be that I haven't been taking my meds. Don't have a daily pill holder thing and I honestly forget if I have taken them or not, it's bad to take to much of the med though so if I can't remember I don't take another one. So Treesh will get me one of the pill thingies today and she will help make sure I take them.

Still can't launch WoW on my machine right now. So doesn't look like Molten Core round 2 will happen tonight for me. :(
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Aug 15 2005, 07:39 AM Wrote:Might be that I haven't been taking my meds.&nbsp; Don't have a daily pill holder thing and I honestly forget if I have taken them or not, it's bad to take to much of the med though so if I can't remember I don't take another one.&nbsp; So Treesh will get me one of the pill thingies today and she will help make sure I take them.
[right][snapback]86011[/snapback][/right]
My mom has one of those things (she has to take a variety of pills for high blood pressure and the like) and I think it makes things MUCH easier on her. :)
-TheDragoon