Question on accounts expiring
... and I did not forget how to google. :)
How long does it take Blizzard to delete my WoW accout data after I stop paying? A friend mentioned 20 days, but I cannot find the info anywhere.

When I bought WoW, I knew there would be a stretch of three weeks during which I could not play (pesky RL, heh), so I took the 10 day guest pass first (didn't even touch my free month, would have been a waste of money). But I certainly do not want my lvl 28 mage to disappear before I can resume this addiction.

Before someone yells at me: I looked up the EULA, FAQ, readme, WoW site etc. If I am just being blind, feel free to yell, but point me in the right direction afterwards. ;)
"Ignoring is also a kind of understanding." - Christian Mai
Tsunami,Aug 13 2005, 04:13 PM Wrote:How long does it take Blizzard to delete my WoW accout data after I stop paying?
[right][snapback]85921[/snapback][/right]
I can't tell you where I got this from, but my understanding has been that the data from a subscription character will never be deleted. You are supposed to be free to take a month(s) off and then come back and pick up where you left off. Please correct me if I am wrong. I may need to know myself one day.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Aug 13 2005, 04:50 PM Wrote:I can't tell you where I got this from, but my understanding has been that the data from a subscription character will never be deleted.  You are supposed to be free to take a month(s) off and then come back and pick up where you left off.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  I may need to know myself one day.
[right][snapback]85925[/snapback][/right]
According to their billing support, you are correct Loch. And more chatter about it. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
D'oh, that's what you get for not checking BILLING. :whistling: Thought it would be somewhere in the terms of usage or something...
I found an old forum post on this issue yesterday, but it was from the Beta era. Anyway, thanks alot!

(I guess a bit of yelling would have been ok. ;))
So, if I have a subscription account, my characters wil NEVER be deleted until the game WOW isn't supported anymore (in 100 years)? :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
:D That seems to be the implication.

I checked the german WoW site again, and there seems to be no equivalent page to the one that Treesh linked; the billing suppport part is lacking that portion.
So all users of foreign language versions have to check the US page when it comes to questions.