Another Gaming Death in South Korea
Just think if America traded cultures with S Korea we could have 15000 game related deaths a year instead of gun related. I have to admit i have a small bit of awkward respect for anyone that dies playing a game.
Morbidity aside, I wouldn't really mind watching Starcraft being played by people in awkward uniforms in large stadiums on TV. ;)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
kandrathe,Aug 11 2005, 11:38 AM Wrote:A healthy human can go 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water and 3 weeks without food.
[right][snapback]85744[/snapback][/right]
I once held my breath for four minutes. :ph34r:

--Copadope
Copadope,Aug 12 2005, 04:55 PM Wrote:I once held my breath for four minutes.  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]85877[/snapback][/right]

And you were timing yourself all along? ;)
Pete,Aug 10 2005, 08:21 AM Wrote:Hi,
You're being entirely too harsh.  Perhaps he was a registered organ donor.  At the very least, he served as an example of what not to do.

;)

--Pete
[right][snapback]85669[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, I needed a laugh.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Archon_Wing,Aug 12 2005, 08:49 PM Wrote:And you were timing yourself all along? ;)
[right][snapback]85883[/snapback][/right]
Yup. It was for a biology experiment in high school. The instructions said "hold your breath for as long as you can."

It was an odd experience... Once I got past the feeling of "OMG if I don't breath right now I will surely die!" it got easier. My diaphragm just started going on its own trying force air into my lungs and I just had to concentrate on keeping my airway closed.

I wouldn't recommend it though. I imagine I lost a few brain cells and my chest was sore for a day or two afterward.

--Copadope
Copadope,Aug 15 2005, 09:53 PM Wrote:Yup. It was for a biology experiment in high school. The instructions said "hold your breath for as long as you can."

It was an odd experience... Once I got past the feeling of "OMG if I don't breath right now I will surely die!" it got easier. My diaphragm just started going on its own trying force air into my lungs and I just had to concentrate on keeping my airway closed.

I wouldn't recommend it though. I imagine I lost a few brain cells and my chest was sore for a day or two afterward.
[right][snapback]86114[/snapback][/right]

it's actually possible to hold your breath for much longer than that but it requires lots of personal discipline and practice regulating your circulation with meditative techniques.
Copadope,Aug 15 2005, 07:53 PM Wrote:Yup. It was for a biology experiment in high school. The instructions said "hold your breath for as long as you can."

[right][snapback]86114[/snapback][/right]

What a dangerous experiment. Had you held it longer, you may have made several million dollars, if you get where I'm going. ;)
Chesspiece_face,Aug 11 2005, 06:49 PM Wrote:Just think if America traded cultures with S Korea we could have 15000 game related deaths a year instead of gun related.  I have to admit i have a small bit of awkward respect for anyone that dies playing a game.
[right][snapback]85797[/snapback][/right]
Each year in the US 8.7 people die per 1000, of those .02 are killed by firearms, another .02 are murdered by other means, while .155 are killed in automobile accidents, and 3.22 die from cancer. I'm offering a little perspective.

http://www.nationmaster.com/

From my prior analysis of gun violence in my nearby large city, the bulk of the handful of murders each year are either gang/drug turf battles, or domestic violence (usually related to substance abuse). My proposition is that violence in general in our society is related to poverty and the bad choice of crime or drugs(either using or selling) as an escape from poverty.

The grass will be greener in the other nations statistics as long as there is no economic draught, but when 23 million hungry North Koreans stampede southward I'll be glad to be living here by the Canadians.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]