Is the ladder being reset?
I figured that a new patch would mean a reset ladder, but I cant find anything about it.
Ghostiger,Aug 4 2005, 12:00 AM Wrote:I figured that a new patch would mean a reset ladder, but I cant find anything about it.
[right][snapback]85101[/snapback][/right]

You just answered your own question. There is no information about a forthcoming ladder reset, which means there is no forthcoming ladder reset.
DeeBye,Aug 3 2005, 11:38 PM Wrote:You just answered your own question.  There is no information about a forthcoming ladder reset, which means there is no forthcoming ladder reset.
[right][snapback]85104[/snapback][/right]

It already happened, did it not? The player ladder now shows characters under level 99 if you scroll down. I'm a bit out of the diablo 2 loop currently, so I apologize if this is incorrect.

Cheers,

Munk
Munkay,Aug 4 2005, 10:03 AM Wrote:It already happened, did it not?  The player ladder now shows characters under level 99 if you scroll down.  I'm a bit out of the diablo 2 loop currently, so I apologize if this is incorrect.

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]85142[/snapback][/right]
No, there was no reset.
Just not too many players with interest in running a character to level 99, after the first ones made it there.
DeeBye,Aug 3 2005, 09:38 PM Wrote:You just answered your own question.  There is no information about a forthcoming ladder reset, which means there is no forthcoming ladder reset.
[right][snapback]85104[/snapback][/right]

I bet that they will reset relatively soon. I think they released the patch without a reset, so people can sort of beta test it on Bnet. Once everything is determined to be working fine, I think they will reset it..... or so I hope. Then again, I have not played D2 in ages, so why would I even care? Oh well.

-A
Ashock,Aug 4 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote:I bet that they will reset relatively soon. I think they released the patch without a reset, so people can sort of beta test it on Bnet. Once everything is determined to be working fine, I think they will reset it..... or so I hope. Then again, I have not played D2 in ages, so why would I even care? Oh well.
-A
[right][snapback]85152[/snapback][/right]

I don't know, they may NOT reset the ladder. It's been long enough, with few enough 99's popping out that they may not feel it's worth it.
Well the ladder wasnt reset after the last big dupe "hack" was it?
Ghostiger,Aug 4 2005, 12:32 PM Wrote:Well the ladder wasnt reset after the last big dupe "hack" was it?
[right][snapback]85187[/snapback][/right]

Referring to...?

I do know that there is no mh and no functional bots right now, so if you want relatively cheat free, now's the time to get.
SetBuilder,Aug 4 2005, 01:20 PM Wrote:I don't know, they may NOT reset the ladder. It's been long enough, with few enough 99's popping out that they may not feel it's worth it.
[right][snapback]85183[/snapback][/right]

There is no reason for them *not* to reset it. They will at least temporarily rekindle some people's interest in the game and might actually get some sales out of it. The last time they reset the realms and came out with 1.10, I think D2 jumped into the top 10 games sold for a while. It's free money, so why not do it?

-A
Ladder reset has been announced:
August 4, 2005 Diablo 2: Ladder Reset Announced - XG3
Right on the heels of our new Patch 1.11 comes the next great Ladder season for Diablo 2. Got what it takes to be the first to climb to the top of the Ladder? Hardcore players ready to be number 1 and stay on top? The new Ladder season for Diablo 2 will commence, starting this Monday, August 8th.
The current season will not end til the weekend is over, so get out there and clash blades with Diablo, Mephisto and Baal before it all ends!

For more information on the Diablo 2 Ladder, check out our D2 FAQ.

Okay, here's the Billion Gold-Piece question:

Will they finally get rid of the discrepancy between ladder and non-ladder characters?

I mean, will non-ladder be able to use all of the runewords and cube recipes?

Like thousands of other players, I just plug along at my own speed. My highest level charater in current ladder is 76. I checked last night, and my highest level non-ladder character is also 76. That seems to be about as far as I get, at the rate I play.

I don't care that much about the dupes and whatever other cheating goes on in public games, since I have a very simple fix. I never play with people I don't know.
I never trade for anything, not even with people I know anymore. Trade channels makle my brain hurt. Communicating with most traders makes my brain hurt a lot.

I really want to continue to use my existing charaacters, and have no interest in being one of the possible 8,800 characters on the ladder. I just want to play the game, with all the features that they put in it.

-rcv-
channel1,Aug 4 2005, 09:44 PM Wrote:Ladder reset has been announced:
August 4, 2005 Diablo 2: Ladder Reset Announced - XG3
The new Ladder season for Diablo 2 will commence, starting this Monday, August 8th.
[right][snapback]85214[/snapback][/right]

Oh great. I start my holidays on Monday :angry:

Don't get too far ahead of me while I'm gone okay guys?
DeeBye,Aug 4 2005, 08:47 PM Wrote:Oh great.  I start my holidays on Monday  :angry:

Don't get too far ahead of me while I'm gone okay guys?

I'll wait for ya Deebye. What else are mates for? :P

Cheers,

Munk
Munkay,Aug 4 2005, 11:14 PM Wrote:I'll wait for ya Deebye.  What else are mates for?  :P

[right][snapback]85221[/snapback][/right]

You'd better have a +3 Raise Skeleton/+3 Skeleton Mastery wand and a +3 Raise Skeleton/+3 Skeleton Mastery shrunken head waiting for me when I return, otherwise I am going to be PISSED! :angry:

Oh, and some Perfect Topazes kthx bye :blush:
Naturally, I'm right as usual.

It is difficult to be so right, so often......

-A
Ashock,Aug 5 2005, 01:10 AM Wrote:Naturally, I'm right as usual.
It is difficult to be so right, so often......
-A
[right][snapback]85229[/snapback][/right]
I need to choose some numbers for a lottery draw. I'm thinking 2, 6, 12, 23, 34, 41, but my wife disagrees.
DeeBye,Aug 4 2005, 10:17 PM Wrote:I need to choose some numbers for a lottery draw.  I'm thinking 2, 6, 12, 23, 34, 41, but my wife disagrees.
[right][snapback]85231[/snapback][/right]

I don't do lottery. I specialize only in useless things.

-A
Owned by Blizzard.
Ashock,Aug 5 2005, 10:28 AM Wrote:I specialize only in useless things.
-A

I'll hold my tongue. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*