Titan Quest
I've recently returned home to my parents house, and while poking around the magazines I found a Computer Games magazine. Taking it as some good quality bathroom reading, I was poking through the pages and stumbled upon a small article about a new game called Titan Quest.

I looked it up online, and this new release (due out in Spring 2006) looks like a diablo 2 with a nice facelift. To everyone that is repulsed by the idea, feel free to stop reading this post here. For anyone else who is on the train with me, full steam ahead!

The street cred name:
Quote:From the co-creator of Age of Empires, Brian Sullivan, comes an all-new action role-playing game.

The setting:
Quote:Set in the mythical worlds of ancient Greece and Egypt.

The storyline:
Quote:The Titans, gods before the gods, have escaped from their eternal prison to wreak havoc on the world. In this titanic struggle between old and new gods it is the heroes of humankind who will ultimately determine the fate of all existence. The player quests throughout the ancient world in a race to uncover the secrets needed to once again imprison these ancient gods. Journeying to fabled locations such as the Parthenon, the maze at Knossos, the Great Pyramids, and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the player will have to overcome terrifying monsters and mythical beasts.

Vague pre-release skill system explanation:
Quote:A flexible class system allows almost limitless ways for the player to develop their character. Skills can be customized in many ways, and never become obsolete. With addictive, fast action gameplay and tons of unique loot, epic gaming has never been so good.

Multiplayer support:
Quote:Brave the trials of Titan Quest alone or bring a group of friends to share the glory while playing through the thrilling story-driven campaign.

For Screenshots check out the official website (due to Flash I can not post the images):http://titanquestgame.com/index.html

Definitely check out the video! It includes Goatmen, a summoned Fire Golem, and Baal's evil laugh. Well, not technically, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who will think of it :whistling:.

Its a fledgling project still, and has a long way to go to prove itself. But at this point, it has the potential to be something rather enjoyable, a good solid RPG in the vein of Diablo and Diablo II. Something to keep an eye on,

Cheers,

Munk

Holy crap this game looks awesome.

edit: I don't know what was better -- when he grew to 3 times his size and kicked the crap out of those goatmen and that approaching giant orc or when he started launching fireballs. I need to play this game.
Wow. That look awesome! I'll have to pay attention to the future of that one. Thanks Munk!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Screenshots had me thinking Sacred. The video looked cooler though. Sacred was a big diappointment for me though. There is something about the simplistic locked in view point of Diablo and Diable 2 that really aid them. It's something that is just lost when you get a more truly 3D environment in all the other attempts at a clone I've tried. (Though I had fun with Darkstone). Some of the issues are gameplay and character development as well, but some of the feel goes away when you lose that interface from some reason.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.