New AV - Arathi Basin
Blizzard has a new preview up for the next AV - Arathi Basin.

It sounds like it could be cool, a 15v15 King of the Hill type deal. Caydiem says it'll be released at the same time as new "Battleground incentives" to prevent it from bleeding other BGs dry *ahem* AV *ahem*. I wonder what the incentive is and if it'll make me see AV more than once a week at most ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Aug 10 2005, 04:15 PM Wrote:Blizzard has a new preview up for the next AV - Arathi Basin.

It sounds like it could be cool, a 15v15 King of the Hill type deal.  Caydiem says it'll be released at the same time as new "Battleground incentives" to prevent it from bleeding other BGs dry *ahem* AV *ahem*.  I wonder what the incentive is and if it'll make me see AV more than once a week at most ...
[right][snapback]85676[/snapback][/right]

Chain fear for the win.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
It seems less like AV and more like WSG. And Darian, no chain fear won't work, because there are five resources that one has to try to be "king" of. Maybe call it "King of Five Hills."
MongoJerry,Aug 10 2005, 01:20 PM Wrote:It seems less like AV and more like WSG.  And Darian, no chain fear won't work, because there are five resources that one has to try to be "king" of.  Maybe call it "King of Five Hills."
[right][snapback]85678[/snapback][/right]

I dunno, I think it's the other way around.

Personally, this seems like more fun than Capture the Flag, and much more likely to have an instance up than AV. I can't wait to play it.
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
More like Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting, Feign Death, Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting (after the first has expired), solo guarding a point. Meanwhile the rest of the team concentrates on killing the biggest concentration of opponents and assisting when the CC is about to expire. One player potentially CCing up to three other players until backup can arrive - most handy!

Long duration DoTs (preventing channelling) at kite range might work well too.

An enemy player alive with a DoT just out of casting range (but at a known location) will often be worth more than a dead enemy player. Same as a slowed caster out of mana in WSG...

But yeah, it looks fun. I may make Stone Guard sometime this year yet!
Olon97,Aug 10 2005, 05:35 PM Wrote:More like Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting, Feign Death, Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting (after the first has expired), solo guarding a point.
[right][snapback]85681[/snapback][/right]

Just think ... that could be easily countered, if only Flare was visable. Yes, I'm bitter. I got lazy and got caught in a Freezing Trap in AV the other day, death. About 5 minutes later, saw the same trap there - but no player in sight. Went to go disarm the trap, and Flare was still there, even though no player was in sight. Some Warlock spots me and then 3 get right next to me and pummel - death again.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
It will be interesting to see if there is one GY for each side or multiple. 5 "resources" were probably implemented so that even the losing side would get some CP, so as to encourage participation and prevent the /afk out phenomenon, since even in losing you will be able to get some CP. So having 5 points would be seemingly enough to prevent people from completrely taking over the map, as 3 people (with no guard backup) would never be able to take on 15.. Right?

But with one graveyard per side, there is a natural chokepoint, which will allow teams to essentially camp the other team in their own GY. Oops. Back to /afk out! I hope I am wrong, and there is either more graveyards, or some other way to prevent this.
Sounds a lot like Conquest from Battlefield 1942 and other games.

I'm still waiting on an Onslaught adaptation :)

Mutant would be fun, too.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
MongoJerry,Aug 10 2005, 05:20 PM Wrote:And Darian, no chain fear won't work, because there are five resources that one has to try to be "king" of.  Maybe call it "King of Five Hills."
[right][snapback]85678[/snapback][/right]

A party of 15 hordies enters AB. The party consists of five priests, five warlocks, and five warriors. They split off into five groups -- one member of each class per group -- and hunt down the five resource points.

Damn near guarantee they can hold three of them long enough to win, unless their competition is nothing but rogues and hunters...
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Aug 10 2005, 08:15 PM Wrote:A party of 15 hordies enters AB.  The party consists of five priests, five warlocks, and five warriors.  They split off into five groups -- one member of each class per group -- and hunt down the five resource points.

Damn near guarantee they can hold three of them long enough to win, unless their competition is nothing but rogues and hunters...
[right][snapback]85711[/snapback][/right]

I think that's pretty optimistic for Horde of any server. Sure, you might get a guild raid every now and then. but I find the situation you've outlined highly idealisitc. Or maybe highly fatalisitc, if you're playing Alliance vs. that. :D
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
Darian,Aug 10 2005, 09:15 PM Wrote:A party of 15 hordies enters AB.  The party consists of five priests, five warlocks, and five warriors.  They split off into five groups -- one member of each class per group -- and hunt down the five resource points.

Sheep the warrior, silence and ambush/stun/kill the priest, kill the warlock, kill the warrior. It would be very easy to kill a group like that. Don't forget that the other side also has their fears, sheeps, stuns, charms, entangled roots, etc. of their own. Also don't forget that warriors have their immunity to fear ability plus there are anti-fear trinkets, Fear Ward, and Will of the Forsaken. Also, remember that priest fear only works at roughly melee range, so it'll only fear a couple of people if the priest charges right at them.