Party Strategy Guide
Hi again Treesh,

Thank you and Darian, Gnollguy and Skandranon for the thoughts. I am hearing many approaches on when to use AoE. I do seem to be on the conversative side, but I think that's a good place to be for this guide. I see it as a beginner guide to advanced strategy so it should be fairly low risk. People will no doubt push the evnelope as they become more comfortable.

Treesh,Aug 2 2005, 11:16 AM Wrote:It still just comes down to feel.  If the tank has gotten some lucky crits on sweeping strikes or cleave or even just on auto-attack, he can call a little earlier.  If the tank has been missing like crazy, he needs to wait.
This quote leads me to believe that we're talking about two different things. In the guide, I meant for the puller to decide in which fights the group would use AoE. You're not saying the warrior should decide if AoE should be used, you're saying the warrior should decide when AoE should start. I completely agree and I'll include something that says no AoE is done until the primary tanks says so.

It also appears that I need to expand the AoE guidelines, perhaps mention it in the puller section, the tanking section and the damage section.

Brian
kandrathe,Aug 3 2005, 05:46 PM Wrote:Using EoTB, needs to be done in conjunction with "Stay".  I tend to have the pet jump down first, then "Stay", drop EoTB, then jump down myself, and return it to "Follow" mode.  If you forget to use "Stay" the pet will try to run back to you and undo that marvelous EoTB work.[right][snapback]85044[/snapback][/right]

Speaking of EotB, this is how we end up pulling quite a few of the mobs in Molten Core; those poor, brave pets sacrificing themselves to pull lava packs or Baron Geddon/Shazzrah out of their rooms through the passage back to Garr's room, whereupon the rest of the raid piles in and the hunter falls over until it's safe to get up ;-)

With the nasty stun and fire attacks the lava packs have, this is by far the safest way of pulling (from the raid party's point of view, not the pet...); it's very long distance, it works round corners and if the pull goes wrong it can be aborted very quickly usually without a single death, and certainly without a wipe. Although we did briefly consider whether to take Geddon and Shazzrah on at the same time...
You don't know what you're talking about.