Now this is politics
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../w115220D22.DTL

My favorite quote:

Quote:"I think it's absolutely ridiculous," she said. "They're just doing it for spite."

Out of spite? But it's eminent domain! It's for the good of society! Souter should be happy to give his house up! It's for the good of all!
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Well, I suppose that's one way to make a point.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
And this thread differs from the Ye Olde Eminent Domain Debate thread because... ?
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I hope they do it. "Out of spite"? Damn right!
Reminds me of the time Rick Mercer (for those outside of Canada, a prominent political satirist) tried to get a referendum to force Stockwell Day (the then-leader of the Canadian Alliance, and proponent of citizen-led referenda) to change his name to "Doris".

Needless to say, there are a lot of things that sound like good ideas, so long as they don't actually affect you.

Jester
Good for him.