Seeking Assistance with Paladin Epic Mount Quest
Hey gang - Sharanna has finally been cajoled into starting her Epic Mount quest. I've slowly started to collect the gold needed and will probably hit Stratholme some more for more Stratholme waters. She's even gotten lucky and received a Pristine Black Diamond from her sister Shalandrax. Unfortunately the quest also requires 6 arcanite bars and a Azerothian Diamond.

This is where the problem enters. Sharanna is an enchanter/tailoress, Shalandrax is a herbalist/alchemist. My other alts aren't big enough to mine thorium. Now those of you who are on Stormrage know that I am notoriously bad about any kind of labor to acquire gold in the game preferring instead to let it build up as I do quests, sell trash, etc. So it will be some time before Sharanna has the minimum gold the quest needs (350). Having found the Pristine Black Diamond saves me some gold (350 iirc) but the arcanite bars will be an additional expense to purchase on the AH in the current market. My hope is that if some of the guild miners had spare thorium bars and arcanite bars that they could send Shalandrax to transmute to supplement the arcanite I will be buying slowly on the AH. Not certain when I would be able to pay folks back for the crystals and bars so I will offer the services of Shalandrax as maintank and Sharanna as offtank/backup healer for groupings if that helps. :) I can also make big health potions on Shalandrax or even farm kingsblood for faction. :)
Unfortunately I can't really help with any of the pure resources that are needed. I can, if desired, use my transmutes up with Mitzy to get some more Arcanite Bars going sooner.

Other than that, I offer my services and gold (what I have, at least :P) up for anything you wish to purchase to speed up the process :)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Jul 19 2005, 04:44 PM Wrote:Unfortunately I can't really help with any of the pure resources that are needed.  I can, if desired, use my transmutes up with Mitzy to get some more Arcanite Bars going sooner.

Other than that, I offer my services and gold (what I have, at least :P) up for anything you wish to purchase to speed up the process :)
[right][snapback]83866[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Quark :)
Tal,Jul 19 2005, 04:15 PM Wrote:She's even gotten lucky and received a Pristine Black Diamond from her sister Shalandrax. Unfortunately the quest also requires 6 arcanite bars and a Azerothian Diamond.

[right][snapback]83865[/snapback][/right]

Thanks to Kandrathe for the Azerothian diamond and to Quark for one arcanite bar and 5 thorium bars, Sharanna is only short 5 arcane crystals. If you happen to have a spare one lying around or desire a guard while you mine, look me up. :)
Tal,Jul 21 2005, 08:57 AM Wrote:Thanks to Kandrathe for the Azerothian diamond and to Quark for one arcanite bar and 5 thorium bars, Sharanna is only short 5 arcane crystals. If you happen to have a spare one lying around or desire a guard while you mine, look me up. :)
[right][snapback]83987[/snapback][/right]

I'm working on the crystals. The 4 rich thorium veins I hit last night were pretty awful though producing a total of 9 thorium and 2 dense stone. I was not a happy little miner to find that many veins in an hour and half and to get so little from them. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Tal,Jul 21 2005, 06:57 AM Wrote:Thanks to Kandrathe for the Azerothian diamond and to Quark for one arcanite bar and 5 thorium bars, Sharanna is only short 5 arcane crystals. If you happen to have a spare one lying around or desire a guard while you mine, look me up. :)

Lissanna needs to go do some mining, so I'll see what I can dredge up (since I have the day off tomorrow... ;) )
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Might I recommend DM-East runs for mining, DE fodder, and gold for all.
Drasca,Jul 22 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:Might I recommend DM-East runs for mining, DE fodder, and gold for all.
[right][snapback]84059[/snapback][/right]

Good suggestion. :)
Drasca,Jul 22 2005, 08:29 AM Wrote:Might I recommend DM-East runs for mining, DE fodder, and gold for all.
[right][snapback]84059[/snapback][/right]

Don't forget cresent keys for those that still need them along with chances at living essence and felcloth.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Tal,Jul 21 2005, 09:57 AM Wrote:Thanks to Kandrathe for the Azerothian diamond and to Quark for one arcanite bar and 5 thorium bars, Sharanna is only short 5 arcane crystals. If you happen to have a spare one lying around or desire a guard while you mine, look me up. :)

Thanks to Gooze's generosity Sharanna is only short 1 arcane crystal or arcanite bar short. She will then need to grab 4 more holy stratholme waters and 150ish gold and I'm good to star the quest portion of the quests. ;)
Tal,Jul 26 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:Thanks to Gooze's generosity Sharanna is only short 1 arcane crystal or arcanite bar short. She will then need to grab 4 more holy stratholme waters and 150ish gold and I'm good to star the quest portion of the quests. ;)
[right][snapback]84409[/snapback][/right]

Thanks to Skandranon I've got my last arcanite bar and am now ready for gold farming and Stratholme runs for holy water. :)
All materials have been scrounged up. Thanks all for being patient while I hogged the Stratholme crates until I got my five. Thanks also to Quark for the 25 gold loan. I'll get it back to you after I drum up another 25 gold and a possible 50 gold after that for one of the steps. Then its fun time. :)
Bah if I would have know that was all you needed I could have just handed that over when you were enchanting my new little mace. I have an off hand weapon I want an enchant on now too, maybe I can slip you the money then. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Well here we are folks. The final battle. The showdown to end the quest series. The game is in the bottom of the 9th and the score is...ah hell. I'm on the last fight which involves a fight in Stratholme. I've read a few online guides here and here and its become clear that I need at least 2 paladins to do the waves of the fight at the end, that 3 is a bit "easier" and that 4 is gravy. The unfortunate side effect is that getting to Rattlegore's room with 4 paladins could be a uniquely frustrating experience. So here is my thoughts. Round up a group of the usual suspects behind Shal or Gnolack and enter Scholo about 8pm server time. Blast through and clear Rattlegore's room. Shal exits and Shar enters and makes here way to the room. If I can get two of our allied paladins to come in then I would need two folks willing to leave in favor of them. The healer and Quark (if he is available - think he said he was) remain and we rock the casbah.

What do you think? Who is interested in being the first wave of instance slaughterers? More importantly is any priest interested in staying the course with me?

X-Posted to CA
Tal,Aug 8 2005, 07:36 AM Wrote:What do you think? Who is interested in being the first wave of instance slaughterers? More importantly is any priest interested in staying the course with me?

X-Posted to CA
[right][snapback]85483[/snapback][/right]

I could help out here. In one way or another. I still need to smack Gandling around more, apparently.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I could bring Silverflail if you want. However, I'll only be here tonight and tomorrow and then I'll be gone until the weekend, so if you're looking to do it Wednesday/Thursday, I won't be around. :)
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Aug 8 2005, 10:54 AM Wrote:I could bring Silverflail if you want.  However, I'll only be here tonight and tomorrow and then I'll be gone until the weekend, so if you're looking to do it Wednesday/Thursday, I won't be around.  :)
[right][snapback]85493[/snapback][/right]

Tonight be de night mon frer.
Tal,Aug 8 2005, 08:36 AM Wrote:Quark (if he is available - think he said he was)

Reporting for duty. This should get me to Revered with Argent Dawn, which means another LW recipe that's +stamina +dodge% - good Druid tanking gear. It also has the chance of netting a Specter's Blade, and while that's only marginally better than Keris and worse than Barmans, it doesn't have a DoT proc!
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Tal,Aug 8 2005, 07:36 AM Wrote:What do you think? Who is interested in being the first wave of instance slaughterers? More importantly is any priest interested in staying the course with me?

Sorry, Tal, I can't make it for tonight :( It's even more annoying to me that I can't, because I deliberately went along on some pubbie paladins' runs earlier just so I could learn the event for when you did it.
Round 1 ended in failure. Would like to make another go Wed at 7:30 pm to clear. Hoping to bring in two additional paladins at 9:00 to 9:30 ish - adverting on the Basin forums.