Faster Cast Rate
I know the formulas for FHR, FBR, and IAS, but I am having no luck finding the FCR formula. Common sense is telling me these are all very similar. Diablo2.de already has a calculator made, but unlike diabloii.nu, they do not offer an explanation in english or spanish.

If someone knows this formula, please tell. I will try to piece it together this week, but it is always nice to have it already done for you.

Edit:

I found the formula deep within the AB accompanied by mumbo jumbo which I have a hard time figuring out.

CR = {256*Base/[Animation(100+EFCR)/100]}-1

{} = round up, [] = round down

This differs from the other Faster mods because of the 100 + EFCR instead of 50 + EFxR. Now all there is left to do is find out the animation speeds of lightning and/or inferno, and the various druid forms, as well as their bases.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
Just to add some precisions :D
The formula is
FastCast Ticks= {256*Base/[Animation(100+EFCR)/100]}-1

{} = round up, [] = round down
where EffectiveFastCast is
EFC=(FastCast*120)/(FastCast+120)

EFC is capped at 75. this mean than FastCast is capped at 200

Pay attention that some skills use sequence instead of Cast Animation. This is the cas when casting Chain Lightning or Inferno.
Take a look at this thread at AB

If you like assembly, you should find all the gory details Here

regards
Well, I'm coming to the realization that I know next to nothing of computer programming.

Now about these sequences: I just don't get it. Is the SC animation = 256 in animation speed? Then SQ animation = something else?

I'm honestly completely lost in this stuff, as I'm only semi-literate in my ti-83+'s BASIC system.

You also mention something of lightning using GetHit, meaning it uses the faster hit recovery.
Quote:Lightning
EBX=COF File Name = SOGHSTF . the anim is GetHit (FastHitRecovery) ????

However, you also say it does not matter later on.
Quote:Even if the animation are différent the AnimRate is 100 (256 in decimal) for both spell

Perhaps if you could tell me how you got your versions of the lightning breakpoints through the formula, I could understand more completely.

Quote:If this is the case then breakpoint would be
FastCast --> Ticks
0 --> 18
7 --> 17
15 --> 16
23 --> 15
35 --> 14
52 --> 13
78 --> 12
117 --> 11
194 --> 10

In another thread at the AB, someone did a test to show that 36 and 37 fcr were the same speed, meaning your figures are more correct. I am very anxious to test these out, but unfortunately I'm stuck in South Dakota surrounded by Macintoshes and no D2 game at the moment.

Edit:

In a related subject, you say fcr is capped at 200 (75 efcr). Is this also effective for faster block rate and faster hit recovery?
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Jul 20 2005, 10:14 PM Wrote:You also mention something of lightning using GetHit, meaning it uses the faster hit recovery.
However, you also say it does not matter later on.
It uses GetHit Animation, but the function used is still FastCast.

whathuh,Jul 20 2005, 10:14 PM Wrote:Perhaps if you could tell me how you got your versions of the lightning breakpoints through the formula, I could understand more completely.

I have extracted the sequence animation speed and Animation lentgh.
Then this is the same formula.

whathuh,Jul 20 2005, 10:14 PM Wrote:In another thread at the AB, someone did a test to show that 36 and 37 fcr were the same speed, meaning your figures are more correct.  .
Great :)

Quote:In a related subject, you say fcr is capped at 200 (75 efcr).  Is this also effective for faster block rate and faster hit recovery?

IIRC yes

Regards
This is from the sorceress faq in the AB.
Quote:FAQ: What are the faster hit recovery breakpoints for sorceresses?:

15fr 0-4% faster hit recovery
14fr 5-8%
13fr 9-13%
12fr 14-19%
11fr 20-29%
10fr 30-41%
09fr 42-59%
08fr 60-85%
07fr 86-141%
06fr 142-279%
05fr 280+%
So this last bold portion, even though it is difficult to achieve, is still a 6 frame GetHit?

And finally, I just can't figure out what all the variables are in the formula.

The Base, from what I understand, is the base frames with 0 FCR +1. So the Base for a sorceress casting teleport is 14. EFCR is, of course, the effective FCR capped at 75. Finally, the animation is the animspeed or animrate? Usually it is simply 256, which it is for teleport, fireball, etc... There has got to be something I am missing in this formula because it does not work correctly when the Base = 20 and the Animation = 256. This is simply the Amazon's casting rate.

So what are the sequence animation speed and animation length, and where do they fit into the formula?

I tried my best to follow what EAX, EBX, ECX, EDX, animrate, animation speed, and animation length all were in your AB post, but I failed miserably.
whathuh,Jul 21 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:This is from the sorceress faq in the AB.

So this last bold portion, even though it is difficult to achieve, is still a 6 frame GetHit?
Yes you can say that. But in fact this "breakpoint" does not exist.

Quote:And finally, I just can't figure out what all the variables are in the formula.

The Base, from what I understand, is the base frames with 0 FCR +1. 
So the Base for a sorceress casting teleport is 14
Correct. This is a constant and not a variable when you know the specific COF or sequence (sorceress casting lightning spell our case)

Quote: EFCR is, of course, the effective FCR capped at 75.  Finally, the animation is the animspeed or animrate?  Usually it is simply 256, which it is for teleport, fireball, etc...
In this case this is also a constant when the COF(or sequence) is known. 256 in our case

Quote:There has got to be something I am missing in this formula because it does not work correctly when the Base = 20 and the Animation = 256.  This is simply the Amazon's casting rate.
Sorry I don't understand where is the problem ???

Quote:So what are the sequence animation speed and animation length, and where do they fit into the formula?
There is no naming convention commonly accepted :D
The sequence animation speed is 256 (Animation in your formula)
The sequence animation length is base
The animation rate of the animation should be "Animation*(100+EFCR)/100"

Quote:I tried my best to follow what EAX, EBX, ECX, EDX, animrate, animation speed, and animation length all were in your AB post, but I failed miserably.
[right][snapback]84024[/snapback][/right]
Don't worry, you don't need to learn assembly if you want to understand FastCast :lol:
It is my fault if I do not explain the assembler very well. And my poor
English really does not help. Despite all the efforts which I can make.
myrdinn,Jul 26 2005, 04:28 AM Wrote:Sorry I don't understand where is the problem ???
Ugh, I just figured it out.
If I use the Base=19 (I was using 20, because I thought lightning had a base of 19, then base+1=20) everything goes perfectly. I was confused by Rogue's post at the bottom of the AB thread, saying 35 FCR = a 15 frame lightning. Your table (and now mine) say 35 FCR = a 14 frame lightning. I though that a 'tick' was a frame -1, but apparantly it is not.

I tested 0% fcr lightning and got 19 frames (120 seconds / 150 casts * 25). So the base of the lightning spell is actually 19, not 20 as I had suspected.

I tested 0% fcr enchant and got 13 frames (120 seconds / 229 casts * 25). So the base of the enchant spell is really 14, not the base 0% fcr framerate like lightning.

THIS is what confused me so. It seems lightning does not use the 0% fcr framerate +1 as its base like SC animations do, and just uses the 0% fcr framerate as the base. Also, the formula says that 0% FCR = 18 frames. It is, in fact, 19 frames, so the formula simply does not have a -1 on the end for lightning.

I also tested each of your lightning breakpoints, and they all seem to be correct, but I did not actually gather any data on it, just that the breakpoint fcr -1 was slower than the breakpoint.

Many thanks, myrdinn, for your help on this, it was really driving me crazy. If any of my conclusions are wrong, please tell me so I can fix them.
I've been playing around a bit with all this stuff, as well as searching google and I havent been able to find a lot of stuff about FCR at all. It's quite miserable. So I did a bit of Excel work and found out the wereforms of stuff. I plan on doing more for each character (use a dagger that gives 1 to werebear, werewolf, and lightning to each char and test the cast rate of each).

So far all I have done some tests to see what the base in the FCR formula is and what the animation speed is. The first number is the base of their cast rate, and the second is the animation speed

Amazon (normal) 19 256 (given as an example, it's already known)
Amazon (lightning) 18 256
Druid (human normal) 14 208
Druid (werewolf normal) 14 229
Druid (werebear normal) 14 228

I tested out the amazon in werewolf form, and she seemed to follow the druid in werewolf form as well, which leads me to believe that everyone has the same casting speed while shapeshifted.

I'll update the rest of the forms when I finish the tests, but I just wanted to include the first 4 tests and perhaps get some comments.