Scholomance
Some of the newest crafting recipes in v1.6 call for ingredients that are hard to come by through farming mob drops(ask Quark), so rather than spend outrageous amounts of time or gold, I propose we increase our skills by getting some of our crafters through Eva's quests in Scholomance.

This will require us to 5-man Scholomance. So after reading Schooling Scholomance by MongoJerry and from what I can gather from wiki's and Thott, the quest series begins with Eva Sarkhoff in Scholomance (after listening to 9 pages of her woe).

Eva's Quests:
  1. Doctor Theolen Krastinov, the Butcher -- Find Doctor Theolen Krastinov inside the Scholomance. Destroy him, then burn the Remains of Eva Sarkhoff and the Remains of Lucien Sarkhoff. Return to Eva Sarkhoff when the task is complete.<>
  2. Krastinov's Bag of Horrors -- Locate Jandice Barov in the Scholomance and destroy her. From her corpse recover Krastinov's Bag of Horrors. Return the bag to Eva Sarkhoff.<>
  3. Kirtonos the Herald -- Return to the Scholomance with the Blood of Innocents. Find the porch and place the Blood of Innocents in the brazier. Kirtonos will come to feast upon your soul... and return to Eva Sarkhoff. (Which rewards Spectral Essence which is our objective)<>
    [st]The Spectral Essence trinket allows you to chat with the dead in Caer Darrow, namely Magnus Frostwake.

Magnus Frostwake sells;
    • Plans: Ebon Shiv<>
    • Plans: Huge Thorium Battleaxe<>
    • Plans: Ornate Thorium Handaxe<>
    • Plans: Storm Gauntlets<>
    • Recipe: Major Mana Potion<>
    • Recipe: Transmute Water to Air<>
      [st]This series also allows you to get quests from the ghost Magistrate Marduke;
      1. The Human, Ras Frostwhisper -- acquire an object from Stromgarde<>
      2. The Dying, Ras Frostwhisper -- talk to Leonid Barthalomew<>
      3. Menethil's Gift -- place the Keepsake of Rememberance upon the unholy ground in Stratholme<>
      4. Menethil's Gift -- Take the Soulbound Keepsake back to LB in EP<>
      5. Soulbound Keepsake -- Return to Magistrate Marduke<>
      6. The Lich, Ras Frostwhisper -- Kill Ras in Scholomance<>
        [st]The additional quests in Scholomance are;
        • Barov Family Fortune from Weldon Barov at Chillwind Point<>
        • Plagued Hatchlings from Betina Bigglezink from Light;s Hope Chapel
          (which leads to Healthy Dragon Scale from one of the plagued hatchlings)<>
        • Leonid Barthalomew from Tinkee Streamboil in Burning Steppes (prereqs Egg Collection from UBRS)<>
          [st]And for also for crafters, The Skin of Shadow drops in Scholomance for quests: Legplates of the Chromatic Defier , Breastplate of Bloodthirst, Leggings of Arcana.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

*jumps up and down waving arms* (sometimes it's hard to be seen amongst all the giants!)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Jul 14 2005, 03:42 PM Wrote:*jumps up and down waving arms* (sometimes it's hard to be seen amongst all the giants!)
[right][snapback]83473[/snapback][/right]

*Jumps up and down on top of Lochnar*

Hey, any extra altitude helps. :)

Pavis and Hykim available as desired.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Gnolack and Taranna are both available and I'm gonna need a break from raiding as well. I may not have the quest lines started on either of them or I may have dropped or I don't know. But that can be taken care of if need be.

I've been in a few scholo raids to help out the guild but it's a new instance for me still and that excites me.

If you have me along expect a slow pace and potentially angry GG if too much is given away about what is going to happen. Boss fights just before a goal is about to be completed are a major exception to this if a standard attack plan is likely to cause a wipe.

If others want a guided tour and it's higher success at reaching the goals and you can't get a tank or a healer then I'll go as well to help out. I just prefer to have the chance to fall on my face and learn as I go. But I also have a lot of fun helping people and I've still got DM West and parts of startholme that I have never seen so this is a trip where I can sacrifice for others easily. I realize the slower pace and potential wipes and potential to not reach a goal can be a sacrifice for others to do. So I'm flexible because others are flexible wth me. :)

But I'm being more vocal and selfish about some things is all. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Shalandrax is in as I would like to get the Warblade of Caer Darrow quest reward. (What? She's a swordwoman and its the best 2 handed sword from a quest you can get.) :)
Aleri will be needing breaks from raiding after Onyxia tonight. Very much so. 5 manning is much more fun than raids. I would like to work on some of my youngin's more, but I'll gladly heal (or DPS with Eth if needed) for any 5 mans coming up.
Intolerant monkey.
I'd love to help with this (any time but Friday or Monday nights) since I like 5 man instancing and I'd like to see someplace new. I can even probably find some of the quests for it again.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Bun-Bun,Jul 14 2005, 05: Wrote:*Jumps up and down on top of Lochnar*

Hey, any extra altitude helps. :)

Pavis and Hykim available as desired.
[right][snapback]83478[/snapback][/right]

Either Tribade or Fafner would love to go if you want them. Fafner got to be MT in a Scholomance raid about a week ago and it was quite a thrill (for her). I fear she is easily amused.

Fafner adds: "If you're a gnome, only the MT gets to see anything!"
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I'd like to check this out as well. I'm tired of raiding and need new adventures.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sunday at Noon Shalandrax would like to start the Eva quest line.
Tal,Jul 16 2005, 04:05 PM Wrote:Sunday at Noon Shalandrax would like to start the Eva quest line.
[right][snapback]83629[/snapback][/right]

Round one is done. Any interest in doing round two Tuesday or Wed night about 8 to 8:30 pm?
Tal,Jul 17 2005, 09:53 PM Wrote:Round one is done. Any interest in doing round two Tuesday or Wed night about 8 to 8:30 pm?
[right][snapback]83661[/snapback][/right]
Yes. Round one was amazing with 5. How hard could round two be?

Jandice Barov, we're coming for you!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Tal,Jul 18 2005, 02:53 AM Wrote:Round one is done. Any interest in doing round two Tuesday or Wed night about 8 to 8:30 pm?
[right][snapback]83661[/snapback][/right]

Oh yes! I'm interested! Wednesday is best for me after 8 pm. I have picked up the next step of Eva, and if Kan's connection holds steady, I'll be really pleased to help our group finish what we started!

Can we repeat that last fight? The one where I got ported out of the room and died? Wish I'd realized those three mobs only had about 2K hps each. They're mine now, but I'll just put my shoulder to the wall instead.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
kandrathe,Jul 18 2005, 12:04 PM Wrote:Yes.&nbsp; Round one was amazing with 5.&nbsp; How hard could round two be?

Jandice Barov, we're coming for you!
[right][snapback]83690[/snapback][/right]

I believe it will be easier - iirc the steps are:

1. Clear to and kill Janice
2. Turn in Bag of Horrors
3. Go back to Summoning Room and kill Kitarnos
4. Go back outside and get lewt and trinket.
5. Go upstairs (outside instance) and get Rhas quest.
6. Head to Stromgarde and find Keepsake of Remembrance
7. Head to Light's Hope Chapel
8. Raid the Baron to deposit Menethil's Gift
9. Head back to Lights Hope
10. Kill Ras
11. Collect Lewtz. :)
Sabra,Jul 18 2005, 11:47 AM Wrote:Wish I'd realized those three mobs only had about 2K hps each.
[right][snapback]83694[/snapback][/right]

2k? Try 0.7k.
I'd be up for round 2! I did all the quest turn-ins this morning with Silverflail so I'm good to go whenever.
-TheDragoon
Skandranon,Jul 18 2005, 07:12 PM Wrote:2k?&nbsp; Try 0.7k.
[right][snapback]83714[/snapback][/right]

Well crap!

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Round two - Wednesday at between 8 and 8:30. Can we confirm who will be there?
Sabra,Jul 19 2005, 03:13 PM Wrote:Well crap!
[right][snapback]83857[/snapback][/right]
Heh - I really couldn't figure out what happened in your case as Shal took out all three with a retaliation/cleave combo. The only thing I can think of was that you had some nasty curse/debuffs on when you were teleported.
Skandranon,Jul 18 2005, 03:12 PM Wrote:2k?&nbsp; Try 0.7k.
[right][snapback]83714[/snapback][/right]

Nah, it actually is about 2K. Or at least it has been the couple of times I've gotten ported.

Which is still nothing for anyone with any kind of AoE, of course.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now