Maphack question...
Tal,Aug 13 2005, 12:56 PM Wrote:99% of statistics are made up on the spot. :)
[right][snapback]85900[/snapback][/right]
go do some baal runs and in everyone that u are the tele-er, die or something to make it take longer, see how many people remain. usually none unless some are afk.
wakim,Aug 13 2005, 01:03 PM Wrote:Random House Webster's yields:

Syn. 1. gleeful, jovial, glad, joyous, happy, cheerful, sprightly, blithe, airy, light-hearted; vivacious, frolicsome, sportive, hilarious. GAY, JOLLY, JOYFUL, MERRY describe a happy or light-hearted mood. GAY suggests a lightness of heart or liveliness of mood that is openly manifested: when hearts were young and gay. JOLLY indicates a good-humored, natural, expansive gaiety of mood or disposition: a jolly crowd at a party. JOYFUL suggests gladness, happiness, rejoicing: joyful over the good news. MERRY is often interchangeable with gay: a merry disposition; a merry party; it suggests, even more than the latter, convivial animated enjoyment. 2. brilliant.
—Ant.1. unhappy, mournful.
[right][snapback]85901[/snapback][/right]

thx lol :shuriken:
S P A C E,Aug 14 2005, 07:12 AM Wrote:go do some baal runs and in everyone that u are the tele-er, die or something to make it take longer, see how many people remain. usually none unless some are afk.
[right][snapback]85961[/snapback][/right]

S P A C E, this is for you.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
S P A C E,Aug 14 2005, 07:12 AM Wrote:go do some baal runs and in everyone that u are the tele-er, die or something to make it take longer, see how many people remain. usually none unless some are afk.
[right][snapback]85961[/snapback][/right]

I think it is due to your limited grasp on proper English, but it appears that you are advocating the use of maphack?

Now I'm not talking about the point you are making about people leaving games within a few minutes if baal's throne room hasn't been opened - which by the way is a horribly structured point, general impatience doesn't equate to the condoning breaking laws (or in this case battle.net rules).

Chaos wrote about losing an account due to using maphack:
As a matter of fact i thought once to use maphack, but lucky i didn't.
At the time i have only one acco on use and it would be a pity to lose it...

To which you ambiguously replied:
well my acc's sucked and my chars were just sorcs with decent items (not even close to leet) so i dont really care, but having to restart my starcraft brood wars record is really gay (even tho its all losses) and being banned from ALL REALMS for 1 month is not that bad but pretty gay.
repeat offenses is permanent ban.

Are you saying you use map hack? Are you saying that you don't, but the penalties - like steriod use in baseball - aren't that severe?

Please take a few minutes, a few deep breaths, and think before you reply. :)

Cheers,

Munk
gekko,Aug 14 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:S P A C E, this is for you.

gekko
[right][snapback]85973[/snapback][/right]
my writing is fine son, we aint writing a book. altho u can surely admit that u are harassing me and im also sure that this board doesnt condone that. thx
Munkay,Aug 14 2005, 03:20 PM Wrote:I think it is due to your limited grasp on proper English, but it appears that you are advocating the use of maphack?

Now I'm not talking about the point you are making about people leaving games within a few minutes if baal's throne room hasn't been opened - which by the way is a horribly structured point, general impatience doesn't equate to the condoning breaking laws (or in this case battle.net rules).

Chaos wrote about losing an account due to using maphack:
As a matter of fact i thought once to use maphack, but lucky i didn't.
At the time i have only one acco on use and it would be a pity to lose it...

To which you ambiguously replied:
well my acc's sucked and my chars were just sorcs with decent items (not even close to leet) so i dont really care, but having to restart my starcraft brood wars record is really gay (even tho its all losses) and being banned from ALL REALMS for 1 month is not that bad but pretty gay.
repeat offenses is permanent ban.

Are you saying you use map hack?  Are you saying that you don't, but the penalties - like steriod use in baseball - aren't that severe?

Please take a few minutes, a few deep breaths, and think before you reply. :)

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]85974[/snapback][/right]
why are u asking me for answers i already gave u. im not gonna repeat myself cause u expect me to wRiTe a BOoK. and actually yes if people continuously leave when u try to lvl that sure doesnt help u level any faster does it.
now
if you use maphack for magic finding runs, no matter if it be nm or hell, mephisto baal diablo andy pindle or whomever, and u find items faster because of it,
WHO is getting hurt from this? if anything you are more likely to GIVE AWAY half decent items for free to people that you come in contact with, you are not preventing others from getting those items, and you certainly are not making anyones gameplay anyworse, so just because its a bnet rule doesnt mean it cant be done.

tell me, are you one of those people who wastes 5 minutes walking to the lights cause j-walking is agaisnt the law, 15 minutes sometimes because of the lack of many crosswalks, if you are, there is no reason to respond to me ! its understood you like wasting time, and when you are so intent on making my punctuation pERfeCT its pretty obvious that u have much time on your hands
NOW
i do not like arguing with people at all
much less over the net
this will be my last post regarding any arguments that are for the sake of them.
S P A C E,Aug 13 2005, 06:25 AM Wrote:u know wuts funny tho 99% of people that are avid d2 players say maphack is lame
but at least 90% of people that do baal runs leave if throne isnt found in like 2 mins (wich is uncommon without hack even with a quick tele sorc.
[right][snapback]85891[/snapback][/right]
S P A C E,Aug 15 2005, 08:39 AM Wrote:my writing is fine son, we aint writing a book. altho u can surely admit that u are harassing me and im also sure that this board doesnt condone that. thx
[right][snapback]85999[/snapback][/right]

No your writing is not fine. Troll elsewhere.
S P A C E,Aug 14 2005, 08:13 AM Wrote:thx lol :shuriken:
[right][snapback]85962[/snapback][/right]

He wasn't helping you.
S P A C E,Aug 15 2005, 07:47 AM Wrote:why are u asking me for answers i already gave u. im not gonna repeat myself cause u expect me to wRiTe a BOoK. and actually yes if people continuously leave when u try to lvl that sure doesnt help u level any faster does it.
now
if you use maphack for magic finding runs, no matter if it be nm or hell, mephisto baal diablo andy pindle or whomever, and u find items faster because of it,
WHO is getting hurt from this? if anything you are more likely to GIVE AWAY half decent items for free to people that you come in contact with, you are not preventing others from getting those items, and you certainly are not making anyones gameplay anyworse, so just because its a bnet rule doesnt mean it cant be done.

In short, we don't support the use of maphack. Plenty of people have come and gone at the lurkerlounge over this very issue. Many of those people have constructed much stronger arguments than the ones you have displayed here. It's a dead horse, ie. we'll lay it to rest right here.

S P A C E,Aug 15 2005, 07:47 AM Wrote:tell me, are you one of those people who wastes 5 minutes walking to the lights cause j-walking is agaisnt the law, 15 minutes sometimes because of the lack of many crosswalks, if you are,  there is no reason to respond to me !

Wait, let me get this straight. Because I - or anyone for that matter - do not condone cheating by using maphack, I must therefore follow every rule including always crossing at a crosswalk. Did I miss something in my interpretation? So by the same token of your argument, if you use maphack you condone breaking the law - provided it saves you time, of course - and must love jaywalking, tax evasion and murder. I mean really, who has silly time to waste on sending money to the government or on dealing with people that bother you.

S P A C E,Aug 15 2005, 07:47 AM Wrote:its understood you like wasting time, and when you are so intent on making my punctuation pERfeCT its pretty obvious that u have much time on your hands

:lol:

When you get an education and actually write in -relatively- proper English it no longer takes time to make "my punctuation pERfeCT." Also, if I fail to see how refusing to type in l33t speak or with bad grammar is any reflection of "wasting time." Quite the contrary, I'm not wasting my time "unlearning" the rules of English, just so I can fit in with the online crowd.

S P A C E,Aug 15 2005, 07:47 AM Wrote:NOW
i do not like arguing with people at all
much less over the net
this will be my last post regarding any arguments that are for the sake of them.

Well, you have one thing right. Any more arguments defending maphack and well... you don't need to stop. We'll stop you posting for you.

In regards to your claim you don't like arguing with people, as of right now you've made it clear you're a troll here at the lounge. If you want to stick around and be a productive member of the community, shape up. There are two very simple rules to follow, try to use good engrish. We actually aren't the gestapo about grammar. It's only an issue when you are purposefully writing like a wanker.

Goodluck with shaping up. If you do decide to ship out though, don't let the door hit you on the way out. ;)

Cheers,

Munk

Edit: Doofed up the Quote boxes.
S P A C E,Aug 15 2005, 07:39 AM Wrote:my writing is fine son, we aint writing a book. altho u can surely admit that u are harassing me and im also sure that this board doesnt condone that. thx
[right][snapback]85999[/snapback][/right]

Well, let's see here: you started posting here at the Lounge less than a week ago; you've typed fewer than a dozen posts with not a single intelligible sentence between them all; you've proven yourself completely ignorant of the practices and preferecens of this online community. And you're telling me what this board does and does not condone.

Try reading this. It's the etiquette we expect posters to adhere to if they'd like to stay here. If you have as much difficulty reading as you do writting, I'll snip the most pertinent bit here (though it's all important):

Quote:4) Please post in real English. If English is not your first language (or even if it is *cough*), we do not mind spelling or grammatical errors...we do not mind typos from anyone either. However, we do not appreciate '|337 5|o33|<' or any unnecessary shortenings of English words - common abbreviations such as 'lvl' or 'dmg' are fine though. If you do not follow this rule, you will be flamed or ignored completely.

This etiquette has been around longer than you have a lot longer than I have. You are allowed to disagree with it - just as you're allowed to have any opinion on maphack that you wish - but if you can't respect the wishes of every poster here beyond yourself, you're not welcome to post here. That includes both maphack opinions and your atrocious "writting," by the way - we consider maphack a cheat and don't want you here if you use it, just as we don't want you here if you can't write out your posts in at least passable english.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
SetBuilder,Jul 12 2005, 02:59 PM Wrote:If you are planning to do item runs, you are making a game that is passworded, that noone else is supposed to be able to join, and are just looking for "driving instructions" would use of mh still be considered a cheat? There would be no unfair advantage over other players, it'd simply make things a bit quicker for your own runs.
[right][snapback]83263[/snapback][/right]

This thread amazes me. In the abstract sense, sure, I can see why some less-ethical people resort to using maphack. But to go as far as actually calling it "not a cheat" and/or "legitimate"? That takes a lot of nerve no matter what forum you're on. As I recall, both to install D2 in the first place, and to later register an account on Bnet, you had to agree to the Terms of Use, which includes a clause that specifically forbids using ANY third party program in conjunction with the game. That includes ALL bots and ALL hacks.

Maphack violates that agreement, ergo it is a cheat. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
I bet you smell bad in real life.
gekko,Aug 15 2005, 03:14 PM Wrote:Well, let's see here: you started posting here at the Lounge less than a week ago; you've typed fewer than a dozen posts with not a single intelligible sentence between them all; you've proven yourself completely ignorant of the practices and preferecens of this online community.&nbsp; And you're telling me what this board does and does not condone.

Try reading this.&nbsp; It's the etiquette we expect posters to adhere to if they'd like to stay here.&nbsp; If you have as much difficulty reading as you do writting, I'll snip the most pertinent bit here (though it's all important):
This etiquette has been around longer than you have a lot longer than I have.&nbsp; You are allowed to disagree with it - just as you're allowed to have any opinion on maphack that you wish - but if you can't respect the wishes of every poster here beyond yourself, you're not welcome to post here.&nbsp; That includes both maphack opinions and your atrocious "writting," by the way - we consider maphack a cheat and don't want you here if you use it, just as we don't want you here if you can't write out your posts in at least passable english.

gekko
[right][snapback]86014[/snapback][/right]

and i thought it was just the guys from the uk that are like this, u didnt move from there by the way did you?

lol i dont see how i broke rule number four i never wrote nothing like 733t lol
Munkay,Aug 15 2005, 02:22 PM Wrote:In short, we don't support the use of maphack.&nbsp; Plenty of people have come and gone at the lurkerlounge over this very issue.&nbsp; Many of those people have constructed much stronger arguments than the ones you have displayed here.&nbsp; It's a dead horse, ie. we'll lay it to rest right here.
Wait, let me get this straight.&nbsp; Because I - or anyone for that matter - do not condone cheating by using maphack, I must therefore follow every rule including always crossing at a crosswalk.&nbsp; Did I miss something in my interpretation?&nbsp; So by the same token of your argument, if you use maphack you condone breaking the law - provided it saves you time, of course - and must love jaywalking, tax evasion and murder. I mean really, who has silly time to waste on sending money to the government or on dealing with people that bother you.
:lol:

When you get an education and actually write in -relatively- proper English it no longer takes time to make "my punctuation pERfeCT."&nbsp; Also, if I fail to see how refusing to type in l33t speak or with bad grammar is any reflection of "wasting time."&nbsp; Quite the contrary, I'm not wasting my time "unlearning" the rules of English, just so I can fit in with the online crowd.
Well, you have one thing right.&nbsp; Any more arguments defending maphack and well... you don't need to stop.&nbsp; We'll stop you posting for you.

In regards to your claim you don't like arguing with people, as of right now you've made it clear you're a troll here at the lounge.&nbsp; If you want to stick around and be a productive member of the community, shape up.&nbsp; There are two very simple rules to follow, try to use good engrish.&nbsp; We actually aren't the gestapo about grammar.&nbsp; It's only an issue when you are purposefully writing like a wanker.

Goodluck with shaping up.&nbsp; If you do decide to ship out though, don't let the door hit you on the way out.&nbsp; ;)

Cheers,

Munk

Edit: Doofed up the Quote boxes.
[right][snapback]86010[/snapback][/right]

says you live in boston, dont use "wanker" as you just broke one of the very main reasons other than mh u even wrote this post to me.

thx.
Im not sure if hes playing off line.

If hes not playing on Bnet and never takes the character on then its not cheating. Done off off Bnet its essentially no different than a mod.
S P A C E,Aug 15 2005, 08:01 PM Wrote:says you live in boston, dont use "wanker" as you just broke one of the very main reasons other than mh u even wrote this post to me.

Earth to S P A C E. Anyone home? Next time you decide to grace our forums please do me the favor of making a response that is understandable! You are one of the worst trolls we've ever had grace the pages of the lurkerlounge.

The sad part is you don't even agitate me. You don't make enough sense to! Maybe if I wrote more like you, you'd understand:

you types and says all that you are knowing. but like i dunt understandd why you like mapchalk. its wthe asonly way you can play on bttlenet yo! lol.

k, thx.

Somehow I think not even you can understand writing like you. The best way to reply to this, heck the only way you'll manage to prove anything, is to actually reply to my post!

But something tells me you won't even bother. I'll give you one more post though before I write you off. Be happy! You've earned one more post than anyone else around here is willing to give you.

Cheers,

Munk
Ghostiger,Aug 15 2005, 08:41 PM Wrote:Im not sure if hes playing off line.

If hes not playing on Bnet and never takes the character on then its not cheating. Done off off Bnet its essentially no different than a mod.

I think he's maintaing the use of it for online play.

S P A C E 's main defense for maphack use is that its hypocritical to bash using it on battle.net. This is due to the fact that "everyone leaves" a game if no one can tele to baal within a minute. Therefore, by playing on battle.net, we all support maphack, and therefore, we are all stupid to say its wrong to use it.

Of course, we don't all do baal games. And we don't all leave after a minute even if we are in a baal run game.

But then again, sweeping generalizations are the very least of S P A C E 's problems. ;)

Cheers Ghost,

Munk
Hah, brings back memories of d2. All those personalties playing it. -_- Too bad I lost my cd.

In conclusion,
M@p|-|4x i5 teh l33t u n00b l0l l0l l0l l0l r0f1 0wn3d pwn joo eZ m\|/ b@@l ub3|2 l33t 1t3m !!!!!!!111111

Ack too much effort; I'll stick to regular English.

Keep up the good work! :blink:
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Munkay,Aug 16 2005, 01:36 AM Wrote:But something tells me you won't even bother.&nbsp; I'll give you one more post though before I write you off.&nbsp; Be happy! You've earned one more post than anyone else around here is willing to give you.

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]86133[/snapback][/right]

You are correct sir he was banned this morning. Thanks Lemming. :)