A 2-class group: who would you pick?
Metrocube,Jul 11 2005, 04:29 PM Wrote:Gold farmers use the hunter/priest combo, so I'm inclined to believe that is probably one of the more efficient duos for killing mobs.
[right][snapback]83113[/snapback][/right]

Not seeing this combo, but seeing a hunter farming I can tell the appeal. Between a pet with Dash and the range of their Autoshoot, Hunters are hands down the best class at tagging mobs. Priest in conjunction simply allows them to do it quicker and more often, I guess.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Jul 18 2005, 04:49 PM Wrote:Not seeing this combo, but seeing a hunter farming I can tell the appeal.  Between a pet with Dash and the range of their Autoshoot, Hunters are hands down the best class at tagging mobs.  Priest in conjunction simply allows them to do it quicker and more often, I guess.
[right][snapback]83726[/snapback][/right]

I rarely see farmer duo's, but the top choices I see are rogues or hunters. Playing around in Winterfell Village has made me much quicker about my tags, and what I can and can't do/handle with aggro bouncing, etc.

Adding a priest to the mix would speed things up for me, as then I'd be able to focus my mana into killing mobs, instead of healing my pet. So, yeah. I think a hunter/priest combo would kill pretty quickly and easily.

Of course, a hunter/rogue tears up nicely, too. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
There is something I've been thinking about since the advent of mods such as Whispercast, where if you send a particular whisper to a Paladin with the mod installed, it will put a blessing in the queue and all the pally has to do is click the queue to cast blessings on whomever has requested them.

Taking that a step further, it seems to me that anyone clever with WoW scripting could set up a similar system with a priest. Dual-boxing gold farmers could set it up so that the priest would auto-cast a flash heal spell on the hunter when the hunter whispers "heal plz", or a renew when the hunter whispers "renew plz", etc. Set the priest to follow the hunter, and not only do you have twice the inventory space, but you have a literal heal-bot following you around.

That could be one reason you see hunter-priest duos in popular gold-farming spots.
RTM,Jul 19 2005, 02:21 PM Wrote:That could be one reason you see hunter-priest duos in popular gold-farming spots.

Oh, so the hunter - priest "duo" might be just one person with two machines?
Brista,Jul 20 2005, 04:42 AM Wrote:Oh, so the hunter - priest "duo" might be just one person with two machines?
[right][snapback]83916[/snapback][/right]

Which is what treesh said.
oldmandennis,Jul 20 2005, 04:11 PM Wrote:Which is what treesh said.
[right][snapback]83921[/snapback][/right]

Are you stalking me?
Brista,Jul 20 2005, 05:19 PM Wrote:Are you stalking me?
[right][snapback]83968[/snapback][/right]

no silly I'm stalking Treesh! Jeez, some people think the world revolves around them!