Onyxia, July 11
Thursday night, Carpe Aurum, Lurkers, and Keepers of the Cheese made the first official guild run at Onyxia.

Unfortunately, except for the fourth of our five attempts, when the idiot tank managed to find the sweet spot and keep Onyxia in place long enough to get to Stage Two, it was bloody and violent and not in the right way. ;)

We got her down to 49% on the fourth try, so it wasn't a complete failure.

Monday, 8pm: Round Two. Let me know if you can make it. :)
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Jul 7 2005, 10:49 PM Wrote:Thursday night, Carpe Aurum, Lurkers, and Keepers of the Cheese made the first official guild run at Onyxia.

Unfortunately, except for the fourth of our five attempts, when the idiot tank managed to find the sweet spot and keep Onyxia in place long enough to get to Stage Two, it was bloody and violent and not in the right way.  ;)

Monday, 8pm: Round Two.  Let me know if you can make it.  :)
[right][snapback]82792[/snapback][/right]

I should be able to do it again. Maybe we can get some people some blood over the weekend too. Then again there was a lot of 5 manning that I've neglected that I want to do as well. Too bad I missed attempt 4 would have been nice to have attempted to get some damage in on her at some point when there where still healers around and I wasn't just suiciding. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'll be there, happily slinging more arrows at the great dragon.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
What idiot tank? We don't have any idiot tanks, GG. We have people who make decisions in game that they later regret or reconsider and think better of, but that's what we love about this game. It's fun and a learning experience too. So please knock that off right now. **much love for Gnolack**

You'll beat Onyxia to a pulp next time. She already wrote me an email to tell me she hates Gnolack, so that's the good news.

La Mage will be there this time for sure!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Darian,Jul 7 2005, 10:49 PM Wrote:Thursday night, Carpe Aurum, Lurkers, and Keepers of the Cheese made the first official guild run at Onyxia.

Unfortunately, except for the fourth of our five attempts, when the idiot tank managed to find the sweet spot and keep Onyxia in place long enough to get to Stage Two, it was bloody and violent and not in the right way.  ;)

Monday, 8pm: Round Two.  Let me know if you can make it.  :)
[right][snapback]82792[/snapback][/right]

Guess what?! I'll be there!

::strikes uber-hunter pose::
Sabra,Jul 8 2005, 05:31 AM Wrote:What idiot tank? We don't have any idiot tanks, GG. We have people who make decisions in game that they later regret or reconsider and think better of, but that's what we love about this game. It's fun and a learning experience too. So please knock that off right now. **much love for Gnolack**

You'll beat Onyxia to a pulp next time. She already wrote me an email to tell me she hates Gnolack, so that's the good news.

La Mage will be there this time for sure!
[right][snapback]82816[/snapback][/right]

I was not the main the tank. Darian was refering to himself there. Though your comments still apply. Much love to the Darian, who was very much hated by Onyxia, the big bully that she is, throwing people around like she did. I was regretting not getting to see Darian find the sweet spot to hold her because it means that when I get my chance (I still need some better gear, I'm about 1.1K HP lower than Darian is right now when we are both fully buffed) to tank her I'll have less knowledge of where to drag her scaly butt.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Will gladly report for duty for I are't crunchy and taste good with ketchup! (Or so I've been told. B) )
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I suppose I should reply here. I should be there and not have to show up late this time.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Gnollguy,Jul 8 2005, 08:04 AM Wrote:Though your comments still apply.  Much love to the Darian, who was very much hated by Onyxia, the big bully that she is, throwing people around like she did.  I was regretting not getting to see Darian find the sweet spot to hold her because it means that when I get my chance (I still need some better gear, I'm about 1.1K HP lower than Darian is right now when we are both fully buffed) to tank her I'll have less knowledge of where to drag her scaly butt.
[right][snapback]82829[/snapback][/right]

I have to agree, Darian did an amazing job for his first time in there.

About the sweet spot...The more times I see a tank try to find it, the more I'm convinced that it's more of a "feel" than an actual definable spot. On the (my) minimap, on try #4, Darian was exactly 12 o'clock in her lair...but that still leaves a lot of places to be. As was said towards the end of the raid, the only way to figure this stuff out is to get in there and get our hands dirty. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~