Your Most Heart-warming, Fuzzy-filled Movie/Moment
Concept? Simple. Create a thread frequented by lots of users, one that generates discussion, speculation, even controversy.

And with that said, my three most touching movie/moments are

1. My Dog Skip, when the boy goes off to college and Skip is old
2. I am Sam
3. Forrest Gump, when Bubba dies.

Those may or may not be my actual moments, as I am tired and interested in getting this discussion off the ground as soon as possible.

But anyway, time to release the hounds; this thread is officially open for business.

(side note) I just noticed....the LL is a great place to work on writing skills.

.....ok. I'm done.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
2 Moments for me top everything else...

Both from the same movie:

Samwise: "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry YOU"

Aragorn:"...Friends... you bow to no one."

They still work after the 50th viewing...

And anyone who doesn't recognize the movie is on the wrong forum :P

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. ...
and still keep the frog you started with.
Armin,Jul 4 2005, 02:24 AM Wrote:2 Moments for me top everything else...

Both from the same movie:

Samwise: "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry YOU"

Aragorn:"...Friends... you bow to no one."

They still work after the 50th viewing...

And anyone who doesn't recognize the movie is on the wrong forum  :P
[right][snapback]82374[/snapback][/right]

No kidding. If you don't recognize "It'a a wonderful life", you should go. :)

Actually, from the same movie, the points where the rohans show up, the sword reforging scenes and the scene where Aragorn gets th sword always work on me.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Jul 4 2005, 07:55 AM Wrote:... and the scene where Aragorn gets th sword always work on me.
[right][snapback]82389[/snapback][/right]
Funny thing. When Elrond flips the blade out and starts saying, "Anduril, the Flame of the West, forged from the shards of Narsil..." all I could think was that is sounded like a product placement pitch for a United Cutlery replica.

Bah. Had to be. There is no no other rational explanation as to why the sucker shattered under Sauron's foot in the first place.

Okay, the token Tolkien moment: I found Elrond's foresight into Arwen's grief over Aragorn's inevitable death to be a scene with pangs of the sublime.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Premezilla,Jul 3 2005, 09:14 PM Wrote:...And with that said, my three most touching movie/moments are...
[right][snapback]82365[/snapback][/right]
The Hoorah-Cool Moment: "Hey, Fox. That sure woke 'em up..." after a pair of F-14A Tomcats decide to play a little tag with two A6Ms that had just strafed some civilians in the sea.

The 'Oh, So That's Where That Came From' moment: "In the pipe, five by five... We're in for some chop." I first saw Aliens about three years after first playing Starcraft.

The 'Oh, Crap!' moment: That first shot coming out of the mist and killing a soldier of the 54th Massachussettes Regiment in Glory. Unlike most other war films, you don't see the protagonists get into their first battle well until the middle of Act 2— by which time you've invested enough emotional attachment to their plight to cringe each and every time one of them got shot down in the ensuing fight.

The Frickin' Cool Moment: DePardieu's introduction in Cyrano de Bergerac. It was the first time I ever saw the play. I knew the story was about a guy with a big nose who fed this other guy some lines to a lady underneath her balcony— and nothing more. Here I then see said big-nose as a violent yet selfless firebrand who can fight and compose poetry at the same time, then take on a hundred assassins as if it were something fun.

And on a parting note, any and every time Mira Sorvino showed up onscreen in The Replacement Killers made me feel all funny inside. Cute girls and automatic pistols— can't go wrong with that.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
The ZAP of Dr. Frankenfurter gets me every time.

Hrm.

Old Yeller. Need I say more? The end of Old Yeller.

Schindler's List. The whole thing. It's very difficult for me to watch. I either become so enraged that I must stop watching or so saddened by human nature that I must stop watching. I have only managed to finish watching the film once, and would like some day to be able to watch it from start to finish again. God damned Nazis. I don't mean to Godwin this thread, but I did, so there. I am, in general, not a violent person. I might talk about hurting somebody, thumping their skull, or shooting them. But I am mostly gruff grumble. I don't like the idea of having to hurt people. It makes me queasy. Human life is valuable, even the wretched ones. That said, watching this movie makes all that go out the window. I typically become so enraged that I would like to take those responsible and do terrible, horrible things to them, cut them down, evicerate them, and leave their bodies to the crows. It truly brings out the worst in me. Or mayhap the best in me. I don't know. I don't like it when I get like that. Just thinking about concentration camps right now at this moment makes me feel like throwing up.

Malcolm X. Not a bad movie at all. Watching him go through a spiritual awakening and conversion from religion to faith only to be gunned down is powerful and speaks volumes about the human condition.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Premezilla,Jul 4 2005, 12:14 AM Wrote:Concept? Simple.  Create a thread frequented by lots of users, one that generates discussion, speculation, even controversy.

2. I am Sam

Those may or may not be my actual moments, as I am tired and interested in getting this discussion off the ground as soon as possible.

But anyway, time to release the hounds; this thread is officially open for business.

(side note) I just noticed....the LL is a great place to work on writing skills.

.....ok. I'm done.

Robinson Crusoe. When they shoot his buddy Friday. I saw it again for the second time today. Regardless of the movie quality, the storyline, and the empathy I developed for Friday over the various Robinson Crusoe incarnations gets me everytime. Still haven't shed a tear, but I've been terribly close.

Cheers,

Munk
Pooh's Heffalump Movie almost made me cry. I wanted to yell "hell yeah" when mommy heffalump burst out of the woods to save poor Roo.
I agree on Schindler's list. This is something everyone here in Germany gets to see in school, and it is well deserved. I always notice afterwards how my hands were clenched while watching.

I particulearly like Magnolia; the scene where Aimee Mann's "Wise Up" is playing in the background and most of the main characters are singing along: Julianne Moore before her suicide, Tom Cruise before facing his father whom he hates more than anyone else, the drug addict before going on her date with the cop etc. So sad it warmed my heart a bit.

Don't think it would not have worked with any other singer, but Mann's voice carries just the right amount of chill and sympathy so it makes sense for all those people to join in.
"Ignoring is also a kind of understanding." - Christian Mai
Premezilla,Jul 3 2005, 11:14 PM Wrote:Concept? Simple.  Create a thread frequented by lots of users, one that generates discussion, speculation, even controversy.

2. I am Sam

.....ok. I'm done.
[right][snapback]82365[/snapback][/right]

1. It never happened. By that, I mean the scene where Jar Jar Binks gets horribly dismembered by Mace Windoo or another Jedi, even a Sith.

2. The line late in the film where the boy is driving the horses back to the Ranch, and the old horseman says he sees "A man, from Snowy River." That is a great moment in that film.

3. The moment Anny Lennox starts singing at the end of Return of the King. And then the rest of the song.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Doc,Aug 20 2005, 12:55 AM Wrote:Just thinking about concentration camps right now at this moment makes me feel like throwing up.
[right][snapback]86758[/snapback][/right]
This brought back an image that was put in my mind earlier this week. It is the furthest you can get from a warm fuzzy so stop reading now if you don't want to handle a recounting of Nazi atrocities.

The local news was interviewing a local man that was a survivor of the concentration camps. He is a bit confused when you ask him about his current life. However, you can see he is remembering the events of the past as if they were yesterday. Along with talking about the awful things that happened to himself and people around him in the camps, he talked about being rounded up to go to the camps. They were separating the men and the women and putting them on different trains. A man next to him was yelling and trying to get to the women. A Nazi officer came over and told him to stop. The man told the officer that his wife was in that group carrying their newborn baby and he didn't want to be separated from the baby. The officer walked over to the man's wife and took the baby. He grabbed it by the legs "like you would a chicken" and swung it to hit its head against the train car. The officer turned back to the man and said, "There now you have no problem." The ground should have opened and swallowed that $%&^@$ officer right there! :angry: The worst part about it was that, even though you could see that the man being interviewed had perfect recollection of the event, you could also see that it was just another matter of fact of all that he had seen and that he was able to relate the story without emotion.

obligatory warm fuzzy movie moment: I was watching LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring last night - Frodo has gotten in the boat by himself and is crossing the river. Sam comes running down through the trees yelling for him to wait. Frodo continues on so Sam walks out into the water attempting to get to him even though he can't swim. Frodo reaches down and pulls Sam back to life just as we are made to believe Sam has died. Sam tells Frodo that he made a promise to not leave his side and that he means to keep that promise. - I think that is such a warm fuzzy because I relate so well to Sam, certainly far more than Frodo. I live my life to be the Sam, not the Frodo.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Aug 20 2005, 05:33 PM Wrote:This brought back an image that was put in my mind earlier this week.  It is the furthest you can get from a warm fuzzy so stop reading now if you don't want to handle a recounting of Nazi atrocities.

The local news was interviewing a local man that was a survivor of the concentration camps.  He is a bit confused when you ask him about his current life.  However, you can see he is remembering the events of the past as if they were yesterday.  Along with talking about the awful things that happened to himself and people around him in the camps, he talked about being rounded up to go to the camps.  They were separating the men and the women and putting them on different trains.  A man next to him was yelling and trying to get to the women.  A Nazi officer came over and told him to stop.  The man told the officer that his wife was in that group carrying their newborn baby and he didn't want to be separated from the baby.  The officer walked over to the man's wife and took the baby.  He grabbed it by the legs "like you would a chicken" and swung it to hit its head against the train car.  The officer turned back to the man and said, "There now you have no problem."  The ground should have opened and swallowed that $%&^@$ officer right there! :angry:  The worst part about it was that, even though you could see that the man being interviewed had perfect recollection of the event, you could also see that it was just another matter of fact of all that he had seen and that he was able to relate the story without emotion.

obligatory warm fuzzy movie moment: I was watching LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring last night - Frodo has gotten in the boat by himself and is crossing the river.  Sam comes running down through the trees yelling for him to wait.  Frodo continues on so Sam walks out into the water attempting to get to him even though he can't swim.  Frodo reaches down and pulls Sam back to life just as we are made to believe Sam has died.  Sam tells Frodo that he made a promise to not leave his side and that he means to keep that promise. - I think that is such a warm fuzzy because I relate so well to Sam, certainly far more than Frodo.  I live my life to be the Sam, not the Frodo.
[right][snapback]86787[/snapback][/right]

Words can not say how I feel thinking about what you wrote. So I will say nothing.

I do not know which LoTR character I am most like to be completely honest. Seeing as I commune with nature and I am aloof and all that, I'd probably be Elvish, but my mannerisms and my physicals looks would demand Dwarfhood.

Thank you for giving me something else to think about. You are a good man.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
The "surprise" moment: Return of the King, when the gate gets smashed open and the army goes in. (more description hidden to prevent spoiling the surprise). It was really well set up to surprise, with the music and lines.

Mission Impossible two has one of these, in the lab with the injection guns when the guns start shooting. Was not expecting a big fight when it happened, though knowing the director would have changed this probably.

I see many other people got their moments from Lord of the Rings. In terms of characters, I see Gandalf as the sort of one I'd think I'd end up as, Saruman also acts like I could end up as in bad guy version. I'm the one who wants to get things done and not have to fiddle around with politics or people's family stuff, just get things happening.

Also, I would love to have those Mumakil (the giant elephants) with their riders in a computer game. I know they would be hideously expensive, but I could probably figure out how to use them.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Hi,

I have many warm fuzzy movie moments :wub:

LoR: The moment the Elf Bowman arrive "Once we fought side by side with Humans...We are here to honor the Allegiance" :wub:

LoR: "EVERY" time *LIV TYLER* is on screen...I'm old, but, I still have Lust in me for ELF women :w00t:

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
King Jim,Aug 21 2005, 04:25 PM Wrote:Hi,

I have many warm fuzzy movie moments  :wub:

LoR: The moment the Elf Bowman arrive "Once we fought side by side with Humans...We are here to honor the Allegance"  :wub:

LoR: "EVERY" time *LIV TYLER*  is on screen...I'm old, but, I still have Lust in me for ELF women  :w00t:
[right][snapback]86844[/snapback][/right]

Old we might be, but let's face it. When wooing Elvish women, maturity would be an asset, something these younger pups lack.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Aug 21 2005, 06:31 PM Wrote:Old we might be, but let's face it. When wooing Elvish women, maturity would be an asset, something these younger pups lack.
[right][snapback]86848[/snapback][/right]

Well, that's one thing we know Doc for one has on us young pups - plenty of wrinkly assets.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
gekko,Aug 21 2005, 08:51 PM Wrote:Well, that's one thing we know Doc for one has on us young pups - plenty of wrinkly assets.

gekko
[right][snapback]86853[/snapback][/right]

Ouch!

All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Aug 21 2005, 08:08 PM Wrote:Ouch!
[right][snapback]86856[/snapback][/right]

I forgot number 4 of wonderful movie moments.

Marlon Brando says: "Maria, bring the butter" in The Last Tango in Paris.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete