Massive CTF Exploit?
According to this thread in the WoW General forum today, there is a command you can type that warps you right back to your flag room. If you use that while you've got the flag, it's the easiest cap ever.

The command listed was:

/script (Command removed by MongoJerry)

Is this true or a hoax? Note that using this will very likely be logged and may result in punishment of some kind by Blizzard (maybe loss of CPs, maybe even suspension?) if it actually works. So I can't advocate anyone testing it out without giving that warning.

Have any players noticed huge enemy warps during their CTF time? Not the mini-warps everyone's been talking about that are apparently caused by the abuse of the Print Screen button, but huge across-the-field warps back to base.

What amuses me is the idea of macro'ing this command and calling it "I Win". You would literally have an "I Win" button to use in CTF. :)

Couldn't you also abuse this in normal Battleground play to escape from an enemy that's about to kill you?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
The script listed in the general forums was removed. I'd suggest taking it out here as well, as to prevent people from using it until it's fixed.
See you in Town,
-Z
BAD BOLTY

From what I've heard it works - one of the screenshots that I saw had about 3 kills total for both sides, and from the description each flag was captured within 5 seconds of it respawning.

And no, don't do it, it can EASILY flag you as teleport-hack user to GMs.
Zarathustra,Jun 29 2005, 10:08 AM Wrote:The script listed in the general forums was removed.  I'd suggest taking it out here as well, as to prevent people from using it until it's fixed.

I suppose you're right. It's one of those "once it's out there, it's out there" kind of things, but if people saw the command here, then some might think the Lurker Lounge encourages cheating or something. So, I removed the command line.

Thanks for pointing this out, though, Bolty. I guess CTF will be off limits for a while now -- although it might be fun to go into CTF matches in order to snitch on people who use the cheat.
MongoJerry,Jun 29 2005, 06:07 PM Wrote:I suppose you're right.  It's one of those "once it's out there, it's out there" kind of things, but if people saw the command here, then some might think the Lurker Lounge encourages cheating or something.  So, I removed the command line.

Thanks for pointing this out, though, Bolty.  I guess CTF will be off limits for a while now -- although it might be fun to go into CTF matches in order to snitch on people who use the cheat.
[right][snapback]81993[/snapback][/right]

Bolty wins! (As we all do):

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...p=1#post3811163

And we might see a change in WOW mod since Mongo dared to question the wise decision of our benevolent ruler Bolty to post this. :whistling:
lemekim,Jun 29 2005, 02:02 PM Wrote:And we might see a change in WOW mod since Mongo dared to question the wise decision of our benevolent ruler Bolty to post this.  :whistling:

No questioning about posting the information -- just the actual command. :lol:
MongoJerry,Jun 29 2005, 04:17 PM Wrote:No questioning about posting the information -- just the actual command.  :lol:
[right][snapback]82013[/snapback][/right]
Oh, you are SO fired! :)

Seriously, this is Mongo's forum and he can edit my posts all he likes. I subscribe to the "Make exploits totally public" school of thought, since evidence has proven time and time again that it is the best way to get Blizzard to patch it out. Exploits that are hidden or kept secret by guilds take weeks for fixing.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jun 29 2005, 09:56 AM Wrote:/script (Command removed by MongoJerry)

Is this true or a hoax?
[right][snapback]81967[/snapback][/right]

I've seen this done a few times post-summoning exploit fix. Glad there's a fix. Now what about MC cap/Pally blessing? :P
BTW, realms are being restarted now. Maybe to fix that little exploit?

Edit: Ooops. Missed lemekim's post.
Intolerant monkey.
Bolty,Jun 29 2005, 10:01 PM Wrote:Oh, you are SO fired!  :)

Seriously, this is Mongo's forum and he can edit my posts all he likes.  I subscribe to the "Make exploits totally public" school of thought, since evidence has proven time and time again that it is the best way to get Blizzard to patch it out.  Exploits that are hidden or kept secret by guilds take weeks for fixing.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]82016[/snapback][/right]

Unless it has rogues involved!

Just kidding, but "Swordbush" and "Macebush", and heck, "Fishingpolebush" did last for a long time, all the way up to the new patch.
lemekim,Jun 29 2005, 05:18 PM Wrote:"Swordbush" and "Macebush", and heck, "Fishingpolebush" did last for a long time, all the way up to the new patch.
[right][snapback]82020[/snapback][/right]
Since they have been fixed, would you care to share what these did to satisfy a little gnome's curiosity?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Jun 29 2005, 10:28 PM Wrote:Since they have been fixed, would you care to share what these did to satisfy a little gnome's curiosity?
[right][snapback]82023[/snapback][/right]

Ah, those are merely terms of endearment for Ambushing someone with a Sword or a Mace or even a Fishing Pole. There was a bug in previous patch, where a macro would let you quickly swap to a weapon other then dagger when you attempted an ambush/backstab. In a sentence: "I have just been swordbushed for 2.5k"

:lol:
Euro servers went offline late last night to fix this exploit , was restarted soon after .
Take care
That /script command absolutely did work, although to my knowledge, no one on Stormrage every used it until the day it was publicized (and fixed).

But bolty is 100% correct: embarrassing Blizzard by publically posting detailed instructions is the fastest way to get an exploit fixed. So, kudos to whoever posted it on the Blizzard forums and brought it to red-flag status.

Other BG bugs that remain unfixed because no one publicizes them:

1. the terrain bugs that allow players to hop an outside wall to get to the inner flag room, or to perch themselves in seemingly impossible-to-access areas.

2. the rez bug that allows a player in ghost form to enter the BG and respawn in the Graveyard before the match officially begins.

Blizzard does not consider the "Mind Control then Divine Intevention" tactic an exploit.
You know, I don't have a problem with a discussion of in-game bugs exploits, either. I guess it's only 3rd party cheats and hacks that really bother me. But if it's something in-game, it's well, in-game. It seems fair game to discuss that. Some of the most fun discussions on the Diablo II forums were when people found bugs and exploits in-game. If someone uses an overpowering exploit over and over to boost their character or break the game, then that person can be shunned as an idiot. But the discovery and discussion of bugs and exploits seems fair game.

I only decided to edit out the exact command simply because the original Blizzard poster's message had it edited out. I kind of felt the pressure of not wanting the Lurker Lounge look bad by comparison by making people think that we're a site that condones cheats. But now I wish I hadn't, because really, this is the kind of discussion I would like to have more of here.
You know the funniest part in this whole ordeal is? That apparently there is another command out there that simply wins the game when entered instead of giving you some complicated advantage as teleporting you towards your base. No idea if the rumor is true however, but lets just say I wouldn't be surprised!