First Mauradon run
Did my first Mauradon run last night, and it was the first time in an instance that I was really feeling my role as a Shaman.

Our group was Druid, Shaman, Rogue, Warlock, Priest - the Druid tanked, so for once I was neither the main tank or the main healer. There are really no runners in Mauradon, and few casters, but I did try to use Shock to interrupt those. Poison Cleansing Totem was essential through Outer Mauradon (damn imps); this is the first good use of a Water totem that I've had! otherwise, it was Grace of Air for the agility, and Strength of Earth. Other than totems, I played damage and off-tank, especially trying to keep the diemetredons off of our casters, and helped with AoE (though it doesn't help much on those Rock elementals whose name I forget, those are such a pain!). Tremor Totem for the Princess; I might have used Nature Resistance instead of the Grace of Air had I thought of it - anyone had any experience with this?

In the end, we lost our priest 10 seconds before the Princesss died, and we all wiped on Cerebres due to a load of adds from who knows where, but we killed him first so it was an easy res.

In the end, I got a good pair of shoulders and the dagger from the Princess; I am looking forward to going back for the Hypertech Buckler (he dropped the darn gun when we killed him, and nobody wanted it!), and to kill Rotgut again to try for the Albino croc boots for our Druid. Also, though one of our member had been before and got to complete her Staff of Cerebres, I'd like to go through the other entrance (we went in by Vyletongue) and have the rest complete their staves as well. At least with one, we can do some quicker Inner runs!

Just sharing a good experience!
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Gurnsey,Jun 29 2005, 09:42 AM Wrote:Did my first Mauradon run last night,

In the end, we lost our priest 10 seconds before the Princesss died, and we all wiped on Cerebres due to a load of adds from who knows where, but we killed him first so it was an easy res.

[right][snapback]81966[/snapback][/right]

It was your first ever time in there? That's the impression I'm getting? If so, the following info will be of some interest. ;)

Those adds you got when fighting Cerebres (They looked like the walking trees, right?) are summoned by him. If you don't smack him down, he just keeps summoning more and more of them. He's one of the rare fights where you take the main boss out first, fast, and hard, then play mop up. If you try to fight his adds, he'll just keep adding more, and you'll get overwhelmed eventually.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Jun 29 2005, 08:19 AM Wrote:It was your first ever time in there? That's the impression I'm getting?  If so, the following info will be of some interest. ;)

Those adds you got when fighting Cerebres (They looked like the walking trees, right?) are summoned by him. If you don't smack him down, he just keeps summoning more and more of them. He's one of the rare fights where you take the main boss out first, fast, and hard, then play mop up. If you try to fight his adds, he'll just keep adding more, and you'll get overwhelmed eventually.
[right][snapback]81969[/snapback][/right]

It was my (and the druid, my wife) first time, but the other 3 had been there many times on their other characters, and once the day before on the current ones.

Actually, the adds were a bunch (like 2 groups) of satyrs and imps.

It's entirely possible that we had a Retarded Warlock Pet Incident (RWPI) where he wandered off or took the loooong way around.
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Gurnsey,Jun 29 2005, 11:25 AM Wrote:It was my (and the druid, my wife) first time, but the other 3 had been there many times on their other characters, and once the day before on the current ones.

Actually, the adds were a bunch (like 2 groups) of satyrs and imps.

It's entirely possible that we had a Retarded Warlock Pet Incident (RWPI) where he wandered off or took the loooong way around.
[right][snapback]81970[/snapback][/right]

You're just starting Maraudan too? Princess runs seem to be the new SM, only much more fun. I just did purple and much of orange, and they were a royal pain...

For doing princess, you need to have an experienced player than knows where all the patrols are... it just seems required.

Landslide is another boss that needs to be taken out and have his adds ignored. AOE fear to scatter the adds is actually a good idea in this case, because if you cleared the elemental patrol, there's no adds to worry about.

Glad to know you finally got to actually play Shaman as Shaman. I trio with a Priest and a Shaman (I'm a warrior) so our Shaman is spoiled, and rarely has to play wannabe priest or wannabe warrior.

I wish you luck on further runs. I've never fought Goblin, but other than taht, I much enjoy this instance.
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

"Of Death" Sir Francis Bacon