Doc's Link De Jour
EDITED

The link was to an animated person who you could bounce around a room. It didn't cause blood or gore, but did allow you to bash the person around, slam them into things, etc. It was probably border line, but I think it was too graphically violent (or had the potential to be) to be posted here. Sorry guys.

-Griselda
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
How did you beat level 4?

edit:
Oh, and the French nitpicker within would like to comment that it's "du jour" because "jour" is a male noun, and thus takes the male article "le" and not "la". "De" + "le" = "du". Hence, "Link du jour" :)
Had "jour" been a female noun; or if you had used the female noun "journée", which basically means the same thing, it would've been "link de la jour(née)".

[Image: french.gif]
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Nice "rag doll" action.
Signature? What do you mean?
Edited. Because I was being a penis cranium and I am having a bad say. I said something short tempered to somebody just trying to do their job and look out for the greater good of this community, which is probably hard thankless work.

But I reserve my right to say "Bah humbug!"
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Jun 28 2005, 02:11 PM Wrote:Sorry kids. A G rated rag doll physics link was to graphic. There was no blood, no broken bones, just a poorly rendered figure bouncing around on round bumpers displaying cause and effect.

**Mutters**

Sure, sperm swimming up somebody's cornhole is perfectly acceptable, but an actual educational rag doll link is not.

What a crock.
[right][snapback]81912[/snapback][/right]

It was borderline. I debated it for quite a while. I also sent you a private message so that we could talk about it off the boards.

The fairly realistic image of a woman getting bashed around in any setting, with or without blood, was very uncomfortable for me to watch, even if it wasn't created with malicious intent. Had it been ragdoll penguins, or something, that would have been different.

Upon reflection, I should have edited the sperm post, too. We saw how that one turned out. I debated that one for a while, too, but there was already a discussion going on, and (at the time, anyway) it was a fairly coherent and non-inflammatory discussion. It might even be that thread which caused me to err on the side of caution here. (I think we've been criticized for allowing more violence than sex, even though violence is not a normal adult activity in the way that sex is, so here I'm going in the other direction.)

The forums are not your personal playground. Sometimes we will disagree with where the line is drawn. Apparently this is one of those times.

I'm sorry that we disagree. Honestly.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete