PvP rewards permanent
Apparently Blizzard have completly flip-flopped on this issue and decided to make the PvP rewards based on your highest lifetime rank.

Good or bad? Stroke of genius or symphtoms of madness? You decide. ;)
Good.

Provides something to shoot for, without dooming you to constant honor farming to keep it up.

For example: You level up to 60. Yay! But if you don't keep grinding to gain experience, you'll go back to 59. Not yay. :(

Gives me a little bit of hope for the honor system. Although the continued lack of any penalties (beyond killing quest givers) keeps it more of a levelling treadmill then a pleasant diversion.

The advent of the honor system and its compensated ganking; and the battlegrounds with their destruction of open-field pvp, has brought me closer than ever to abandoning pvp servers. :(
Lame

Pandering to the crybabies once again imo
Necessary evil.

If it were easier to stay on top, I'd agree with it, but in the curent state of things it seems impossible to rise in rank.

This will also discourage the top spots from constantly farming honor and making it impossible for others to reach that peak.

In light of how insurmountable the challenge of reaching high ranks once is, I don't think this is bad. If it were easy, this would be epics for everyone. Right now, I'm going to go Armorsmithing and get Exalted Thorium Brotherhood. It looks easier.
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

"Of Death" Sir Francis Bacon