Superior Item Stats
I'm making a low level duel char, so superior items are very important to me. They should also be rather important to other characters with all these obscenely powerful runewords. However I haven't been able to find a description of how these superior mods are generated. I also have problems with understanding some of the defense calculations.

For example, I found a crown online with 50 defense, 10% ED. So with my assumption of what the defense formula is ( INT( Base Defese * (100 + ED)/100) ), the base defense of this item should be 46. But lo!

The AS and diabloii.net both display crowns as having 25-45 defense. They could still be right, however, and it is only my lack of knowledge about superior items which causes me to come to these conclusions.

Perhaps superior items, when generated, get an extra defense point?

Also, what are all the mods that spawn on these items, or is there a site that can help answer my questions?
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Jun 26 2005, 05:35 PM Wrote:I'm making a low level duel char, so superior items are very important to me.  They should also be rather important to other characters with all these obscenely powerful runewords.  However I haven't been able to find a description of how these superior mods are generated.  I also have problems with understanding some of the defense calculations. 

For example, I found a crown online with 50 defense, 10% ED.  So with my assumption of what the defense formula is ( INT( Base Defese * (100 + ED)/100) ), the base defense of this item should be 46.  But lo!

The AS and diabloii.net both display crowns as having 25-45 defense.  They could still be right, however, and it is only my lack of knowledge about superior items which causes me to come to these conclusions.

Perhaps superior items, when generated, get an extra defense point?

Any armour that has enhanced defense on the item itself (not sockets) has a base defense equal to the maximum possible base defense + 1. The only exceptions to this are items that were upgraded with the cube recipes. There's a bug with those, so they don't get the max + 1 (or the ethereal defense bonus).

Quote:Also, what are all the mods that spawn on these items, or is there a site that can help answer my questions?
[right][snapback]81712[/snapback][/right]

Superior weapons can have:
+1-3 AR
+5-15% enhanced damage
+10-15% durability
any combination of two of the above

Superior armour can have:
+5-15% enhanced defense
+10-15% durability
both of the above
adeyke,Jun 26 2005, 08:57 PM Wrote:Any armour that has enhanced defense on the item itself (not sockets) has a base defense equal to the maximum possible base defense + 1.  The only exceptions to this are items that were upgraded with the cube recipes.  There's a bug with those, so they don't get the max + 1 (or the ethereal defense bonus).
[right][snapback]81716[/snapback][/right]
I know about buggy upgrades, but the whole max defense + 1 is definately new to me (though it perfectly explains the sturdy sash with a white color 3 defense). So essentially any superior armor with % ed has one higher than the base defense? And this works with all items, so a + 100% ed magic sacred armor would always have 602 defense unless it were ethereal? If it were, then it would be 1802, right?

This also explains how the armors listed in the AS have a fixed defense if the % ed doesn't change.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Jun 26 2005, 07:32 PM Wrote:I know about buggy upgrades, but the whole max defense + 1 is definately new to me (though it perfectly explains the sturdy sash with a white color 3 defense).  So essentially any superior armor with % ed has one higher than the base defense?  And this works with all items, so a + 100% ed magic sacred armor would always have 602 defense unless it were ethereal?  If it were, then it would be 1802, right?

This also explains how the armors listed in the AS have a fixed defense if the % ed doesn't change.
[right][snapback]81720[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure what you're saying about sacred armours.

Sacred armour has 487-600 base defense. If it has ED, that's 601 base defense. With 100% ED, that'd make 1,202 total defense.

If it's ethereal, it has 730-900 base defense. If it has ED, that's 901 base defense. With 100% ED, that makes 1,802 total defense.

I should also note that the max + 1 thing comes before the +50% ethereal bonus. This can make a difference with rounding. For example, light belts have 3 base defense. For a 100% ED ethereal one: Add 1 to get 4. Multiply by 1.5 to get 6. Apply the ED to get 12. If the ethereal bonus came before the max + 1 thing, they'd have 10 defense instead.
adeyke,Jun 26 2005, 11:35 PM Wrote:I'm not sure what you're saying about sacred armours.

Sacred armour has 487-600 base defense.  If it has ED, that's 601 base defense.  With 100% ED, that'd make 1,202 total defense.

If it's ethereal, it has 730-900 base defense.  If it has ED, that's 901 base defense.  With 100% ED, that makes 1,802 total defense.

I should also note that the max + 1 thing comes before the +50% ethereal bonus.  This can make a difference with rounding.  For example, light belts have 3 base defense.  For a 100% ED ethereal one: Add 1 to get 4.  Multiply by 1.5 to get 6.  Apply the ED to get 12.  If the ethereal bonus came before the max + 1 thing, they'd have 10 defense instead.
[right][snapback]81725[/snapback][/right]

Good thing you're not sure what I'm saying about sacred armours, because I'm not either.

I'm notorious for arithmatic errors and just not checking my work. I was concentrating on the math for the ones place that I forgot to add the other 600 defense...

Thanks a bunch again for your vast amount of d2 knowledge.