Dark Age of Camelot
I'm finding that I don't have much time for gaming anymore, but I COULD force myself to make a bit more time without losing much of anything. The problem? That game time usually goes to Halo 2 on Live. Rarely do I feel any urge to play WoW these days. It's not that I don't like the game. I guess I'm just a little burnt out with it for the time being, and I'm getting a little tired of paying for something I'm no longer playing.

Having said that, I AM tempted to reinstall DAoC and give that a whirl, especially with the new expansion pack Catacombs (instanced dungeons and improved graphics). So, I pose my question: does anyone here still play this ancient game? Or has everyone burnt out on it the way I burnt out on Planetside awhile ago (which I am ALSO debating starting up again)?
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Yes. New server coming out July 14thish.

They are making 2 new servers that wont have buff bots(you now have to be grouped and with in 5000 units to have conc buffs). Also it wont have ToA - no artifacts and no Master levels.

Im just messing around right now but Ill be playing quite a bit when the new servers go live.

Catacombs is nice because it speeds up leveling time.
I was probably going to re-install and try out the new server. A RL friend of mine stills plays, but almost everyone who I played with in my hardcore DAoC days has quit, so we'll see how my return goes I guess.

No ToA is a nice touch for people coming back to the game or rerolling, but I wish they'd throw Old Frontiers in too and just connect Emain/Hadrian's/Uppland... I was never a fan of the tower-every-5-feet NF.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London